Recommendations for purest heavy hitting desktop vape with water and a large bowl

tigerrr

5 years ago I bought an EpicVape E-Nano to use with glass after reading tons of praises on FC. As a single user it was perfect, very high quality construction with non-toxic materials and the best taste I've experienced. Over time as tolerance levels have changed and I now have my girlfriend living with me, unfortunately it is just too small to use efficiently so I am looking for something bigger but still with the cleanest vapor path possible.

I'm looking at a couple units in particular and would appreciate any input about these or any others to consider.

• The Flowerpot looks like it ticks all the boxes and Cannabis Hardware looks like a great company to work with. I appreciate their grade 2 titanium certification but do wonder if air passing through heated titanium is of any health concern. Metal of any type just doesn't seem as pure as glass/ceramic would be. Keeping the hot head safe away from pets is also something to figure out.
  • The Art of Vapor VapBong / Collyland Aromatizer looks like a really awesome and unique piece. I totally dig their story, handmade aspect, and supporting a small crew of artisans. Coming from a beaker bong with multiple percs and an ash catcher with more percs I wonder if the amount of water this holds is going to be enough for smoothness. With the heating element being internal I'm also not sure if there are any health concerns with air passing directly over the kanthal wire, or if it's built in a way that air only comes in contact with ceramic. And of course availability, I am in need of something quickly and these look rather difficult to get right now.
Criteria:
- Heavy hitter for flower
- Large bowl
- Use with glass rig or be an all-in-one unit with water
- The most healthy unit possible

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tigerrr,
Reactions: dimmusp

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Can't say much about the Flowerpot, but the VapBong is *supersmooth* (and also has a huge bowl that fits pretty much any imaginable amount).

Neither Kanthal nor titanium are known to have any negative health effects when being used in heating elements. There's a lot of debate whether metals can release gases or the like, but at the temperatures we use them they're safe.

Weedaholic

There is so many, off the top of my head you have the flowerpot, herborizer xl. vapbong and them you have the de verdamper that has a huge bowl

Weedaholic,
Reactions: tigerrr

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
The Sublimator is the King of everything you want. They have been out of production for a while, but new V3.0 Subs are being actively worked on for a future release.

PlanetHaze,

howie105

Around .4 g is good for two people which is around five E-Nano bowls. For me that's my Flip Brick or almost any of the ELEV8 desktops (can't speak about the Super Silver Surfer) and both the torch and coil driven ELEV8R vapes. All can produce big hits and be used with water pieces. As to health the cleanest one is probably the coil driven ELEV8R, but I don't really see any problems with any of the listed vape.

CANtalk

Look at the VapeXhale EVO, it's one of a number of premium endgame desktop vapes, plug in and brings the goods in every way for your priorities in my experience, with no burn/fire hazard either. It's bowl is a removable SS mesh setup called an ELB (easy loading bowl). It excellent, large and I can both macrodose and microdose extremely well with the EVO... from 0.013 grams to 0.3+ grams.

With the EVO I can kick back, relax, be safe and share... I vape on the couch in the family room with the TV and music. The EVO has a huge ecosystem and all sorts of support, wet and dry glass options (from basic to exotic), etc. Its concentrates/hash vaping is all glass and awesome as well. Pure pure flavors in all cannabis vaping... and a heater that is as strong as the Flowerpot (The EVO is rated 250 watts and runs at 100 watts). You can set up any number of people each vaping with their own bowl/ELB of flower, which is really cool (and use whatever mouth piece they want). And I've never seen the heater unable to keep up with even large groups going one after another. Check it all out.

There are a number of great vapes out there, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. See what appeals to you and your wants/needs most. Hope that all helps and good luck with the search.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,
Reactions: tigerrr

tigerrr

Thanks for all the replies! I'm taking a look at all of these suggestions in detail. A few specific follow-up questions:

Neither Kanthal nor titanium are known to have any negative health effects when being used in heating elements. There's a lot of debate whether metals can release gases or the like, but at the temperatures we use them they're safe.

I really would like to just take this at face value (and get the Vapbong) but after seeing comments in various threads/videos of Kanthal possibly affecting flavors in one way or another, I can't help but still feel hesitant about it. If it has the potential to affect flavor then in theory it could be releasing gases or some harmful materials that would be directly breathed in and probably isn't the best for health. I wish there was some more concrete data about this - has anyone come across anything?

Look at the VapeXhale EVO, it's one of a number of premium endgame desktop vapes, plug in and brings the goods in every way for your priorities in my experience, with no burn/fire hazard either. It's bowl is a removable SS mesh setup called an ELB (easy loading bowl). It excellent, large and I can both macrodose and microdose extremely well with the EVO... from 0.013 grams to 0.3+ grams.

