Reality Check :(

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
These poor families . . .
Ouch, prohibition hurts . . .
This is the world we live in.
This is the world we live in as well, another reality check . . . :cry:
This looks like someone who needs a hand up, not a hand out, I would invest in him. I wept when I saw this the first few times . . .
Ronald Davis said:
. . . wait a minute, I'm not a bum, I'm a human being . . . no matter what people think about me, I know I'm a human first, and just 'cause I'm down on my luck, don't give nobody no excuse to call me no bum . . . because I'm not.
a-men brother and peace and white light to you wherever you are . . . :peace:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
the war on drugs is hitler's holocaust but in disguise.

The war on drugs is largely a war on cannabis, and the prisons filled with drug users, dealers and related crimes..

What is the penalties for crack cockaine are way worse than the penalty for cocaine, which is to say poor people who are drug addicts are much more prone to ruin their lifes than rich people.

If you fill a prison with criminals but also drug-related crime like drug users who are basicly sick, you're doing the same as hitlers concentration camps.

People leave the prison worse than they entered, with less perspective of a good future, and most of them because of a mostly benign substance.

The worse drugs and the ones who kill the most are legal (alcohol and tobacco), the ones who alter your conscience the most and have the most medicinal properties are schedule I drugs, meaning they are considered of no medical value and highly addictive. In this category they included crack-cocaine.

The real dangerous drugs like heroin, morphin and cocaine, are schedule II which means they are addictive and have some medicinal value.

Dronabinol, which is syntethic THC, is responsible for some deaths and is schedule III.

Monsanto, which is a agro chemical company who is essentialy trying to patent nature, going to 3rd world countries, mapping the genome from their native plants, and patenting them.. is now trying to patent cannabis as well.
Worse, Obama signed something on the day of the Boston bombings (funny that in the same day an us drone killed almost 200children in the middle east.), that basically removes the US government any power to control Monsanto

It's revolting to see how greed will eventually destroy our world and our lifes if we don't change things.

IMO, the US government is now being manipulated by people who haven't got love, peace and compassion for the us citizens or anyone else for that matter and whose driving force is greed and glutony.

z9

The most fucked up thing about that, is the biological father didn't get his children either. The situation would be more understandable if they took the children from the mother and put them in the father's custody, NOT justifiable but more understandable.

Think about children that are being abused by their parents, its can take months or years to rescue them from their home while they suffer senseless abuse whether it be verbal or physical. But these children were immediately put into foster care because of MMJ activism. It fucking hurts to think about the situations of other children that NEED help from the police and then these children that were taken from their parents for no reason and are now suffering because they're in foster care. You would think that Child Protective Services would have better things to do, obviously children being in the viscenity of weed is more important than helping those that are being senselessly beaten. Such a fucked up world.

Needless to say, I'm very upset. Hopefully this will be resolved in court. CPS and the police didn't follow the proper legal channels to take these children, I feel like she will get her children back, especially with a good lawyer.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Bottom line, DEA is willing to ruin lives just to prove they're right. Disgusting.

vorrange,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Bottom line, DEA is willing to ruin lives just to prove they're right. Disgusting.
And to keep the $$$ flowing from the taxpayers, forfeitures, and lets not forget someone has to feed the "Prison Industrial Complex" so they can make their $$$ . . .

I wonder if O'bama's career path would have been altered had he a drug arrest . . .

Gunky

How the hell somebody can search the house without a warrant and on that basis grab the kids is beyond me. What a crazy, crazy thing!

Gunky,
Reactions: vorrange

OO

Technical Skeptical
How the hell somebody can search the house without a warrant and on that basis grab the kids is beyond me. What a crazy, crazy thing!
They didn't need a warrant, someone let them in.

That's the law, you don't need a warrant for an unsecured premises.

The problem begins when they continued searching past the point of verifying the well-being of the children.

OO,

rayski

When prisons are a business, crime is just marketing.

It's a huge hipocrisy, i really thought Obama would bring forth a change in the US government, agencies and policies, but it seems he's a puppet as much as the others who came before him.
Why do you blame the Federal Government and Obama. The DEA has nothing to do with this; Obama doesn't really get to run the child protection unit of the Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare or the Boise police; He doesn't run the state prisons either. It wasn't Obama that sneaked the Monsanto protection section into a bill that provided funds to Defense and Veterans. That would be Sen. Roy Blunt, Republican of Missouri, one of the congressional puppets.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The problem is the Federal Government.

And Obama is not their only puppet of course, and last time i checked this is the Obama Administration with the people he decided to work with but i'm really not that knowledgeable to have a conversation with you about US politics and all the corruption that goes in politics nowadays.

What is becoming more and more apparent is that the DEA is not at the service of the public because if it was it wouldn't have the most cannabis aprehentions and raids in a legal marijuana state like California. And the DEA is a federal agency.

