Recommendation for simple vape for user with high standards

dog walker

Hi friends. I read through the history and didn't find any recommendation threads that addressed my question, so thanks in advance for tolerating another what to buy thread.

I am looking for a vaporizer for my wife. Currently she piggybacks off of my Firewood7 and Firewood9, and she likes them both, but only after I clean, load, and take the first drag so they are well-maintained and already warmed up. Basically she appreciates the high quality delivery from them but has ZERO interest in learning a device or even why some hits she takes are more appealing to her than others. The only other device I have is a Toad, which is even more reliant on a purposeful user for a good experience.

I don't mind sharing with her, but I wonder if she'd appreciate and better learn from a device that had more finess-able temperature settings. She has never cared about a device being beautiful, unique, or artistic. She doesn't need a particularly big hit - I think she'd prefer a consistent experience. And she doesn't care about flavor - she doesn't particularly like the taste of weed (but also doesn't want a mouth full of smoke).

Any ideas for a good entry-level, easy-to-use vape for her? I don't mind spending money on the gift, but I also think she might just be a better fit for a basic device that displays temperature and is minimally fussy.

Thanks for your consideration.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Perhaps Roffu? It is more convection than hybrid like the FW though... So she might enjoy lobo or rogue more except those are session style instead of on-demand... She might like arizer air for more hybrid experience though it is also session style... There is nothing quite like the FW 7-9 performance that will be as simple to use on her own as someone setting it up for you unfortunately lol

dog walker

Perhaps Roffu? It is more convection than hybrid like the FW though... So she might enjoy lobo or rogue more except those are session style instead of on-demand... She might like arizer air for more hybrid experience though it is also session style... There is nothing quite like the FW 7-9 performance that will be as simple to use on her own as someone setting it up for you unfortunately lol

Thanks for these suggestions. It's not like she has any point of comparison for the FW...It's just what I prefer to use, that she also started using. Which is just to say more convection/hybrid may be something she's never considered (but may end up missing on another device - who knows). I'll look into the Roffu - I don't know anything about it. Thanks again!

HughJass

Easy to use, consistent experience, minimal fussing about- Unfortunately the Bowle comes to my mind :worms:
But it’s far from an ‘entry level device’ and they’re still out of stock :/

The biggest problem I see is that most devices need to be maintained regularly to have a consistent experience.

But that being said an OG mighty or crafty with dosing capsules could be a nice option- The next best imo for easy to use, minimal maintenance devices with a consistent experience.

I don’t have firsthand experience with the Roffu, but that could be a good budget option if you’re willing to help her clean and maintain it!

CANtalk

For the OP, you get what you pay for & even w/ a basic vape, it's worth stepping up to the higher quality options (worth it in many ways, including in both extraction & vapor density performance). So I'd first recommend a quality vape, no HR Fury / Rogue, etc. type stuff, etc.

Plus easy to clean is harder to find. Like the Crafty I own, the Mighty & Venti are quality vapes but the top mouthpieces are fussy to clean, needing short term regular cleansing if used very much. If it were my only vape or I had to use it often, I personally wouldn't look at an S&B portable.

The TinyMight 2 will be excellent according to the large owner enthusiast community. Check it out. It's not on my list because I'm not into a vape designed around a metal heater w/ fins in the airpath (SS w/ the TM2 ), ymmv. Not my thing, but it definitely makes the TM2 & Flowerpot, etc. big heaters / extractors.

Another quality portable I know that comes to mind, check out the Davinci IQ2 (& related), Black Friday today it's on for $186 US! Luv that price :love::love:. I own a premium convection desktop evape & a quality ultraportable hybrid heater evape and am very familiar w/ those types (& others through others as well). I also vape a friends conduction ultraportable IQ2 evape once in a while. I am very impressed with this conduction evape as the flavor does not drop off that much more than convection / hybrid vapes, going through a bowl. Zirconia ceramic bowl setup (better than any metal imo), big cloud capable in a fast ~45 second heating setup. It looks & feels awesome (feels weighty even), can be both manual & programmable / auto, uses a quick replaceable 18650 battery, has dosage pods & other ecosystem accessories & is not too fussy when cleaning.

Think about what you want & check out the vapes suggested & see what's similar as well. Buy once cry once.

Hope that all helps, good luck!

HAF so sorry for any spelling / grammar awkwardness :razz:, I've already been fixing & better clarifying a few things

TGIF & have a great night

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Finessseee

Arizer Air SE for cheap Session or Tafee Bowle for expensive On Demand. Simple devices to use and super easy to clean. Log vapes or the MiniVap could work as well.

dog walker

Crafty
Mighty
Venty
V3 Pro
Lobo
Rogue

Thanks for the suggestions!
Easy to use, consistent experience, minimal fussing about- Unfortunately the Bowle comes to my mind :worms:
But it’s far from an ‘entry level device’ and they’re still out of stock :/

The biggest problem I see is that most devices need to be maintained regularly to have a consistent experience.

But that being said an OG mighty or crafty with dosing capsules could be a nice option- The next best imo for easy to use, minimal maintenance devices with a consistent experience.

