Recommendations for first portable Vape (Budget 200€, Germany)

Hello FC, I would like to get my first vape and my budget is about 200€. Usually it will need to handle one or two participants and it will be used mostly at home. However, I would also like to be able to bring it with me and use it outside. Please keep in mind that trees aren't legalized (yet) here, so stealth is something we shouldn't totally forget about although it isn't the determining factor. I would ideally also like some on-demand functionality

I've done some research and found a few devices I really like:
  • Arizer Air Max
  • HealthyRips Rogue / Wolkenkraft Äris Ultra
  • XMAX V3 Pro
I really like USB-C charging, but it is not an absolute requirement. I feel like the portability of the Air Max (and absence of dosing caps) could be an issue, although its vapor quality and taste is likely the best. HealthyRips devices aren't really available in Europe, so I'd likely go for a readily available rebrand version. There is the Äris Ultra from Wolkenkraft which even features a larger temp range of 100°C - 220°C, a titanium chamber, an easier to clean air path and 5 years of warranty. The V3 Pro is probably unbeatable at its price point, but it also has its weaknesses and I am hoping to maybe get a vape that's a little better, which my budget should hopefully allow.
What do you think I should get? I'm leaning towards the Äris Ultra (about 170€), but I'm worried I'm overpaying for a subpar rebrand.

Other than that, the Air Vape Legacy Pro would tick all the boxes and would probably also be my pick. Unfortunately it is sold out at airvape's EU store and I cannot find it at a price thats within budget. Buying used would be an option for me.

What do you think? Are my concerns about the Äris UItra unwarranted, or would you maybe recommend something else entirely? Ideally I would like to get a vape which is well regarded and recommended by the FC-community. As a total beginner I really value and appreciate your opinion and would have been lost without the community, so thanks in advance <3

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Hey welcome to FC

I feel like the portability of the Air Max (and absence of dosing caps) could be an issue, although its vapor quality and taste is likely the best.

This one doesn't have on demand function and as a session conduction device the herb will be heated constantly, causing flavor to diminish quite rapidly and the flavor imo becomes sorta stale.
The V3 Pro is probably unbeatable at its price point, but it also has its weaknesses
I don't really think v3p has weaknesses. It might not fit what everyone's after, but that's tru for any vape. V3p does everything at least decent and on par with the competition. It offers session and on demand.

HR Rogue i don't know about

And I might be repeating myself a little? Have the idea I shed my light on this question over at vaporents a couple days ago

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Roffu and Airvape are both a bit overpriced in EU imo, last I checked at least. Airvape has the fat coupons from time to time, but read on Reddit it's sold out here now and don't think a coupon is going around rn
Yeah, I think both of those follow the "high price - deep discounts" model. Although I think people outside North America usually get screwed by that.

True, I feel like a lot of the good vapes are overpriced in Europe. As I said, I think I'd get the Legacy Pro if it was available for a decent price, but I don't think it is.

The Roffu might be a great option as well, I did not list it because I thought its popularity is related to it being so new. Also I could only find it at 175€ without any available accessories.

I would ideally also like to get a water pipe adapter, some dosing caps (and maybe a bubbler) included at the 200€ budget.

The V3 Pro is a great option as well, I'm just a little hesitant to spend so much on accessories and so little on the vape itself.

I'll make sure to check if the Äris has on demand, is there anything that would indicate that other than "on demand" as a listed feature?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'll make sure to check if the Äris has on demand, is there anything that would indicate that other than "on demand" as a listed feature?
Since it is your first device, you probably don't know your heating-style preference. I find that sometimes new vapers like a hybrid device best. A bit of conduction can make up for a novice draw style. Also I find that conduction can make me feel stonier. Unfortunately most hybrid heating devices are also session only devices.

The v3 pro is great, and my current favorite budget battery portable. However it may take a little bit of time experimenting with temperature and draw speed to dial in your preferences. This is true of most battery-powered convection devices.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
True, I feel like a lot of the good vapes are overpriced in Europe. As I said, I think I'd get the Legacy Pro if it was available for a decent price, but I don't think it is.

Yeah being in Europe is an added complication, if you can pay more, tinymight is much more versatile and top tier to fulfill all of your needs, even the TM1 if you can find it a bit cheaper than the TM2...

The Roffu might be a great option as well, I did not list it because I thought its popularity is related to it being so new. Also I could only find it at 175€ without any available accessories.

I would ideally also like to get a water pipe adapter, some dosing caps (and maybe a bubbler) included at the 200€ budget.

