Recommendation for a quality desktop/home vaporizor that will last

2pumpchump

Something that's not battery powered/portable. I've already got something that fulfills that need and don't need another one. I also wanted something that functions on it's own, so no torches, ball vapes, or IH.

I guess I should change my budget to $250 to keep the recommendations under $300 🙃
As I thought even if the price on the TM2 was under 300 it was not what you are looking for it's a portable hard hiters but still not what you are looking for .. I will continue to look around for something with a dedicated power supply but most of the suggestions off the top of my head have been suggested and some really good ones !

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'll look into the miniVap. Withe current sale + free shipping puts it in my price range. I dont know why the call it portable. It's definitely a big unit :lol:
Glad you'll give it a look.
There is an optional adapter for A/C power, it replaces the whole bottom half of the vape, which is the battery compartment.
As a plug-in it's shorter and lighter than the battery setup.
MV has a long track record. When they first came out they were, like, 900 bucks, have been refined and improved along the way. Years from now you can send it back to them for refurbish, upgrade to latest, whatever. It is a lasting relationship. Shipping for that stuff can be kinda strong, because the factory is in Spain...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Something that's not battery powered/portable. I've already got something that fulfills that need and don't need another one.

Right, just want to be sure you understand the limitations, like if the goal is to have something always ready faster than your pax, it could still be battery-powered and satisfy you more than a plug-in potentially... Pax is session conduction so it is nothing like these pure convection on demand units, they work like desktops, only portable with battery power sure (removable batteries externally charged means you would never be without though and instant heat up) so yeah I just wanted to be clear that just because you have two portables doesn't mean they fill the same need if they are so different from each other...

I also wanted something that functions on it's own, so no torches, ball vapes, or IH.

Right, but like a log, is the heating element that is warm, then you use a separate stem or WPA as your chamber pathway bowl, so in theory that is really not that different having a ball vape as you're heating element, or metal DV style tip that is heated externally... All in one units like Pax and Ditanium are not necessarily simpler or better just because of that aspect, Tafee bowle It's probably going to be out of your range but it is a good example of a portable all-in-one that would be great for home...

I guess I should change my budget to $250 to keep the recommendations under $300 🙃 I do appreciate the help though.

I mean if you hunt for the deals and right places to buy what you want you could probably get something that cost 300 or more for $250 or less potentially, just saying, if you want specific things you will have to compromise and often it is easiest to just pay more somehow to get what you really want lol but you'd have to be sure I suppose

I'll look into the miniVap. With the current sale + free shipping puts it in my price range. I don't know why they call it portable. It's definitely a big unit :lol:

Wow okay my understanding is the MV actually cost much more than that, it is unique session style convection, anyway good luck with the choice!

2pumpchump

Glad you'll give it a look.
There is an optional adapter for A/C power, it replaces the whole bottom half of the vape, which is the battery compartment.
As a plug-in it's shorter and lighter than the battery setup.
MV has a long track record. When they first came out they were, like, 900 bucks, have been refined and improved along the way. Years from now you can send it back to them for refurbish, upgrade to latest, whatever. It is a lasting relationship. Shipping for that stuff can be kinda strong, because the factory is in Spain...
Wow 900 to less than 300 and refined that is a steal I can't find 1 for under 400 . Unless I'm looking at the wrong minivape

Last edited:
2pumpchump,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

if the goal is to have something always ready faster than your pax, it could still be battery-powered and satisfy you more than a plug-in potentially
That's not my goal so I'm okay with something that has a longer warmup time.

then you use a separate stem or WPA as your chamber pathway bowl, so in theory that is really not that different having a ball vape as you're heating element, or metal DV style tip that is heated externally
I don't think that's a good comparison. Needing to use a mouth piece stem is not the same as having to use an entirely seperate unit to use the device. I can't puff directly from a ball vape. I don't want to have to leave my bong out all the time, that's my personal preference. With a log I have the option just to use a stem and that's it.

The Tafee bowlee is a little tacky for me haha even if it was in my price range.

I'm currently looking for all the deals I can. I'm strict on my budget because if I go a little over then why not go a little more than that? And why not a little more than that? I can see myself paying a lot more than I want to but if I'm strict then that won't happen.

Shit Snacks

don't think that's a good comparison. Needing to use a mouth piece stem is not the same as having to use an entirely seperate unit to use the device. I can't puff directly from a ball vape. I don't want to have to leave my bong out all the time, that's my personal preference. With a log I have the option just to use a stem and that's it.

Yeah my point was, the stem is not just your mouthpiece, it is also your chamber, so it actually is the same... You need two pieces regardless, chamber pathway, and the heater element... You don't have to use a bong, but yeah I never use glass stem anymore this way, so much more enjoyable with WPA on a hook at least... Many people use a log that way fine though and I did for a while, but that glass stem is like your little chilling pipe, and you bring it to the heater.. so using a vape to heat up with an induction heater honestly is more or less the same experience, except different but like that's what I'm saying you're always going to have two pieces really with these styles...