I don’t have firsthand experience with the Roffu, but that could be a good budget option if you’re willing to help her clean and maintain it!
I agree with you re: maintenance, Hugh, and appreciate your feedback. I don't mind maintaining the device...Honestly I don't MIND anything about our current setup, but basically she uses whatever I'm using, at whatever settings I'm using it, and I wonder if she'd enjoy understanding a little more about the experience. I can tell her how it's set, but I suspect that would be more meaningful with a device that she can easily change temperature settings for (without a bunch of conversation with me).

dog walker,
Reactions: HughJass

dog walker

For the OP, you get what you pay for & even w/ a basic vape, it's worth stepping up to the higher quality options (worth it in many ways, including in both extraction & vapor density performance). So I'd first recommend a quality vape, no HR Fury / Rogue, etc. type stuff, etc.

Think about what you want & check out the vapes suggested & see what's similar as well. Buy once cry once.

Hope that all helps, good luck!

Thanks for the input! We agree about quality, and I will check out the DAVINCI IQ2.

dog walker,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

Thanks for the suggestions!

I agree with you re: maintenance, Hugh, and appreciate your feedback. I don't mind maintaining the device...Honestly I don't MIND anything about our current setup, but basically she uses whatever I'm using, at whatever settings I'm using it, and I wonder if she'd enjoy understanding a little more about the experience. I can tell her how it's set, but I suspect that would be more meaningful with a device that she can easily change temperature settings for (without a bunch of conversation with me).
Don't forget to check out YouTube for reviews of any vaporizer you're interested in. Can be quite helpful.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the input! We agree about quality, and I will check out the DAVINCI IQ2.

Yeah I recommended the Arizer Air instead of the IQ2 specifically for maintenance reasons, with the air you only really have to worry about cleaning the glass stem, removable chamber and pathway, IQ2 even with using a capsule you will have to clean the inside pathway which is more involved (if you are doing the cleaning that is a different story I suppose haha but I agree if you could step up to higher quality none of these is going to feel quite like the FW vapor really)

dog walker

Yeah I recommended the Arizer Air instead of the IQ2 specifically for maintenance reasons, with the air you only really have to worry about cleaning the glass stem, removable chamber and pathway, IQ2 even with using a capsule you will have to clean the inside pathway which is more involved (if you are doing the cleaning that is a different story I suppose haha but I agree if you could step up to higher quality none of these is going to feel quite like the FW vapor really)

Got it. I'm pretty happy to clean and maintain it; I guess I'd just like to empower her to learn a little about vaping, but perhaps this Christmas gift idea is just creating more trouble than it's worth. The more I read through this thread, the more I think the current arrangement might just be best.

CANtalk

Got it. I'm pretty happy to clean and maintain it; I guess I'd just like to empower her to learn a little about vaping, but perhaps this Christmas gift idea is just creating more trouble than it's worth. The more I read through this thread, the more I think the current arrangement might just be best.
I recommend everyone take their time to figure out which vape(s) work best for them (or maybe not needed) 👍 :nod:. Lots of vape options out there & infinite variety, strengths & weakness. All sales will come again. Buy once, cry once

Good luck

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any ideas for a good entry-level, easy-to-use vape for her? I don't mind spending money on the gift, but I also think she might just be a better fit for a basic device that displays temperature and is minimally fussy.
I really like my Roffu, so much that XVAPE offered me a job!
Simple to use/load (especially with the stainless steel capsules, again fuck aluminium inside a vape).
I like to use mine with the stainless steel oven/capsule together for extra conduction at night time and the glass oven during the day for more convection.
25% off for BF also...https://xvapeusa.com/product/xlux-series-roffu-powered-by-xvape/
I see is that most devices need to be maintained regularly
I got 650 puffs on my Roffu before it started bubbling reclaim to the point I really had to clean it.:2c:
The heater is stainless steel, not aluminum.
S&B are the only aluminium heater lovers that I know of...Bickel tickle.;)

Shit Snacks

Yeah it ultimately depends on her and what she wants to do, some people get into it, some people don't have even like a fraction of the patience required lol habit changing / building

XpeeN

I really like my Roffu, so much that XVAPE offered me a job!
Simple to use/load (especially with the stainless steel capsules, again fuck aluminium inside a vape).
I like to use mine with the stainless steel oven/capsule together for extra conduction at night time and the glass oven during the day for more convection.
25% off for BF also...https://xvapeusa.com/product/xlux-series-roffu-powered-by-xvape/

I got 650 puffs on my Roffu before it started bubbling reclaim to the point I really had to clean it.:2c:

S&B are the only aluminium heater lovers that I know of...Bickel tickle.;)
How about that priming that convection vapes benefits from? OP mentioned he needs to prime the FW for his wife, so I guess it'll be the case with the roffu too? As much as I love full convection I just don't think it's the right choice for OP's wife from my experience.
@dog walker I think your best bet is the conventional hybrid vapes. The venty is really hyped right now although there was a mass recall and reported to perform really well with 0 effort. You'll still have to maintain it for her ofc but at least she could vape daily without your help.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I'll be honest, it sounds like the perfect case for a PAX. It won't be mind blowing but it's easy to use, easy to charge, easy to bring places, and has a 10 year warranty. I've got a few friends who swear by them, and it's what got me into vaping.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How about that priming that convection vapes benefits from?
You can swap the glass oven for stainless steel and use stainless steel capsules in the Ruffu for easy, more conduction-oriented cloud production...just not as tasty (and more stoney with effects) than using it in convection mode.:2c:

Top Bottom