Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Hey all, thanks for bringing me into the discussion. I recently picked up 10 different colors of 19/22 joints for these devices. The colors I have on hand are transparent Amber, purple, pink, green, lime green, light blue, dark blue, charcoal, and opaque black or white. If you're looking for one, please DM me.

Shit snacks has already let me know that some of the other RBT devices take a weird 19/19 joint. If I can track some of these down I am happy to make similar stems for them, but I am not sure how strong the demand is. I made this first one for a local friend that has a Milaana. I know there is also a new RBT device in the works that will also use the 19/22 stem.

I just wanted to say that I am a vapor enthusiast, making custom accessories for our favorite vape devices. If you have an idea or concept you want to see realized, reach out to me an I'll see what we can do!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shit snacks has already let me know that some of the other RBT devices take a weird 19/19 joint. If I can track some of these down I am happy to make similar stems for them, but I am not sure how strong the demand is

Oh so yeah it is not a standard, so you won't be able to track it down, what others do is grind down the 22 mm so it will fit 19 mm though

Yeah 19/22 was always better as a standard (even though 19/26 might be more common anyway) so good to focus on that regardless for Zion revival of course too

I am going to hit you up for some now as I'm sure many others will be! Need to decide on colors...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
Oh so yeah it is not a standard, so you won't be able to track it down, what others do is grind down the 22 mm so it will fit 19 mm though

Yeah 19/22 was always better as a standard (even though 19/26 might be more common anyway) so good to focus on that regardless for Zion revival of course too

I am going to hit you up for some now as I'm sure many others will be! Need to decide on colors...

I do have a the equipment to cut/grind/polish glass. I don't know if it would be worth while time wise to turn these into 19/19.. but I would be willing to give it a try with 1 or 2.

Shit Snacks

I do have a the equipment to cut/grind/polish glass. I don't know if it would be worth while time wise to turn these into 19/19.. but I would be willing to give it a try with 1 or 2.

Oh cool, yeah others like GVB just offer that option by request instead of doing it preemptively at least

FearAndLawyering

I only ever tried grinding down to 19/19 once, I was not happy with the results - it makes basket screens not fit. A diagram example would help but consider the opening inner diameter on the 19/26 is a certain size, that fits the baskets well. when you cut off the 7mm, the ID of the opening becomes much larger because of the tapered shape.

Are people just joint packing the ground down 19/19s? you're much better off imo to swap the 19/19 oven for something more standard.

Hookahhead_MD

Accessory Maker
I only ever tried grinding down to 19/19 once, I was not happy with the results - it makes basket screens not fit. A diagram example would help but consider the opening inner diameter on the 19/26 is a certain size, that fits the baskets well. when you cut off the 7mm, the ID of the opening becomes much larger because of the tapered shape.

Are people just joint packing the ground down 19/19s? you're much better off imo to swap the 19/19 oven for something more standard.

I wouldn’t know how practical it is until I try one or 2, but I’m leaning towards sawing off the 3mm instead of grinding.

The opening on the joint end is 11.5 on these 19/22 that I have, so removing a bit of material might bring it closer to the 12mm basket. I also have a few sizes of glass screen coming, ideally I would be able to seat one of these about 1/2 way up the joint.

Worst case scenario I can use the joints to make 19mm Dynavap adapters 😈.

Shit Snacks

Yeah it's always hit or miss with the glass variance, some of my GVB cut down 19/19 have trouble fitting a basket screen securely, but I have such variety eventually I can find a rimmed one that fits, sometimes might need a little use so it sticks better... Most of them don't have an issue though for most rimmed screens (using the old rimless basket screens is even trickier however, though some fit, and I don't typically like to joint pack for these anyway)

It is nice to offer the option for the 19/22 joints to be cut down if someone wants to use it with splinter or mi3 but there is not much reason to do it in advance, unless just to test with... Thanks @Hookahhead_MD!

floribud

Yeah it's always hit or miss with the glass variance, some of my GVB cut down 19/19 have trouble fitting a basket screen securely,
You can use basket screens with ground down 19/26s. BUT you need to get a big construction nail or a Delta3DStudio tamp and scoop, then you put the tamp, or the flat heat of the nail in the wire basket. Circle the nail or tamp around the basket like you are doing a Covid test swap. Push hard to the sides, after about 5 to 10 loops, the basket will now be lower and wider.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yes please... :uhoh:
I'd asked him about these on his Etsy site. I really want one for Tempest use rather than VapCap use so I don't need to use a reducer with my 18mm water pieces. I currently have a 10-14-18 I got from China tho it isn't very stable. And I have a couple of 14mm that are cut down Wands I got from DDave that I can use with a reducer.
Sorry for the off topic comments.

cybrguy,

FearAndLawyering

You can use basket screens with ground down 19/26s. BUT you need to get a big construction nail or a Delta3DStudio tamp and scoop, then you put the tamp, or the flat heat of the nail in the wire basket. Circle the nail or tamp around the basket like you are doing a Covid test swap. Push hard to the sides, after about 5 to 10 loops, the basket will now be lower and wider.
like flattening the basket to flare the sides out? they do fit better but then they dont seem to hold as much flower or work as well in my experience

FearAndLawyering,
Top Bottom