ready to upgrade my dynavap- Anvil? Dani?

gooby

Hi all. Have a few dynavaps over the years, I really like them. But I want something portable that is heavier hitting. When I am with friends and we are all using one dyna, things are too slow. I am about to buy an Anvil, does this sound like what I'm looking for? I was also told the "dani" is comparable, not sure if true. Help would be great before I order, just wanna make sure I'm making the right choice at this price point.

Will be both native and bong use. Preferably IH capable, but it looks like almost nothing works with IH besides the Dyna?

Thanks all

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sounds like you are only interested in torch-driven devices? No battery portables?

If so I think you have picked the heaviest hitters. I would also add the Phatpiggie TA. Depending on your view of portable and your friends, you could consider some of the glass vapes from TRWW.

One thing you probably know is that all these vapes take much longer to heat than a dynavap. That is due to their larger thermal mass, which is why they can hit so hard.

gooby

Sounds like you are only interested in torch-driven devices? No battery portables?

If so I think you have picked the heaviest hitters. I would also add the Phatpiggie TA. Depending on your view of portable and your friends, you could consider some of the glass vapes from TRWW.

One thing you probably know is that all these vapes take much longer to heat than a dynavap. That is due to their larger thermal mass, which is why they can hit so hard.
Hi Grass. Thanks for the reply. I am interested in anything, but I like the idea of having a solid metal construction. I'd consider battery portables if they aren't filled with plastic and whatnot. I just assumed they were less 'clean' than the torch/IH driven metal options.

That makes sense. The dyna does heat quick, even with an IH. Good to know.

gooby,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't have opinions on what is healthiest, but most high-end battery vapes only have glass and metal in the vapor path. Good examples of that are the Tinymight and the Firewood.

Also it just occurred to me, have you considered any of the direct draw brick-style devices? I find them more sharable and they can hit pretty hard.

Vaporware

If your only problem with your current setup is sharing it with too many people, you could just get one or more extras and just share the heater.

I really prefer that kind of situation to everyone sharing the same mouthpiece, and each one you add is only a little extra to carry. The heater could get pretty hot if you have to use it back to back to back, but if it has a little time to cool down between heat cycles it should be fine. Plus you can always use a torch as a backup. :)

If you’re all happy using the same stem there some other great options out there, but the long heating time of the Anvil seems less than ideal for using quickly while you’re out…

el sargantano

I think having a humble DynavapM in the line up is mandatory. You can count on it even after every potential apocalypse.
Its strongest point is durability and it hits hard while keeping things pretty simple.
Once that's said, there is my main con: this tight draw restriction hurts my throat like no other vape, so it became the device I lend to every smoker friend who tries to come into vaporization. Some of them have bought it with different succes ratios.
But the very issue of restriction is sooner or later to come back and everyone but the fanboys keep looking for other ways to get the job done, normally adding $€£.
-
Then I carried the Vapochute to the party, and everything went smooth as silk.
Forget about draw restriction (and discreetness) with the endgame parafernalia for this vape style.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiHllnDoUjG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Vapelung applied on-demand vaporizer (you'll get the idea):
Thanks to @PAM, @Alan & some other fcmates who spread it!
Don't hesitate anymore, get yourself a balloon, put your favourite tip on it and float around the table.

Last edited:
el sargantano,
  • Wow
Reactions: cx714
Top Bottom