Recommendation for a quality desktop/home vaporizor that will last

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I use my Pax vaporizer almost daily and I love it. It's perfect for what I needed it to be; small, discrete, and easy to use. It lasted me 9 years before I got a replacement under warranty. I like things that will just keep going when taken care of.

With that being said, I'm looking for something not so discrete but still simple and functional. I would like a device I can set on my table, turn on, and start smoking. I like relaxed sessions. I also wanted something that I can pause mid sesh and pick up again later. I do have a bong so being able to use the vape with that would be nice. Same with concentrates, although these things aren't totally necessary. I want something that also produces a good flavor.

I'm sorry I don't know much about the different types of vaporizers so I have no preference there. Being able to set a specific temp is nice but I really don't know much besides that. I just want something that will last me a long time and is well built.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
From your description, I was going to recommend a nice log vape. I have a few and really enjoy them. However I've never had much luck with concentrates and logs. Everything else lines up nicely. On demand, always available, nice relaxing sessions.

I think a ball vape tends to lead to much quicker sessions. Easy to blow through a bowl or two quickly. I really enjoy all my ball vapes and have opinions about all of them, but I'm not sure that is what you are after.

There are a few other types out there, like the volcano etc. I don't have much experience with them as I don't like the bags or whips required.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

From your description, I was going to recommend a nice log vape. I have a few and really enjoy them. However I've never had much luck with concentrates and logs. Everything else lines up nicely. On demand, always available, nice relaxing sessions.

I think a ball vape tends to lead to much quicker sessions. Easy to blow through a bowl or two quickly. I really enjoy all my ball vapes and have opinions about all of them, but I'm not sure that is what you are after.

There are a few other types out there, like the volcano etc. I don't have much experience with them as I don't like the bags or whips required.
Thanks for the reply. I've never heard of a log vape before. I'll have to look into it. I've seen ball vapes and they look interesting but they might be a little much for me. Although they do look easy to use. The only thing is I would need a seperate smoking device like a bong to use it. I like the vape to be usable all on it's own with the option of using a bong

I've also seen the volcano around since it's so popular. I don't mind the whip, and I see the bag ad a bit of a novelty. The are a bit pricy though. If I were to get one I want to be 100% sure it's what I want.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've never heard of a log vape before.

There are a few good log threads on the site, like this one:

My personal favorites are pretty different from each other. I love the CouchLog. Powerful, tasty and versatile. It's just an all around great vape for me. My other favorite is the Heat Island. The HI has the perfect class log experience. Relaxing sipper that can just soothe you away.

There are many others at every price too. Have fun!

Cjk0812

It's not super widely talked about anymore but you may want to take a look at the ditanium. It's a nice small wooden block that uses a whip but the mouthpiece on the whip also doubles as a 14mm connector so any glass you have that's 14mm will work with it though its not necessary. It also has a small dab dish on top where the heating element is so if you feel like using concentrate with it it's already pretty much setup for it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Every vaper should own a log, I have a couple of WoodScents from @Ed's TnT and they are both great to use and look at. He supplies them with a nice wooden stem and water pipe adapter (plus lots of other niceties) and I found mine worked great with rosin. He has updated the heater since I purchased it, and these make the unit even better from reports...lifetime warranty is also nice from a top bloke that makes them in USA.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

There are a few good log threads on the site, like this one:

My personal favorites are pretty different from each other. I love the CouchLog. Powerful, tasty and versatile. It's just an all around great vape for me. My other favorite is the Heat Island. The HI has the perfect class log experience. Relaxing sipper that can just soothe you away.

There are many others at every price too. Have fun!
The Couch Log looks good but it cost a bit too much for me right now. All the options for the Heat Island are overwhelming 😯 The WoodScents is more in my price range. It's cool the logs are hand made.
It's not super widely talked about anymore but you may want to take a look at the ditanium. It's a nice small wooden block that uses a whip but the mouthpiece on the whip also doubles as a 14mm connector so any glass you have that's 14mm will work with it though its not necessary. It also has a small dab dish on top where the heating element is so if you feel like using concentrate with it it's already pretty much setup for it.
I like the setup on this one. This is sort of what I had in mind. Is this the best of this type of vaporizer? It does check all my boxes and looks super convenient and easy to use.
lifetime warranty is also nice from a top bloke that makes them in USA.
USA made and a lifetime warranty are 2 very good things that make me want a WS. The only thing that I have against it is it seems awkward to pick up and use since it stays plugged in.

