Ready to go out of the box?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
The only vape I’ve ever owned that I didn’t buy any accessories for is the Toad. Is that because there’s literally no accessories to buy? Maybe, but if I truly felt it could be improved with something, I could have gone through the trouble of having someone make me something. For me it’s been the most complete vape right out of the box, and I’ve had it for 10 months now so that’s plenty of time to know if I needed to accessorize with anything.

Also an honourable mention to the OG solo, which I never modded or anything but I do know that accessories existed that did make it better for some.

darbarikanada

mighty. comes with everything you need. 'learning curve' is about a minute. tasty low-temp hits or giant rips - whichever you prefer (or both). works great for wax. 8 years later still happy with it.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Dynavap. The "hydravong" version with titanium tip- but it is much more complete with the wooden slim stash case.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Farid

Pretty much everything doesn't need modification, some people just prefer to go in that direction.

Dynavap, mighty (or any S&B), solo (or any arizer), logs of any kind, most injector ball vapes. Honestly the only vape I know of that some people feel needs accessories is the PAX, and even that, there are tons of people who use it stock and are completely satisfied.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Dynavap. The "hydravong" version with titanium tip- but it is much more complete with the wooden slim stash case.
The dyna needs to be modded to get the most out of it though. The stock configuration is pretty god awful in terms of hot and harsh vapour. It’s only once you buy after market stems and mouthpieces that the dyna begins to shine.

Arawfish,

Farid

^Disagree with you hard there. I've introduced tons of people to dynavaps and none of em needed mods. One ended up getting a IH after a while, but they were satisfied with a lighter and just got it as an addition.

I use a stock Omni and it's lasted me 7 years with no need to replace anything besides the O ring on the condenser.

Hot vapor can just be mitigated by using the air port, taking mouth to lung rips, or heating at lower temps. Using a water pipe too, but I guess that's an accessory.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I guess it depends on what you mean by "satisfied out of the box". I don't think I have any devices that came with a wpa/bowl standard. And I feel like attaching to glass is mandatory. And I typically leave off the VVPS or PID on new desktops because I already have ones that I like.

So, I am not sure if glass, bowls, a power supply, etc, counts as add-ons.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
^Disagree with you hard there. I've introduced tons of people to dynavaps and none of em needed mods. One ended up getting a IH after a while, but they were satisfied with a lighter and just got it as an addition.

I use a stock Omni and it's lasted me 7 years with no need to replace anything besides the O ring on the condenser.

Yeah that’s fair, but I more took OPs question to mean “what vapes are not improved by accessories” and the dyna is definitely improved by accessories. Even if it’s just a $10 copper collar. Dyna was my first real vape many years ago and I definitely didn’t enjoy it for very long before I looked at after market improvement or entire other vapes.

Obviously OPs question will vary depending on everyone’s own needs and experiences though too. There are a great many people who are more satisfied with a modded dyna Vs. A stock M

Arawfish,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The dyna needs to be modded to get the most out of it though. The stock configuration is pretty god awful in terms of hot and harsh vapour. It’s only once you buy after market stems and mouthpieces that the dyna begins to shine.
Maybe you used the steel version of the DV? The Titanium tip I use always felt incredibly smooth to me for the size of the thing. I was sold as soon as I had the first toke.

As for the FMJ, it is not a 100% improvement because it reduces portability and stealth. You have to wait for the thing to cool down before you can pocket it (or find a bigger, heat-proof case).

Haze Mister,

leanpubpackage

I guess it depends on what you mean by "satisfied out of the box". I don't think I have any devices that came with a wpa/bowl standard. And I feel like attaching to glass is mandatory. And I typically leave off the VVPS or PID on new desktops because I already have ones that I like.

So, I am not sure if glass, bowls, a power supply, etc, counts as add-ons.
I would consider a WPA an add on, because of the dissatisfaction with native cooling. I guess the general need to run through water is another discussion

leanpubpackage,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Maybe you used the steel version of the DV? The Titanium tip I use always felt incredibly smooth to me for the size of the thing. I was sold as soon as I had the first toke.

As for the FMJ, it is not a 100% improvement because it reduces portability and stealth. You have to wait for the thing to cool down before you can pocket it (or find a bigger, heat-proof case).

Not if you accessorize with a leather case for your dyna, then it can go in your pocket hot ;) and yes, I was indeed using both a SS tip and a Ti tip. I had an OG nonavong. (Among others)

You might be fine with stock, but that doesn’t mean it can’t still be greatly improved by after market purchases.

Last edited:
Arawfish,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would consider a WPA an add on, because of the dissatisfaction with native cooling. I guess the general need to run through water is another discussion
I like a WPA not because I think the native cooling is bad, but because I like my glass. And only some of my glass are water pieces.

But things like a FP, Atlas, Zenith, ZX, all need some kind of bowl and a piece. I don't consider them incomplete as sold though.

The CL comes with everything you could possibly need to have a great experience, but I still really love the glass bowl accessory. I don't consider it sub-optimal without. It's just really great with it.

You don't need a grinder, but I like using them and I have many.

Vaporware

I’ll second the Toad. It came with some beads I put in the stems myself and they help with cooling, but otherwise it’s a complete package that’s ready to go as soon as you slide in the heater, stem and battery.

You can still use it with a j-hook or other glass, and that can be beneficial with a convection heater like this, but I don’t know if you’d count those as specific accessories for it. I just had a few things around already. Also, a loading/unloading tool is optional but you might prefer it. :)

I wouldn’t mind “modding” the Toad with more new heaters just because Dan made them so easy to swap, but it would be more for fun than anything else. It can already deliver more than enough vapor for me. :freak:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I predominantly use portables native and IME they’re all fine out of the box if you do your homework and get ones that fit your style.

That said, I’m more into artisan makers at typically higher price points. Mass-produced battery vapes seem to come with more trade-offs (whether for taste, power, or ease of use) so I do see an element of getting what you pay for.

The exception seems to be torch-powered glass vapes which are cheap, hard-hitting, and delicious. The BAK fell off my list bc on the rare occasions I’d want powerful glass conduction, there’re a bunch of torch options to scratch that itch. YMMV.

Zipford

I noticed the community loves to tinker and mod, either out of being passionate hobbyists or due to lackluster performance/accessories out of the box.

What are vapes that you’ve been totally satisfied using out of the box, without need to mod or purchase add-ons?
Unless capsules count, both the HR Edge and XMAX V3 have been fine out of the box (though the V3 came with the glass mouthpiece).

hillbill

I’ll second the Toad. It came with some beads I put in the stems myself and they help with cooling, but otherwise it’s a complete package that’s ready to go as soon as you slide in the heater, stem and battery.

You can still use it with a j-hook or other glass, and that can be beneficial with a convection heater like this, but I don’t know if you’d count those as specific accessories for it. I just had a few things around already. Also, a loading/unloading tool is optional but you might prefer it. :)

I wouldn’t mind “modding” the Toad with more new heaters just because Dan made them so easy to swap, but it would be more for fun than anything else. It can already deliver more than enough vapor for me. :freak:

hillbill,
Top Bottom