Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

virtualpurple

My lone working RBT item has started acting weird on me.

I have a Z on red panda firmware from @bossman recommendations and it has been pretty incredible.

The other night when using something changed and I combusted (I have accidentally combusted before so I didn’t think too much of it) but now I am finding that when I try to use the Z again in either cruise mode or manually pressing the button the temp is slow to start raising and kinda of stalls around 230-250, although it feels like the heater is still getting hot.

If I switch to the V2 alternative profile the temp seems to raise up quicker but it does not hold or maintain temp well when you start drawing against it.

I’m not sure where to start here. I have tried swapping out new batteries and recharging the current batteries. I am a little nervous to try reflashing the firmware (I feel like the last 5 years I’ve gotten so dumb with technology) but I will do so.

I am guessing though that something might be going on with the device itself. @FearAndLawyering I’ve already got you tasked with my other Z products, if all else fails are you up for adding one more to the mix?

Zagala

Did you check if the resistance setting has changed? This tends to mess up with the TC mode settings. But that would not necessarily happen with wattage mode.

StringTheorista

My lone working RBT item has started acting weird on me.

I have a Z on red panda firmware from @bossman recommendations and it has been pretty incredible.

The other night when using something changed and I combusted (I have accidentally combusted before so I didn’t think too much of it) but now I am finding that when I try to use the Z again in either cruise mode or manually pressing the button the temp is slow to start raising and kinda of stalls around 230-250, although it feels like the heater is still getting hot.

If I switch to the V2 alternative profile the temp seems to raise up quicker but it does not hold or maintain temp well when you start drawing against it.

I’m not sure where to start here. I have tried swapping out new batteries and recharging the current batteries. I am a little nervous to try reflashing the firmware (I feel like the last 5 years I’ve gotten so dumb with technology) but I will do so.

I am guessing though that something might be going on with the device itself. @FearAndLawyering I’ve already got you tasked with my other Z products, if all else fails are you up for adding one more to the mix?
Using it in straight wattage mode would give you feedback about whether it still heats correctly. Then you'd know if the issue is the Z or the mod

virtualpurple

Using it in straight wattage mode would give you feedback about whether it still heats correctly. Then you'd know if the issue is the Z or the mod

Can you school me a little more with this.

I have only used wattage mode a few times. If I am pressing and holding in wattage mode am I gathering more feedback based upon how it feels when I draw and the cool of the herb or is there something I should be detecting on the mod itself?

Thanks everyone for their contributions. I’ve not yet reflashed the firmware. If I get off work early enough tonight I will try to do that and will jot down my resistances.

I did notice that even though my resistance was locked (or looked to be) that number continues to fluctuate whenever the button is pushed and never really stays at its set resistance, it may have always been that way for me though.

virtualpurple,

virtualpurple

The fluctuating resistance during draw is normal. You just need to make sure it is locked where it needs to be.
This is helpful to know, thank you!

I will be off work tomorrow and will try reflashing my firmware and will report back into folks here.

I have been absent from the community for awhile but I always appreciate the helpful nature of the community as a whole.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is helpful to know, thank you!

I will be off work tomorrow and will try reflashing my firmware and will report back into folks here.

I have been absent from the community for awhile but I always appreciate the helpful nature of the community as a whole.
Even if you flash the firmware, the resistence should still be "locked" (yes, it does vary during use).
Iirc, when device is cold (room temp), lock it there.
Somebody pls correct me if I'm mistaken!

Top Bottom