With the EVO I can kick back, relax, be safe and share... I vape on the couch in the family room with the TV and music. The EVO has a huge ecosystem and all sorts of support, wet and dry glass options (from basic to exotic), etc. Its concentrates/hash vaping is all glass and awesome as well. Pure pure flavors in all cannabis vaping... and a heater that is as strong as the Flowerpot (The EVO is rated 250 watts and runs at 100 watts). You can set up any number of people each vaping with their own bowl/ELB of flower, which is really cool (and use whatever mouth piece they want). And I've never seen the heater unable to keep up with even large groups going one after another. Check it all out.

There are a number of great vapes out there, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. See what appeals to you and your wants/needs most. Hope that all helps and good luck with the search.

The EVO's workflow and enclosed heating element sounds like it would be really good for my situation, and the all-glass airpath takes care of my health concerns about metals. I've heard that the EVO has a 1 hour auto shutoff, is that true and how do you cope with this for session use? I'm looking for something to turn on and heat up before coming home from work, be ready on-demand all night, and automatically shut off in the middle of the night when it's no longer needed for the day (via timer).

The ELB bowls look considerably smaller than some other options but being able to fill multiple at a time and drop them in seems workable. Do you have any issues with the ELBs getting clogged? Also, if you use their HydraTubes do you think they hold enough water to be as smooth as a full size bong with percs? Holding the EVO upside down or needing a whip to use it with my glass seems less than ideal so using one of their HydraTubes sounds interesting, if they are good.

tigerrr,
Reactions: dimmusp

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I really would like to just take this at face value (and get the Vapbong) but after seeing comments in various threads/videos of Kanthal possibly affecting flavors in one way or another, I can't help but still feel hesitant about it. If it has the potential to affect flavor then in theory it could be releasing gases or some harmful materials that would be directly breathed in and probably isn't the best for health. I wish there was some more concrete data about this - has anyone come across anything?

I have used Kanthal wire a lot in my e cigarettes, it is very common and popular in the ecig world. Also from my personal experience the VapBong is one of the purest tasting vapes I know – honestly, I'm always a bit skeptical when I hear people discussing the flavor of various metals, because from a strictly physical point of view it makes no sense. Metals do not gas off at the temperatures we use them. Kanthal in particular is an alloy designed for high temperature purposes and also used for example in toasters (at much higher temps).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@tigerrr you can just flip the Evo back on when it shuts off every hour, that's the system, but you can set up a smart plug to do that for you maybe? Certainly can set one up to turn it on for you before you get home, heat up is around 5 minutes though... An extra large log vape is nice because you can leave it on 24/7, like the aromatizers, Cloud Connoisseur Halo and Atlas are also safe to use this way and another great option... Herborizer?? Hell even LSV perhaps!

CANtalk

The EVO's workflow and enclosed heating element sounds like it would be really good for my situation, and the all-glass airpath takes care of my health concerns about metals. I've heard that the EVO has a 1 hour auto shutoff, is that true and how do you cope with this for session use? I'm looking for something to turn on and heat up before coming home from work, be ready on-demand all night, and automatically shut off in the middle of the night when it's no longer needed for the day (via timer).

The ELB bowls look considerably smaller than some other options but being able to fill multiple at a time and drop them in seems workable. Do you have any issues with the ELBs getting clogged?... Also, if you use their HydraTubes do you think they hold enough water to be as smooth as a full size bong with percs? Holding the EVO upside down or needing a whip to use it with my glass seems less than ideal so using one of their HydraTubes sounds interesting, if they are good.
I find the EVO stays on ~45 min at a time w/ auto shut-off. If I want to keep it on I simply turn off the unit, then back on again. I often just turn the unit on 5 minutes before vaping and there's no need to really do any more as it takes about 5 minutes to get cannabis, pick one, grind it up and load the ELB. As mentioned, there are smart plug options that can be turned off and on through the internet and a phone app with the EVO, etc, and the plug can be programmed as well. The ELB can take up to ~0.3 grams (which I can get even big combusters to bust a lung on <coughing>), and I have vaped all the way down to 0.013 grams in it. The ELBs can get clogged if they're not cleaned with some regularity. I did a test once and posted pictures here where I vaped 16 bowls through a long weekend without cleaning and there were no significant clogging issues (there are some nice brushes for quick cleaning between a full ISO/PBW soak). It's easy and fast to clean the ELBs anyway, I can do it in 5 minutes w/ PBW/ISO, hands off. And I can use another ELB while one or more is being cleaned. There are many different size/volume hydratube options (and different percs) for different conditioning preferences, including ones similar to full size bongs, bongs on bongs for more water conditioning (e.g., hydrabases), etc. Something for everyone.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
For me, a pretty heavy user, the Evo is not enough. The time out is a constant frustration that you can get by if desired. The ELBs are a massive pain in the arse, not too mention the biggest misnomer in the vape industry imo. They are fiddly af to load, get dirty very quickly, and are unfathomably expensive. I also don't find the vapour thick enough but that's not a common complaint. What I love about the Evo is that you can load many ELBs and vape then in quick succession without needing time to reheat. Also the flavour is up there with some of the best.

For a big bowl, and purity, it's got to be an elev8r. I really like the torched version but there is a coiled (electric) version too if that suits you better.

Top Bottom