Same goes for the FDA and their ruinous practices for world agriculture, and also world health.

So, yeah, maybe it's simplistic but i think that it's just that simple: the federal government doesn't care shit about you.

Did you know that US military have been given speed? And in the civil war most military became morphine addicts?
They created a nation of men who have become dependent on drugs to function because they use the men as ammunition and as lab rats, to win wars and serve their politics.

When the troops returned home, most did not get support from the government.. i mean, these guys should be supported until they die! This is what your federal government does for you. Your president should be responsible as well, whether it's a Bush, Reagan, or Obama or Nixon.

They didn't need a warrant, someone let them in.

That's the law, you don't need a warrant for an unsecured premises.

The problem begins when they continued searching past the point of verifying the well-being of the children.
Who decides whether its insecure or not? When you start bypassing control policies to ensure the law, you make it easier for the abuse of force.
Which is what happens everyday.. in the sake of safety of course. ;)
I just think it's all BS and people are being brainwashed with words like terror and terrorists, i posted a link in the Cannabis News section that addresses the history of drug use in the US, and it is plain to see, as you go through the history of the 20th century that the need to manipulate with the help of television and media goes way before CNN and Fox news.
The use of the word "marijuana" being so prevalent in the US is precisely because of this propaganda. And the policies against marijuana consumption in the turn of the century were based in anti-immigration policies and disguised as a public health problem.
That is how the US government does his bidding, using culture, controling television and media content to manipulate people into being afraid of this and that, and spreading misinformation all around.
Can't you see this? It's obvious, not only with drugs but with health care and the pharma industry.
They control the flow and content of the mainstream information.
OO, in a recent conversation with you, you said "knowledge is power", if they control knowledge by controling the media, they can change an entire nation's way of thinking.
Here at FC, also because of MJ, we realized that there are a lot of weird things about law and truth when it comes to our governments.. but many people still think weed is worse than tobacco and alcohol. This is because the mainstream information is WRONG.
And the misinformation is not only with cannabis potential for health, food, fuel, paper and food.. many others things keep being manipulated into looking something other than they are.
The US has drones killing inocents in the middle east everyday, does that goes into the news? No..
The US has manipulated reports to the UN about their affairs in Iraq, does that goes into the news? No..
The WTC 7 fell without any plane crashing and with minor fires in the building, does that goes into the news? No..
They're all conspiracy theories from nutjobs who spend their time making weird websites online and doing cannabis and lsd.
The message from the 60's generation was one of love and peace for humanity, what is the message that came across? Bunch of raggedy druggy hippies with no perspectives for the future.
And to all of you who might think i'm anti-american, i'm not. I'm anti-US government and anti US government policies. I don't think they serve the americans who live in the US, i don't think they intend to solve the drug problem, or the prison problem, or the bad tv with all the misinformation and reality shows, or bring peace to the world.
I've said it before, don't know if it was here but, legalizing and regulating cannabis for medical and recreational reasons as well as industrial, is not just about cannabis.. it's about doing the good for the people of the world, it's good vs evil, it's money vs health, it's life and happiness vs destruction and misunderstanding.

satyrday

The state is the state. What does that word mean? It is the fixed reality, and it wants to remain fixed - stasis, static. Marijuana threatens the static - it may very well be its primary poison. Cigarettes and alcohol do not. The state will protect the state - the state is 'we the people' not me the individual. So don't expect your individual desires to really matter to the hardcore status quo apparatus, especially when those desires, by their cannabic nature, erode your perceptions of the integrity of the state. The more radicalized the movement becomes, the harder the state will fight to protect its statehood. Be wise like the serpent.

If you're going to fight the state, try not to do so blatantly in the name of marijuana, especially if you're understandably foaming at the mouth a bit. Be more clever about it, or the movement will be crushed and the new dark age will make today look like a summer picnic. Work hard on freeing your own mind before trying to save the world (if you're really doing that you will have no time for picketing - call me solipsistic).

If enough people do that, the new state will arise more gently. That is the only solution I can see. All the new shiny laws, no matter how liberating they feel for a moment, will eventually get twisted to serve the state. 'We the people' is the problem, and you the individual the solution. Laws, meh.

"The more people smoke herb, the more babylon fall." -Marley
"Never make a politician grant you a favor. They will always want to control you forever." -Marley

Don't expect babylon to gladly assist in its own destruction.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
If you're going to fight the state, try not to do so blatantly in the name of marijuana, especially if you're understandably foaming at the mouth a bit. Be more clever about it, or the movement will be crushed and the new dark age will make today look like a summer picnic. Work hard on freeing your own mind before trying to save the world (if you're really doing that you will have no time for picketing - call me solipsistic).

If enough people do that, the new state will arise more gently. That is the only solution I can see. All the new shiny laws, no matter how liberating they feel for a moment, will eventually get twisted to serve the state. 'We the people' is the problem, and you the individual the solution. Laws, meh.