I'm currently looking for all the deals I can. I'm strict on my budget because if I go a little over then why not go a little more than that? And why not a little more than that? I can see myself paying a lot more then I want to but if I'm strict then that won't happen

Yeah I'm not telling you to go over, I'm telling you to hunt for the best deals, so you won't have to go over or sacrifice the choice too much... That deal for the MV is really good although I would want to make sure it could also plug in to run off wall power, and I have such a hard time deciding between the different models and temp settings personally lol

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I think I'm gonna wait and get a log from Alan once I get in contact with him. Until then I can get the Da Buddha with the ball vape kit for $200. Seems like a good deal since it's on sale right now. Last thing before I pull the trigger, is the MiniVap worth it for $100 more over the Da Buddha with the ball kit? I haven't found much to compare the two.

coolbreeze

If you want to move around while using it or you can't abide whips, it might be better for you. I think the baller DBV would be more powerful though, and you can leave it on 24/7, etc.

Robert-in-YEG

I'm sorry I don't know much about the different types of vaporizers so I have no preference there. Being able to set a specific temp is nice but I really don't know much besides that. I just want something that will last me a long time and is well built.
If you want to keep it simple look at the XMax V3 Pro?

It is inexpensive, reliable, well-rated, and it is simple. There is an on-demand mode and a session mode. Mine has been used almost daily for more than a year.

Robert-in-YEG

XpeeN

How about these ones:
  • Dreamwood Peacemaker (no prototype product example here)
  • Herborizer which is kinda old school tech, before the whole ball scene began. It'll let you get around 5 hits instead a one and done with a ball vape. Maybe old school FP showerhead will do?
  • Arizer eq, vtower and similars might work.

SpudBob

+2 on Ed's TNT or Alan's HI both highly regarded! I didnt read all the posts, Im lazy that way, but Alan has the most "budget" friendly Logs. I bought one of his square logs and IIRC it was under $100-get the 7/16th if you go with him. Both of these guys are awesome to deal with and both small batch Artisan's. The type of people I LOVE to support. Im sure someone has said but you can leave these pluged in 24/7 if you want with no worries.

Alan usually has a couple 2 or three of the square and or Bamboo HI's. Ive got both and use the Square way more, like everyday, because the Bamboo is the smaller heater. Get the 7/16th if you go with him. If you contact him it may take a few days for him to answer back. Great Guy to deal with by the way!
Toasty Top HI link!

Texus

One thing to be aware of about logs is that they are so light that they are very susceptible to being tipped over even from things like brushing against the power cords. Couchlog addresses this with magnet on bottom of device. And E-Nano XL with the flared base that adds a bit of stability.

Another log consideration is that a lot of these have more microdosing sized chambers. Exceptions to this are the E-Nano XL and Couchlog. Not sure about HI in that respect.

And if you want a heavy hitter, ball vapes can't be beat. Lots are fine, but even the Couchlog I wouldn't consider a heavy hitter. Others I would consider heavy hitters are VapBongs, Herborizer and Anvil (only portable I'd consider a heavy hitter).

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
If it weren't for the dabs, would you recommend the XQ2 over the Ditanium? I haven't mentioned this yet but I'm also looking for something with a smooth draw. A little resistance is fine but smooth and tasty is the goal.

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of the heat up time. If I wanted a quick puff I'd just use my Pax.

I'll have to take another look at the Heat Island options and take some time with it.

