Recommendation for simple vape for user with high standards

XpeeN

You can swap the glass oven for stainless steel and use stainless steel capsules in the Ruffu for easy, more conduction-oriented cloud production...just not as tasty (and more stoney with effects) than using it in convection mode.:2c:
Totally forgot about the steel oven option, thanks. Do you need to soak it a bit?

MHL

Try hard noob
I have an IQ2. It's very portable and very robust, and you can dial in the right temperature. However it takes ages to heat up in comparison to other devices I have. A couple of minutes I think, though I haven't timed it.

I reach for my legacy pro more often, because it performs slightly better and is much much faster (takes 10 - 15s to get up to temp). If you get the dosing capsules, it becomes even easier to use (without them it can become a bit messy tbh). This is portable, but slightly less portable than the others IMO because the mouthpiece has a tendency to come off. It's only a little thing, but it could quickly become annoying in a handbag or whatever.

My OH uses a Pax and I can see why she prefers it. It is far simpler than the others, and looks much neater. It doesn't have a removeable battery, but it has a decent battery life (3000mAh, about the same as one with a removable battery) and it's quick to charge. The performance is not as good as the legacy pro, but it's not much longer (20s ish to get up to temp) and it is so much better for carrying about, that's the one I take if I'm off out to a gig or something.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
May partner loves the mighty. Maybe grab her a crafty? No need for fancy temp adjustments with that silly web app. Just use the three default presets. One button operation. Easy to load and empty. Easy to clean too once you do it once.

And they're like $210 right now

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Hms34

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you need to soak it a bit?
No, the first puff is pretty dense before vapor really gets going on the second shorter puff...I get about 4 or 5 puffs max to a cap at max temp like below,

LesPlenty,

dog walker

I'll be honest, it sounds like the perfect case for a PAX. It won't be mind blowing but it's easy to use, easy to charge, easy to bring places, and has a 10 year warranty. I've got a few friends who swear by them, and it's what got me into vaping.
Thanks for this suggestion!

dog walker,
Reactions: Vehmic

dog walker

I think your best bet is the conventional hybrid vapes. The venty is really hyped right now although there was a mass recall and reported to perform really well with 0 effort. You'll still have to maintain it for her ofc but at least she could vape daily without your help.

Thanks for your input!

dog walker,

Rodney

Hi friends. I read through the history and didn't find any recommendation threads that addressed my question, so thanks in advance for tolerating another what to buy thread.

I am looking for a vaporizer for my wife. Currently she piggybacks off of my Firewood7 and Firewood9, and she likes them both, but only after I clean, load, and take the first drag so they are well-maintained and already warmed up. Basically she appreciates the high quality delivery from them but has ZERO interest in learning a device or even why some hits she takes are more appealing to her than others. The only other device I have is a Toad, which is even more reliant on a purposeful user for a good experience.

I don't mind sharing with her, but I wonder if she'd appreciate and better learn from a device that had more finess-able temperature settings. She has never cared about a device being beautiful, unique, or artistic. She doesn't need a particularly big hit - I think she'd prefer a consistent experience. And she doesn't care about flavor - she doesn't particularly like the taste of weed (but also doesn't want a mouth full of smoke).

Any ideas for a good entry-level, easy-to-use vape for her? I don't mind spending money on the gift, but I also think she might just be a better fit for a basic device that displays temperature and is minimally fussy.

Thanks for your consideration.

Reading this made me smile and can relate to this as have friends who like to vape when I am with them but they are not interested in learning anything about vapes or understanding how they work for the perfect puff.

I would get a V3 Pro as it is cheap and affective or as you dont mind spending the money get a Mighty+ as they are easy to work and maintain etc without you ever having to do much and also has the 3 year warranty.

dog walker

Reading this made me smile and can relate to this as have friends who like to vape when I am with them but they are not interested in learning anything about vapes or understanding how they work for the perfect puff.

I would get a V3 Pro as it is cheap and affective or as you dont mind spending the money get a Mighty+ as they are easy to work and maintain etc without you ever having to do much and also has the 3 year warranty.

Thanks! I am glad she's interested in vaping some - this is a new development - and I understand that it's not a passion (or even interest) for her, but I can't help but think she'd have a better experience if she thought about it a little more. I still can't decide if I should buy her something or not...I'm sure she'd say don't bother, and I don't mind doing the heavy lifting/maintenance and sharing, but I do wonder if she's missing out! Thanks for your input.

dog walker,
Reactions: Rodney

Flow

Well… i'd say Airvape Legacy pro or steampunk edition with no doubt.
Triple clic the ON button, and there you go…
3/5/10 min session mode or on demand, dosing caps, fine temp tuning… Fine vape, precise tuning and powerfull heater, and as it's cheaper than a mighty…

Flow,
Reactions: Hms34
Top Bottom