The V3 Pro is a great option as well, I'm just a little hesitant to spend so much on accessories and so little on the vape itself.

V3P is quite impressive especially for the price, the company has come a long way, listening to our feedback here, it is worth spending more for the nice accessories because you can make it really nice! The stock setup works well though, it is one of the few that can do really well with session or on demand mode, pretty pure convection although depending how you use it with the session mode there can be more conduction as well... Great place to start and learn without too much compromise

No, it does not, healthy rips are all hybrid session devices, and the rebrands typically are made using not as pure materials comparatively...

On demand and session usually corresponds to convection and conduction, but there are a lot of hybrids, also instant is another category for heat up time, on demand and session refers to control basically

I've just heard that Wolkenkraft made the original design and only licensed it to HealthyRips, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

It's really unfortunate for the Äris to not have on demand. It was my favourite thusfar and I heard lots of beginners getting it are very happy with it.

The V3 is looking more and more like a great pick. Are there any accessories (apart from dosing caps and water pipe adapter) you'd recommend so I get the most out of it?

The Roffu also looks promising, but as others said, its more expensive in EU. At which price should I consider the Roffu?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've just heard that Wolkenkraft made the original design and only licensed it to HealthyRips, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

It's really unfortunate for the Äris to not have on demand. It was my favourite thusfar and I heard lots of beginners getting it are very happy with it.

The V3 is looking more and more like a great pick. Are there any accessories (apart from dosing caps and water pipe adapter) you'd recommend so I get the most out of it?

The Roffu also looks promising, but as others said, its more expensive in EU. At which price should I consider the Roffu?
I'd pay about 1.5x the price of the v3p (without accessories).

That's not to say is 1.5x as good, I wouldn't be able to even tell myself that as I've only used v3p. But to me the upgrades are significant enough to pay a bit more. I would have a hard time going over 150 myself, because you start to creep up on the lower end of the TM1 price bracket and that is imo easily worth like 4x the price of v3p. It's on another level

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I never bother with dosing caps, so I would skip those. I think a WPA is great. I would recommend the POTV mouthpiece, but it might be expensive to import?

Oh, I put a small mesh screen in the bottom of the chamber in mine. It keeps it a bit cleaner and it doesn't interfere with the flavor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you decided on the v3p you can find all the answers about what to get with it and how to use it best in the specific thread :tup:

I don't know where you heard that, but as I understand it, Weecke are the manufacturer of the Fenix multibrand which is what these are (healthy rips requested specific specs for their designs and some exclusives but I suppose it's possible Wolkenkraft made those initial requests for the European market before US? How to verify though)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Do you think it is possible to get a TinyMight (ideally TM2) in Europe for about 200€?
200 won't get you TM2

I'm not keeping close watch on TM1 stock but it seemed to become less available. Not sure if it's being phased out or if TM2 is current focus because of demand. It's possible you'll find one for 200 at 420 sale if you get lucky, otherwise secondhand is probably your best shot

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Ok to put my 2 cents in regarding the V3pro. If you live in a cold environment and want to use it outdoors it is not a great choice. I replaced mine last year with a TM as suggested by members here. It is considerably better. Look to see if you can pick one up used.

GoldenBud

I will say something that usually I don't see here in this forum, some will say it's not smart to do, but, get a TM/TM2 and split the payment in your International Credit Card if you can't spend around 300$-400$. it worthes it and the customer service is great.

kendon

Unfortunately, there basically is no market in Germany for used vapes. Best chances are ebay or ebay Kleinanzeigen. I have made a few bargains, but you need to watch it long term. Facebook also has some groups for used devices, but I tend to stay away from Facebook in general.
vapowelt.de and 157grad.de regularly have some good bargains on "B-Ware" (customer returns etc.), and obviously there is the most well-known shop verdampftnochmal.de, but they rarely have sales or special offers. There is a polish shop called vapefully, I have made good experience with them on at least three occasions. Finally, grasscity has a shop in the Netherlands, which is also feasible for shipment to Germany. If you can wait another three months you will get lots of good offers for 4/20, if not then do your self a favour and do not check prices in April ;)

Thank you for your suggestions! I think I will go with either the Legacy Pro or the Roffu (Roffu is more likely due to budget), if I can get some dosing caps for them. I couldn't find ones for the Roffu anywhere. Does anyone know a place where you could get those? If not or not right now, are there dosing caps fade for other vapes, which fit the Roffu or the Legacy Pro?

Last edited:
Roffu and capsules for Roffu can be purchased here -
These are for the V3 Pro, does that mean V3 Pro caps fit the Roffu?

Top Bottom