Well said. Each of us have the responsibility to carry a clean and respectable image of cannabis.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The problem of going against cannabis is that you're not really going against cannabis.

I don't care if recreational use remains illegal, what is unfair is that people have to suffer and die because of greed.

In the end, you can be a responsible citizen, and use your herb responsibly, nothing will change anyway, unless you raise your voice and yell the truth, and spread the truth.

Whatever that truth is.. if you're an economist you should teach others the important stuff about it, if you're a doctor you do the same, if you're a fisherman you teach others how to choose fish properly and learn to choose wisely, and so on.

And if people knew about cannabis like we do, not the recreational use, there would be a revolution. And i'm sure many other things fall in this same logic, things that are good to us and remain hidden for the profit of some.
Or, things that get approved and never should have been.

And, to be clear, i'm not against legalizing cannabis for recreational use, just don't think it's a priority like the use for medicinal purposes.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Yes it is a drop if you look at the river of injustice, but a big one

We should have the right to access to what is best for us. That's why I don't like this differentiation between medical and recreational. Who is going to define the frontiers and approve you as a valid patient ?

Everybody could benefit using it for cancer and disease prevention in this piece of junk environment we live in. The individual should decide for himself.

Roger D,
Reactions: vorrange

rayski

The problem is the Federal Government.
I agree with a lot of what you say about the Government's failings, especially when it comes to how we treat our veterans, but I believe the situation in Boise is a local thing. If you see the hand of Washington even where it doesn't reach, I think you risk amplifying your hatred to an unreasonable degree.
As for Obama, he's limited in what he can do. He has appointed some people he can work with to head several departments, but the Republicans won't confirm them. The obstruction in congress is unprecedented. Senators have voted against a bill that they cosponsored after Obama was for it.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I agree with a lot of what you say about the Government's failings, especially when it comes to how we treat our veterans, but I believe the situation in Boise is a local thing. If you see the hand of Washington even where it doesn't reach, I think you risk amplifying your hatred to an unreasonable degree.
As for Obama, he's limited in what he can do. He has appointed some people he can work with to head several departments, but the Republicans won't confirm them. The obstruction in congress is unprecedented. Senators have voted against a bill that they cosponsored after Obama was for it.

It's not hatred, it's sadness. You keep saying it's not the hand of washington and it's not Obama but to me it's all connected.

Don't you think DEA's policy affects how people perceive cannabis use? I think it's naive to not connect the policy with the repercussions, even if they're not directly linked.

And, if you keep propagating a lie, as they do everyday.. i think it's more direct than they want to admit. There's recreational use, there is medicinal use, there is chronic abusive use. Three entirely different things that they keep putting all in the same category.

And if Obama really wanted to change things he could forbid raids in legal states couldn't he? Or is that something that doesn't make sense? Why doesn't he? Because who bosses him around does not want him to.

He could also tell the DEA and law enforcement to evaluate the situation and assess the legality and necessity of the use before tearing apart a family! This is not something you can brush off like it's nothing.
And it was quite simple to implement really.. and people would still be regulated in their use without having their freedom violated like this and inocent kids traumatized in the same of "health".

rayski

It's not hatred, it's sadness. You keep saying it's not the hand of washington and it's not Obama but to me it's all connected.

Don't you think DEA's policy affects how people perceive cannabis use? I think it's naive to not connect the policy with the repercussions, even if they're not directly linked.

And, if you keep propagating a lie, as they do everyday.. i think it's more direct than they want to admit. There's recreational use, there is medicinal use, there is chronic abusive use. Three entirely different things that they keep putting all in the same category.

And if Obama really wanted to change things he could forbid raids in legal states couldn't he? Or is that something that doesn't make sense? Why doesn't he? Because who bosses him around does not want him to.

He could also tell the DEA and law enforcement to evaluate the situation and assess the legality and necessity of the use before tearing apart a family! This is not something you can brush off like it's nothing.
And it was quite simple to implement really.. and people would still be regulated in their use without having their freedom violated like this and inocent kids traumatized in the same of "health".
Again, I fail to see the connection between Boise and the DEA except for maybe foisting misguided policies.
Obama has been quite disappointing on drugs. I think for political reasons, but I was hoping for some changes after the election. But on Wednesday his drug czar Gil Kerlikowske said legalization was an “extreme” approach. Right now a lot hinges on how the Justice Dept. reacts to Washington and Colorado. Holder once considered mj a low priority. We'll see.

rayski,
Reactions: OO

vorrange

Vapor.wise
"misguided" is a misnomer.. they are criminal and genocidal policies in my book. They have forbidden or largely hindered research on one of the most promising plants in Nature, and have put thousands in prison, many for a long time, just to mention two consequences of the misguidance of US agencies.