I'll at this to the list haha I have a lot of options at this point. I'm hoping I can narrow it down a bit.
Would I recommend the XQ2 over the Ditanium? I feel comfortable recommending either or both, as they are both great vapes.
Every vape recommended on this thread so far, so far as I can tell is a great vape. There isn't one I wouldn't be pleased to own, and I imagine you will be pleased with whichever selection you make. You might also regret not getting another vape that was suggested, or you might find your vape needs expand, as so many of us have, and start to Build the Collection. Not because you are dissatisfied with your selection, but because you are so pleased with your choice, that you want even more vape joy and to find out how other vapes perform for you.
Even if you only want one desktop, I can say the Arizer XQ2 or the Ditanium will serve you well and are good vapes. If I somehow lost them both, I'd replace them both. They are both used and loved.
I wanted to wish you luck in finding the current right vape. It's fun, and a good way to meet the many helpful and kind people on FC.
Also, at 421Store (online) the Arizer XQ2 is 40% off until January 8th, 2024. The sale price is $149.99, and the code is 'Arizer' , shipping free.
Also, Planet of the Vapes, POTV, has a clearance section, and open box or returned vapes at nice discounts. Sometimes Ditanium show up there. I just checked, and they have an Arizer EQ for $100 right now. That's the model before the XQ2, and we'll worth $100 to my mind. The Arizer EQ was my first vape, and I have and use it still. I think it's 6 years next month. Never a problem with it, and it blows bags, which some like.
And, as far as needing to preheat your desktop, I just turn mine on when I'm home, and they are ready as I need them.
May you find your next favorite vape. Enjoy.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Would I recommend the XQ2 over the Ditanium? I feel comfortable recommending either or both, as they are both great vapes.
Every vape recommended on this thread so far, so far as I can tell is a great vape. There isn't one I wouldn't be pleased to own, and I imagine you will be pleased with whichever selection you make. You might also regret not getting another vape that was suggested, or you might find your vape needs expand, as so many of us have, and start to Build the Collection. Not because you are dissatisfied with your selection, but because you are so pleased with your choice, that you want even more vape joy and to find out how other vapes perform for you.
Even if you only want one desktop, I can say the Arizer XQ2 or the Ditanium will serve you well and are good vapes. If I somehow lost them both, I'd replace them both. They are both used and loved.
I wanted to wish you luck in finding the current right vape. It's fun, and a good way to meet the many helpful and kind people on FC.
Also, at 421Store (online) the Arizer XQ2 is 40% off until January 8th, 2024. The sale price is $149.99, and the code is 'Arizer' , shipping free.
Also, Planet of the Vapes, POTV, has a clearance section, and open box or returned vapes at nice discounts. Sometimes Ditanium show up there. I just checked, and they have an Arizer EQ for $100 right now. That's the model before the XQ2, and we'll worth $100 to my mind. The Arizer EQ was my first vape, and I have and use it still. I think it's 6 years next month. Never a problem with it, and it blows bags, which some like.
And, as far as needing to preheat your desktop, I just turn mine on when I'm home, and they are ready as I need them.
May you find your next favorite vape. Enjoy.
Great information there. And you're right I've got a lot of good recommendations in this thread. I do feel like whatever I decide to get I'm going to be eyeing some others. I guess this is how it starts, huh? 😅 I've decided to to get the Da Buddha with the ball vape kit and a Heat Island. Already getting two when I was looking for one lol

The XQ2 was one I strongly considered. It's a good unit for a cheap price and like the idea of the bags but in reality I never see myself using it the bags more than a couple of times. I didn't want a ball vape but I consider the DBV ball mod is close enough. And I'm aware I could probably mod some other vapes with balls but I really liked the DBV simplicity. The customer service at Elev8 also seems to be really good and responsive with messages I've sent them so far and that's a big plus for me. The DBV should last me many years and if I have any issues I can always get help with it. USA made👍

I'm also going to get Heat Island. I've heard a lot of great things about log vapes and I couldn't help but get one along side the DBV. The HI is cheaply priced and I love the idea of a hand crafted piece from a small operation from someone doing it just cause it's what they like to do. Similarly that's why I ordered an Aroma 3 grinder from Old Mate Designs. I can't wait to use it with my new vapes once I get a hold of them.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Great information there. And you're right I've got a lot of good recommendations in this thread. I do feel like whatever I decide to get I'm going to be eyeing some others. I guess this is how it starts, huh? 😅 I've decided to to get the Da Buddha with the ball vape kit and a Heat Island. Already getting two when I was looking for one lol

The XQ2 was one I strongly considered. It's a good unit for a cheap price and like the idea of the bags but in reality I never see myself using it the bags more than a couple of times. I didn't want a ball vape but I consider the DBV ball mod is close enough. And I'm aware I could probably mod some other vapes with balls but I really liked the DBV simplicity. The customer service at Elev8 also seems to be really good and responsive with messages I've sent them so far and that's a big plus for me. The DBV should last me many years and if I have any issues I can always get help with it. USA made👍

I'm also going to get Heat Island. I've heard a lot of great things about log vapes and I couldn't help but get one along side the DBV. The HI is cheaply priced and I love the idea of a hand crafted piece from a small operation from someone doing it just cause it's what they like to do. Similarly that's why I ordered an Aroma 3 grinder from Old Mate Designs. I can't wait to use it with my new vapes once I get a hold of them.
Seriously, good job on your final picks. I think they will both serve you really well.

Not long ago I picked my first desktop (Couchlog) and I was struggling to decide what to buy. Couchlog was pricy but I'm really happy. The DBV mod wasn't really on my radar at the time but I could easily see myself going for that too. I've heard nothing but good things about the Heat Island vapes as well.

Shit Snacks

Yeah solid, I went in for my first desktop with LSV, since I liked using it with WPA on my inline honeycomb rig, I ended up selling it once I got my first log, underdog, to use the same way essentially only better for my needs

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

Congratulations on your choices! Well done, and yes, this is How it Starts.

Top Bottom