• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reason I feel vaping can effect lungs just as much as smoking

Jurkone

I keep temperatures low- 3 on the Solo and vape 1 or less times a day. Not sure about hydration. Maybe water would help? I've read some people "sip". Not sure what that is or whether that would make a difference.

In my oppinion using water and a bong helps to reduce the irritation of the hot vapor flow in the throat and lungs, you can try and see if it's better for you :)

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I have just smoked so much herb and unfiltered tobacco in my life that when I vape the expectorant effect I am getting I had confused for damaging my lungs, but really it is cleaning them? I'm not sure but my experience is similar to Maggie's that when I tend to vape exclusively I get almost Asthma like symptoms after a month or so, reading all these positive testaments though I am going to blame it on my lung health rather than vaping.

I think it can be what you say, Maybe you are feeling now the effects of many years of smoking. You can try to do some lung hygiene and clearance exercices, like those
http://www.chss.org.uk/chest-inform...hest-condition/chest-clearance-physiotherapy/

:):)

DrRishi

I smoked from an early age and in combination with asthma I always had a heavy cough.

I finally switched to vaping about a year ago. Now I only cough just after I have taken a hit. Then I still cough a little but afterwards no cough at all. My lungs generally feels better than they ever have really.

DrRishi,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I smoked from an early age and in combination with asthma I always had a heavy cough.

I finally switched to vaping about a year ago. Now I only cough just after I have taken a hit. Then I still cough a little but afterwards no cough at all. My lungs generally feels better than they ever have really.
Awesome to hear. Congratulations. I'm glad your body is thanking you!

Jeppy,

max

Out to lunch
After a while of smoking now I have realized big visible vape hits seem to "impair" my lungs just as much as big bong loads. Wether it is paralyzing the cylia or coating the lungs in condensed vapor, this method of ingestion has proven over the last 3 years of testing that vaporizing at least in its current form most certainly damages my lungs in the same way smoking does, if not worse. That is my personal experience if I had to explain it honestly to a nuetral party.
My personal experience is that even though I quit smoking cigs almost 20 years ago, almost ten years later I was ready to quit smoking mj as well, because it affected my lungs too much, and I was only taking a few small hits from a pipe each evening. Although I do acknowledge that overdoing it with vapor can still affect my lungs, I can tolerate huge amounts of vapor compared to the small amount of smoke that was making me seriously think about giving up on mj completely.

little maggie

My personal experience is that even though I quit smoking cigs almost 20 years ago, almost ten years later I was ready to quit smoking mj as well, because it affected my lungs too much, and I was only taking a few small hits from a pipe each evening. Although I do acknowledge that overdoing it with vapor can still affect my lungs, I can tolerate huge amounts of vapor compared to the small amount of smoke that was making me seriously think about giving up on mj completely.

I quit smoking everything about 20 years ago and started vaping almost a year ago- a few nights a week to help with sleep. I'm not a heavy user. It turns out that the wheeze I mentioned in an earlier post is asthma.
From what I've read it seems like smokers who switch to vaping have a positive experience with improved breathing. Maybe it varies for nonsmokers since I can't see any other reason for developing asthma.

Last edited:
little maggie,

DrRishi

I quit smoking everything about 20 years ago and started vaping almost a year ago- a few nights a week to help with sleep. I'm not a heavy user. It turns out that the wheeze I mentioned in an earlier post is asthma.
From what I've read it seems like smokers who switch to vaping have a positive experience with improved breathing. Maybe it varies for nonsmokers since I can't see any other reason for developing asthma.
Asthma is very strange. As a child I had it really bad, I couldn't go anywhere without an inhaler. As an adult it was much better but my smoking meant I could always feel it. Now I am vaping I don't seem to have any of the symptoms anymore. My mother developed asthma when she was 75 and that wasn't related to any sort of smoking.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Seems like you are vaping too much dude,i was there too. :) .. The beauty of vaporizing is keeping your tolerance low.. The less vapor =the less harm = the best effects :). Also highest quality flowers have essential oils like a lot.. and you can read on any essential oil that taking too much will irritate your lungs and u may delelop allergy :). Sometimes a mild outdoor is better to my lungs than super lemon stinky strain with 20%+ THC :),feels like inhaling herbal tea.. not like eating a fruit salad :D

Nosferatu

I see where you guys are coming from, thanks for the great input. Funny enough my evo just stopped turning on a few weeks ago. And my lsv needs repair, I have had no vape so just had to take bong loads. It was pleasant at first and i had huge lung capacity but two weeks later and I'm wanting a vape back because it's finally starting to hurt my throat and not get me medicated enough smoking through this mobius. Looks like the universe forced me to answer my own question. Time to send those vapes in!