Both the WoodScents and the Ditanium look like good options for me. Is there anybody that has experience with both of them (or both types of vapes)? Which ever one I buy I'm planning on using for a long time. I'm sort of leaning towards the Ditanium but I keep seeing good things about the WC. I prefer small bowls and the WC seems perfect for that.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Interesting topic, anybody knows if there are any similar budget devices available in Europe?
You could ask in the WoodScents thread,
Vapenorth ships worldwide with fair-priced shipping,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
The Couch Log looks good but it cost a bit too much for me right now. All the options for the Heat Island are overwhelming 😯 The WoodScents is more in my price range. It's cool the logs are hand made.

I like the setup on this one. This is sort of what I had in mind. Is this the best of this type of vaporizer? It does check all my boxes and looks super convenient and easy to use.

USA made and a lifetime warranty are 2 very good things that make me want a WS. The only thing that I have against it is it seems awkward to pick up and use since it stays plugged in.

Both the WoodScents and the Ditanium look like good options for me. Is there anybody that has experience with both of them (or both types of vapes)? Which ever one I buy I'm planning on using for a long time. I'm sort of leaning towards the Ditanium but I keep seeing good things about the WC. I prefer small bowls and the WC seems perfect for that.
I've got a Woodscents and a Ditanium, and use and love them both. You can't go wrong with either.
Not to complicated things, but you might look into the Arizer EQ, or the newer Arizer XQ2. They work well, and with a sale you can find the EQ close to $100 and the XQ2 close to $150 (not at Arizer site) I've got them both, and they are both well built and versatile desktops at a great entry level price. With ball vapes, the whip vapes aren't as popular as they were a few years ago, but you can get a nice desktop at a nice price, and this can help you identify what your preferences are.
If you want the ability to do dabs, grab the Ditanium. If you think you might want to do dabs, grab the Ditanium. You also can just load less in the bowl if you want less, as the Ditanium isn't a weed hog. The Woodscents is beautiful, and I'm thinking of getting another, but if you regularly want to use a waterpiece, I think the Ditanium might be your answer.
Enjoy your journey, and welcome to desktops @Razzle_N_Dazzle .

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yep. I like my woodscents although it is sort of unique due to its restricted draw. Great device, and the new heater seems even better.

Alan has bamboo Heat Islands that are much less expensive than any other option, but you'd have to wait if he doesn't have any on hand. Might be worth reaching out to find out. Of course Alan also makes the GTR which is a large mass heater, which is more like the new generation of logs.

Also I think the Underdog logs are definitely worth checking out. I have a couple and I like my little Alpha Dog quite a lot.

Anyway, I suspect you will be happy no matter what you choose. You might end up coming back for a second desktop someday.

coolbreeze

Similar to the Ditanium, the Da Buddha is built like a tank and hits like a bus. The new baller cover makes it about as powerful as anything available, but also perfect for turning down and hitting it direct. Excellent for hash, too:

IMG-6648.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is this the best of this type of vaporizer?

There is no best, if you like the ditanium style, then give it a try, but be advised all of these we are talking about take time to heat up... You can't just put it on your table and get to use, you have to take it out and plug it in, let it warm up to equilibrium, then you can start using it... This can take 5 to 20 minutes depending on the vape and how you are using it (there are other options for instant use but they are not desktop plugin typically like tafee has a new version coming out that could be appealing to you, coming from pax, looking for a home unit to vape and dab quickly)

All the options for the Heat Island are overwhelming 😯 The WoodScents is more in my price range. It's cool the logs are hand made.

The website is just loaded with info, the way to order heat Island or any of the products is to email Alan, you can join custom waitlist, and ask what he has currently in stock... Yeah bamboo or other basic wood, plus the VVPS to control the power to plug in, or a dimmer or just direct plug without ability to control power, and a large option of simple stems of many materials any material, easy setups for dab use etc and super microdosing small loads versatility with simplicity... It is absolutely the cheapest possible log vape you can get and in my opinion the most pure and well thought out (he will give you a lot of information in email about how you can use it how he likes to use it other options etc but it is a rabbit hole for some haha I have recommended other with minimal experience to go this route though and they were are extremely satisfied)

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Not to complicated things, but you might look into the Arizer EQ, or the newer Arizer XQ2. They work well, and with a sale you can find the EQ close to $100 and the XQ2 close to $150 (not at Arizer site) I've got them both, and they are both well built and versatile desktops at a great entry level price.
If it weren't for the dabs, would you recommend the XQ2 over the Ditanium? I haven't mentioned this yet but I'm also looking for something with a smooth draw. A little resistance is fine but smooth and tasty is the goal.

but be advised all of these we are talking about take time to heat up... You can't just put it on your table and get to use, you have to take it out and plug it in, let it warm up to equilibrium, then you can start using it... This can take 5 to 20 minutes depending on the vape and how you are using it
Thanks for the info. I'm aware of the heat up time. If I wanted a quick puff I'd just use my Pax.

I'll have to take another look at the Heat Island options and take some time with it.