If you think foisting misguided policies is not what grossly contributed to what happened in Boise, what do you think contributed? Maybe the war on "terror" and the fear mongering that spreads among law enforcement...

The parents are not home and the police find its a good time to search the house and call protective services because (gasp!), there is marijuana in the house! (be sure to use the mexican word for greater impact.)

Obama is not a disapointing president when it comes to drugs or cannabis alone.. he is a disapointing president in many things that constitute your personal rights and freedom as a citizen and as a human being.

I don't think the police has the right to kidnapp two kids, which is basically what they did. They saw the cannabis, and that was it, it's all they needed.
If this is something your president can't fix, we've got a major problem. And i'm not saying going there personally of course, but this is just another case of the consequences of this ridiculous situation where the DEA keeps harassing the people who actually need the medicine because they are not hiding it anymore.

And also, i don't think it's a coincidence that they went to the house precisely when the parents where out of town.. i mean, they're cannabis activists from NORML, almost Bin Laden status.

Gunky

Keep in mind that how the cannabis issue goes is probably a very minor blip on Obama's radar. He has loony North Koreans and house Republicans on his plate. I too wish Obama would fire Holder and put in someone better. However, I think we have to be aware that even presidents have a lot of constraints on what they can do on their own. I'm surprised and disappointed Obama hasn't been more sensitive and responsive to this issue but in a way it doesn't matter. It started long before him, it's bigger than him, and the momentum for change is building, regardless of what the current administration does or doesn't do.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
COME ON! minor blip? north koreans and republicans? He's in the office for the second time!

One thing i agree with you, it started long before him. It started in the 1900 to control mexican immigration because of pressure from southern states. Then the wars came, and it was needed again, for two times it was prosecuted by the government and then promoted for warfare for sails, ropes and clothes.

The DEA is against legalizing cannabis medical use because it does not serve the pharmaceutical and medical establishment. It also does not serve the wood and paper industries. It also does not serve agrobusinesses like Monsanto because hemp seeds have tremendous value as animal food, and for the human animal too.
It does not serve the oil companies since you can make biodiesel too. It does not serve the police since they have a lot more work to do, or the gun lobby since it's a war and it's getting serious with machine guns and everything.

They couldn't care less if you die, or are poor, or have a debilitating ilness like alzheimers or multiple sclerosis. They only care that they will lose money when the truth comes out.

And although Obama has his hands tied, he should at least protect the medical marijuana patients and it's business!! I don't believe it is a minor blip in is radar, what happens is that everytime he wants to blink an eye at the MMJ community, he gets a slap on the head to wake up and continue what he's being told.

It's like that RIDICULOUS question: "But.. did you inhale?" What are we? Survivors from an AVC who have our brains half dead and can't see the sheer nonsense in that question?
If someone smokes cannabis ONE time (that's what they said right?), they want to see the effects. So they either coughed by accident or inhaled.

One thing that is also obvious and everyone in the government seems to intentionaly not mention in their reports is that, most syntethical drugs like the ones sold at smartshops, crack cocaine, crystal meth are a direct result of prohibition.
Organized crime and crime related problems when it comes to drugs, are a result of prohibition.
But the governments always deliver the message of "look, drugs are bad, it promotes crime and harder worse drugs" ... and what is the average joe going to think?

Stop trying to justify Obama because he should do something about a lot of things before even considering war on drugs or legalization.
He should relax the conditions needed for research. He should protect the medical patients and business. He should protect the citizens who are caught in the crossfire of the WOD, by not allowing the police to do what they did i Bosen.
He should prohibit death penalties for cannabis posession and diminish overall charges. He should schedule cannabis at it's proper level, as the other psychedelics.

But hey, he got his hands tied. In the meantime, lifes are ruined.

You guys can change this, bit by bit, by educating your community. Learn about the medical uses of hemp seed oil, and cannabis extracts like thc oil, and if they have a problem or disease who could be made much better by cannabis talk to those people.
People need to know the truth, don't expect the media to do it for you.

This wave of MMJ laws is the result of what i'm telling you guys. The awareness surrounding the potential benefits of cannabis and it's low toxicity and abuse potential makes it a wonderful remedy for many different ailments, and ilnesses and people are starting to know about it. This is the result of mouth-to-mouth flow of information, this is what we need to do to help.

Someone who is suffering from Alzheimer does not give a shit if cannabis is illegal if the plant has fewer side effects and reduces the amount of pills someone is taking (and their side effects which are usually worse) and greatly improves his health.
But people have been raised to look at drugs as harmfull drugs and pharmacy drugs as safe drugs. The truth his, most harmfull drugs were invented by the early pharma companies and doctors who wanted to improve on the poppy milk. Morphine, heroin and methadone are the result. Is this known? NO!, why? because it's not important...

CNN, manipulating public opinion since 1980:

Top Bottom