Nosferatu,
Reactions: 421

fogvalley

Dark vaper
IMO we are basically huffing weed instead of smoking it, so I agree with op. however I think the damage being done is different. Whatever is being absorbed by the lungs when vaping is influx to normal and by products caused by science stuff left after this happens. Our bodies can deffinttly handle it better but there is still stuff happening.

fogvalley,

Chill Dude

IMO we are basically huffing weed instead of smoking it, so I agree with op. however I think the damage being done is different. Whatever is being absorbed by the lungs when vaping is influx to normal and by products caused by science stuff left after this happens. Our bodies can deffinttly handle it better but there is still stuff happening.

What? I don't understand what you mean by science stuff happening. What "suff" is happening and what is your source for this information. Let's stick to scientific facts rather than blind uniformed theories.

Chill Dude,
Reactions: Jared

fogvalley

Dark vaper
I am not the brightest person and don't know the science. But through the process of absorption into the lungs something happens, it might be biology.

fogvalley,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
With my tolerance, I require several (sometimes 5+) elbs in my EVO to get a decent buzz. That's why I like dabbing, I take two or three dabs (vs like 20 inhales with the EVO) and I'm set. And overall I find dabbing to be less irritating than vaping because it's less exposure to the throat/lungs. I really do believe concentrates is the weed of the future.

I also agree that the ideal way to vape would be to keep your tolerance low so you don't need to take an excessive number of hits. I've been taking a T break the past couple days and its pretty refreshing.

Deadhead101,

Anony Moose

I'm on a forced tolerance break right now after about 3 months of vaping about a gram of flowers per day gave me laryngitis and bronchitis. I'm almost sure it's the vaping because I don't have any other symptoms of a cold or flu, just laryngitis and bronchitis. The last bag I've gone through was kind of dry, that may have had something to do with it. I've been vaping through a GB-186 for the past few weeks. It's a high-diffusion piece. This leads me to believe that my symptoms are simply the result of severe irritation from constant THC exposure, not particulates.

A friend of mine says he experienced the same thing when he vaped too much.

My throat sure feels a lot better on day two of the break. I'm going to wait until it feels 100% then give it a few more days, then I'm going to get some higher quality flowers which I won't have to vape as often.

Anony Moose,

Nosferatu

So I rigged up an herb iron to the lsv heater cover and essentially created a lsv for 100 bucks. After just a day of vaping and not smoking my cold like symptoms and cough are leaving, vaping really can work wonders. Smoking doesn't always make me sick but if I take bong loads every single day after a while it definately gives me smokers lung, the vape, eh not as much as least or in the same way.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
One technique that I find incredibly useful, is to (after taking several slow deep breaths and emptying the lungs) inhale a smallish amount of fresh air before taking your hit whether it be vape, dab, or smoke. The reason being that if you dont do this vapor/smoke will almost definitely get trapped in the bottom of your lungs which leads to more coughing. This has been my experience at least.

Deadhead101,
Reactions: Jurkone

Jurkone

One technique that I find incredibly useful, is to (after taking several slow deep breaths and emptying the lungs) inhale a smallish amount of fresh air before taking your hit whether it be vape, dab, or smoke. The reason being that if you dont do this vapor/smoke will almost definitely get trapped in the bottom of your lungs which leads to more coughing. This has been my experience at least.

I'll try that for sure. :)

Jurkone,

djonkoman

I find it both can be harsh, just in a different way.
with smoke it burns, and I feel it in my throat at the end of the night/next morning when I've smoked a lot(and usually when I smoke, it is not a little).

with vapor it doesn't burn, but it has a kind of different tingly feeling. I usually like my hits not too big and dense, but sometimes if I take a hit that's too big and also dense, especially if it's not cooled/waterfiltrated much, I get an uncontrollable urge to cough/exhale/expell the vapor from my lungs, and if I take a hit immediatly after that I can't keep it in even if it's not as dense. but it doesn't hurt or burn, there is just no way I can keep it in my lungs. while whenever I take a smokehit that's too big(hasn't happened for a long time), it hurts/burns when I have to cough, and it will be a coughing fit, not just 1-2 coughs like vapor.

also after a night of vaping my throat feels fine/normal, only when I've been vaping without water filtration all night my throat will feel a little sore/dry at the end of the night, but that's it.

when I already have a sore throat(when I have a cold/flu) vaping does hurt my throat, but usually the headache-reduction and appetite-stimulation is worth the sore throat.

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
I never really felt smoking negatively impacted my lungs in any noticeable way, but just from looking at a heavily used vaporizer vs a used pipe it's clear to me vaping is significantly better for you.

FtLbpfc.jpg

VS.

Y1Fn3Tx.jpg

Last edited:

elvenflow

Of course, if you're dealing with an inflammatory lung condition that would benefit from the direct application of anti inflammatory Cannabinoids to the lung membrane....but I am sure someone will patient that.

