• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reclaim in Alcohol >> Powerful Chocolate

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I just had to report this bit of successful experimenting...

For the past 3 months I have been using the same container of alcohol (91%) to clean my desktop vape (Rise). I was originally doing this to save having to buy new alcohol each week, but then after reading many threads here on FC, I figured it was time to see if I could do something with it.

The Rise is a convection vape and the oils that collect inside the top pieces look like amber and honey, but it eventually gums up the works so I soak then for 30 mins every week, and it comes out looking like new. After 3 months, the alcohol looked like strong tea.

I poured the alcohol (about 3/4 cup) into a shallow glass pie place and set it on an electric candle warmer. A few hours later and all that was left was a brownish sticky coating.

I then added in 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and put the plate into the microwave, stirring and checking it every 15 seconds. After about 1 of heating, all the residue dissolved leaving a pale golden oil.

I then poured the oil into glass dish and added 3 oz of dark african chocolate with mint and microwaved and stirred it some more until completely blended. Then into the fridge.

The next morning I divided it into 4 pieces and ate one of them around 11am. I wanted to see if they were effective completely on their own. Sometime around 12:30 it hit me that I was feeling very very medicated - red eyes and all. This continued for the next 3.5 hours.

Best. Eatible. Ever. (and it used stuff I normally flush down the toilet)

killick

But I like it!
Awesome! I use a lot of tincture when cooking. You could have left it a bit runny with alcohol and put it straight into your mix, as well. If you put it into the mix when it's hot the alcohol will react and fizzle, which is kinda fun to watch. I added some to a batch of hot cocobudder, and it looked like a mini Vesuvias eruption :)

thesoloman

Awesome! I use a lot of tincture when cooking. You could have left it a bit runny with alcohol and put it straight into your mix, as well. If you put it into the mix when it's hot the alcohol will react and fizzle, which is kinda fun to watch. I added some to a batch of hot cocobudder, and it looked like a mini Vesuvias eruption :)
I feel like he was using iso, not recommended to eat!

killick

But I like it!
Gotcha. Now that I know that alcohol burbles out when it hits warm oil I wonder if ISO would also boil out?

Anyways, a friend calls these 'highdeas', that probably won't make as much sense in the morning... ;)

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Yep, it was ISO. The alcohol evaporated, but there was some small watery remains that I quicklhy evaporated with an air blower.

I was really afraid that the remaining residue would have some awful taste leftover from the ISO, but there was actually zero resin or weed taste in the final product.

Solomon,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I wouldn't be terribly worried about ISO that has evapped off, AND that you added to hot liquid (microwaved is same)... the volatile part is gone, which really does contain the bad parts... but I wouldn't eat masses of it... :)

Don't ingest ISO reclaim without some form of heat, however... I dab mine, after it's totally dried..

Nok21

Good thread, i will try this out for sure as i get into the coconut oil scene. Is it possible to water cure ISO extracts?

EDIT: How much did it stink up the kitchen?

Nok21,

killick

But I like it!
Decarbing is the stinky part, but if you are dabbing you don't need to worry about that.

killick,

fft

I like the technique of using the same ISO over and over to clean with. I find that when soaking Solo stems, etc, that there isnt enough there to make it worth reclaiming, but I can see how after 6 months or so you get quite a bit.

Are you using a dedicated vessel that you can keep sealed or are you just pouring back the ISO back into its bottle?

fft,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
I have a small glass jam jar that is big enough to put smaller parts in. I have a pair of tweezers for fishing things out. It stays on the vape table and the lid stays on to prevent evaporation. It gets dark quicker than you might expect ;)

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
Did I mention that the jar is full of Everclear? Not ISO. My wife wanted to get rid of the last inch in a bottle of Bacardi 151 Navy rum, so I actually have a few parts soaking in that now, as well. I suspect it will flavor the next batch of rice crispy squares...

Last edited:
Top Bottom