Similar to the Ditanium, the Da Buddha is built like a tank and hits like a bus. The new baller cover makes it about as powerful as anything available, but also perfect for turning down and hitting it direct. Excellent for hash, too:
I'll at this to the list haha I have a lot of options at this point. I'm hoping I can narrow it down a bit.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the info. I'm aware of the heat up time. If I wanted a quick puff I'd just use my Pax.

Okay cool just wanted to be sure because of the way you described it initially, yeah so I think an instant on-demand portable could be really enjoyable and not really sacrifice much though it depends on other variables, would be quicker than Pax then too! Just like a warmed up log

Shit Snacks,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Okay cool just wanted to be sure because of the way you described it initially, yeah so I think an instant on-demand portable could be really enjoyable and not really sacrifice much though it depends on other variables, would be quicker than Pax then too! Just like a warmed up log
Are you talking about something like a Mighty?+ If so I've looked into those but decided against it as I wanted the full desktop experience, and it was out of my price range

Razzle_N_Dazzle,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I just realized I never mentioned my price range. The max I wanted to spend was around $300, but that's pushing it on my budget. Cheaper options would be preferred.

I emailed Alan about the Heat Island waitlist and to see if he had any units on hand ready to go. I don't see why I shouldn't jump on one if he's got one available. Nothing can beat the cheap cost. If I end up loving it then maybe I can see myself spending more on a WoodScents.

I looked into the Da Buddha and I saw it has a baller attachment and that looks pretty nice and it's cheaper than the Ditanium. With that being said, the XQ2 is cheaper than both and it has a lot more going on including a digital screen where I can more easily dial in the temperature.

But of course I'm not sure how these are performance wise as I haven't used any. If the Da Buddha or the WoodScents performs and tastes better, then it would be worth paying the extra cost over the XQ2.

It's so hard to decide 😫

Durbandream

Have you considered a butane vape? I would recommend the Quartz Cap Mega from The Rogue Wax Works. It's a very simple and inexpensive glass vape that you heat with a butane torch. It hits as hard as a ball vape, fits on any 14mm piece and is very small and discreet. I have a bunch of his other vapes but the Mega is the best in my opinion, and even though it's glass it's pretty thick, mine has survived a drop on the floor.

And if you stretch your budget by $50 you can get a Tinymight 2 which also hits extremely hard while being far more versatile and portable.

Durbandream,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Have you considered a butane vape? I would recommend the Quartz Cap Mega from The Rogue Wax Works. It's a very simple and inexpensive glass vape that you heat with a butane torch. It hits as hard as a ball vape, fits on any 14mm piece and is very small and discreet. I have a bunch of his other vapes but the Mega is the best in my opinion, and even though it's glass it's pretty thick, mine has survived a drop on the floor.

And if you stretch your budget by $50 you can get a Tinymight 2 which also hits extremely hard while being far more versatile and portable.
Thanks for the recommendation but I'm not interested in anything I have to heat with a torch. The TM2 is $375 after tax and I mentioned that $300 was already pushing my budget.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just realized I never mentioned my price range. The max I wanted to spend was around $300, but that's pushing it on my budget. Cheaper options would be preferred.
At the outer limit of your range, and sales tax would put it just over, but these are terrific, folks use it like a desktop, the batteries go on for hours, flavor is super. This on sale at $330, but there is a 10% coupon until Jan. 8th. They are very solid, last many years.
These guys also have the Teflon core for 5 bucks less, more convection leaning.

2pumpchump

but decided against it as I wanted the full desktop experience, and it was out of my price range
I'm not sure what you mean by the full desktop experience .

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm not interested in anything I have to heat with a torch. The TM2 is $375 after tax and I mentioned that $300 was already pushing my budget.
Not trying to add to the list . But if you don't mind metel vape caps the are some good ones that will work with IH heating. Also I am seeing the tinymigh on sale places for 350 before tax if you have a discount code that would put in your budget or over over by 15 buck at the most . With a max of 315 personality don't own 1 but it's on my list as a portable in the upcoming future. And I was really trying not to recommend a ball vape high five has a complete setup that includes a glass WP as low as 200 on sale right now. And others have good deals as well .. my concern stands about they might blow tough you bud to fast for your introduction post description

Last edited:

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I'm not sure what you mean by the full desktop experience .
Something that's not battery powered/portable. I've already got something that fulfills that need and don't need another one. I also wanted something that functions on it's own, so no torches, ball vapes, or IH.

I guess I should change my budget to $250 to keep the recommendations under $300 🙃 I do appreciate the help though.

I'll look into the miniVap. With the current sale + free shipping puts it in my price range. I don't know why they call it portable. It's definitely a big unit :lol:

Last edited:
Razzle_N_Dazzle,
Top Bottom