Skyscraper

Some people I know didn't think they'd make it past 25, but that'd due to a reckless lifestyle. In my experience, when I have returned to smoking I experience lung irritation/sharp pain in the chest during inhale. Not a good feeling, hope it's not something else like my heart because I notice it when I have inhaled a substantial amount (like what it takes me to get a good buzz off smokin)

Skyscraper,

capcoho

I never really felt smoking negatively impacted my lungs in any noticeable way, but just from looking at a heavily used vaporizer vs a used pipe it's clear to me vaping is significantly better for you.

That's my train of thought as well. I can lick off and eat the residue from my vape but if I did that with a bong or pipe I would gag, feel gross and maybe puke.

Anony Moose

OK, yeah, this higher quality flower is definitely easier on my throat. My last bag was super dry and apparently harsh. Maybe it wasn't cured properly.

Lesson learned: top-shelf is worth the money from a health perspective.

Edit: I'm going to copy and paste a response to someone else from another forum which I think may explain why I just got laryngitis/bronchitis from vaping:

"You could have bronchitis, which means you just gotta stop smoking for a couple weeks. Your weed might also be bad. This means for me, that the grower is a dumbass and doesn't flush his nutes. When there are still nutrients in the plant, the bud is bad to smoke because those nutes don't agree much with our fleshy insides. Weed with nutes can be harsh, tasteless, and can encite bad chest pain and throat irritation."

Is what this person said correct, FC? My last bag was dry, harsh, and almost tasteless and odorless.

Last edited:
Anony Moose,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
When I first started vaping it was with the MFLB and after a few months I developed a sensitivity to the vapor and coughed more than when I smoked. When I began using the Arizer Solo the sensitivity disappeared. The MFLB is a conduction vape and the Solo is a convection vape so maybe there's a harshness difference there. I will occasionally use the MFLB and after a few sessions it's enough to cause the tingling in my throat to start up and the tingling is the first step back to coughing. The MFLB doesn't cause my wife to cough so its specific to me I guess.

The original premise for this thread was 'vaping can effect lungs just as much as smoking' and I won't disagree with that since the term being used is 'effect' not 'harm' and the way the MFLB effected me is a good example. If the statement was 'vaping can harm the lungs as much as smoking' I'd have to disagree. After smoking for close to 4 decades and then switching to vaporizing I can feel the difference and its a good difference. Even when I was coughing from the MFLB my lungs still felt better afterwards than when I smoked.

Jurkone

When I first started vaping it was with the MFLB and after a few months I developed a sensitivity to the vapor and coughed more than when I smoked. When I began using the Arizer Solo the sensitivity disappeared. The MFLB is a conduction vape and the Solo is a convection vape so maybe there's a harshness difference there. I will occasionally use the MFLB and after a few sessions it's enough to cause the tingling in my throat to start up and the tingling is the first step back to coughing. The MFLB doesn't cause my wife to cough so its specific to me I guess.

The original premise for this thread was 'vaping can effect lungs just as much as smoking' and I won't disagree with that since the term being used is 'effect' not 'harm' and the way the MFLB effected me is a good example. If the statement was 'vaping can harm the lungs as much as smoking' I'd have to disagree. After smoking for close to 4 decades and then switching to vaporizing I can feel the difference and its a good difference. Even when I was coughing from the MFLB my lungs still felt better afterwards than when I smoked.

With the MFLB it's easy to get temperatures a bit higher than desired, that generate smoky and more irritating vapor that the solo at low temps (3-4) for exapmle. If you feel a toasty taste maybe you are vaping at 2201C, with no time to get cold, because of the short inhalating tube of the vaporizer.

¿Maybe is what hapened to you? ¿Do you use any water filtration? :)

Thankyou!

Jurkone,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
With the MFLB it's easy to get temperatures a bit higher than desired, that generate smoky and more irritating vapor that the solo at low temps (3-4) for exapmle. If you feel a toasty taste maybe you are vaping at 2201C, with no time to get cold, because of the short inhalating tube of the vaporizer.

¿Maybe is what hapened to you? ¿Do you use any water filtration? :)

Thankyou!

Jurkone - I quickly became acquainted with combusting with the MFLB and how to stop it from happening and I rarely saw more than a wisp of vapor when using it. I only combusted three times over the span of several months. My sensitivity was not a combustion based issue. I don't use any filtration. There is just something dryer and hotter about the MFLB vapor for me even though I get way bigger clouds from the Solo without the irritation. The sensation from the MFLB is not as 'smooth' as the Solo either for me. BUT - I still love the MFLB for around town. The MFLB is my wife's day vape in the house since she likes quick one/two-hit style sessions and she has no sensitivity issues with the MFLB.

His_Highness,
Top Bottom