RBT History Contest

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
2020-06-26 Update: FC is back. This thread was moved in from NFC.

Greetings all... RBT is grateful to have had FC to make a start and would like to ask that you help preserve the best of RBT FC.

All you have to do is go back to the good old FC (links in the first post of the RBT threads here) and grab a technical tidbit, usage technique, memorable post, pic or collection of #RBTHistory and repost it on the related RBT threads here on the New FC, then post a link to your contribution in this thread, and you will be entered to win a #Milaana3. The spirit of this contest is to incentivize people to portage over all useful info to the New FC. This contest is also being conducted on IG so enter there too for more chances to win. Entries must be in by noon 6/13 with a IG Live drawing at 7 PM EST. Winner will be announced here as well.

Excited to take a trip down memory lane as RBT turns a new leaf on this fresh canvas .... thanks @Pak and @Stu!

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

Taken from the Milana II thread.

analytika said:
Can you explain what's "made easier" for "a larger audience" by any of these design choices?
I can give 2 examples. The Splinter has reduced airflow compared to the Milaana and I can pull hard or slow and get vapor pretty much no matter what. It's just easier with less open airflow because your breath has LESS of an impact, but still an impact nonetheless.

Second example is the Zion. This doesn't only pertain to me but multiple users too including Ryan himself. When you put tape over the air inlet and poke a hole in it to reduce airflow, the Zion can get thicker hits using a lower temperature. The hits are less diluted with air and easier to achieve. Also increases flavor. Your breath still affects the hit you achieve, but has an easier threshold to avoid error.

Hope this helps paint a good picture of the reasoning from my perspective.

Also, unboxing video of the Milana II:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay that is a stunner, but check out some of these other spalted wonders:

From Mr. @VegNVape
From @b0
From @AJS
From @Cl4ud3

Not to mention the other exotics like this bloodwood of @Duff's

And there was a real stunner of a canarywood that I believe @vapen00b has, but I could not see the pic on old FC so maybe he will be nice enough to grace us with a new photo?!

From around the same time as when I got this purpleheart (these were all technically MilaanaV2, the most polished version of the original Milaana1, finally available in exotic woods with logo copper and picks)

Here it is with my early MilaanaV1 (these were the first finalized product, after the MilaanaOG, which was the initial pre-order without the intake screen or any recessed glass and a slower heater--I never had one from that run, instead I had the first official beta used by RBT himself, then I got this rough early V1 to replace it and it always ran hot n fast maybe similar to Mi3 which j do not have yet... Anyway the V1's that followed had rolling upgrades through every production run leading into the V2's, which were even more polished and began to include the pick and other woods instead of just maple... A few of these exotic customs were specially tuned for their owners as well)

(custom wood stems made by Alan of ToastyTop/HI/IH, dark walnut and canarywood)

RBT's craft kept getting better and better with each build, the woodwork on the exotics and splinters is quite beautiful really... I also miss the days of RBT's own customized glass stems (even pre xl8r)

I did a more comprehensive post of my four Milaana's once I got my Mi2 (walnut with Sapele bottom cap-- Milaana2 changes included new air intake in the front, rectangular shape, standardized exotics, larger contrasting bottom cap, new nice logo copper, thick German clear glass... I guess I should mention that the Milaana3 then now is mass-produced in China with several build changes like new ceramic and brass parts, 19/19 glass, and no bottom cap) so maybe I will find and repost those photos here as well... There is so much of course!

I'll leave off with a couple early videos that are nice to have on a first page:

Damn ^ doesn't that take you back Mi friends? Where's @WakeAndVape?!

I am going to have to post more classics, for Milaana as well as Zion of course, but this post can count as my entry, great contest! I really need to own a Mi3, if not won, then purchased :tup:

Guest399

Pity. I am too stupid to understand what I have to do to take part on the contest.
i come from Germany and would like to have a Milaana 3 because RBT says to me they don't ships to Germany if they sell it at least. good luck everyone

Vapor Dude

I remember when I was a member of FC forum, I posted this M3 of my first Impressions.

Greetings everybody. It arrived, Unit 175/500 Just an hour ago. It is truly like a ancient artifact of wood. Stunning shinny brass hardware with an arcade like button harnessing the high power heater core in it's glass heart. This the fastest most intense extraction. This hits like a butane torch powered vape. Be prepared for it because it is an un wielding heat vapor production experience. Medium grind just under fill a bit leave a layer of air to give a space to the chamber. as vapor tapers off flavor drops after 4 hits, but tastes great so stir a few times. ABV saver I am not. For me the last phase is the deep burn long time on button. The total spectrum to coffee color. The extraction is flawless. My method at start Is to push the button breath in and out and hit slowly then stop heat, fast on 3 sec then stop and feather out 1 to 3 second off time and more trigger heat when you feel the hit stop button press and pull faster clear it. I used the XL8R mini mouth piece. Spin mouth piece to keep that hot spot at bay. Excellent vapor spectrum taste, intense effects and medium heat mouth feel make it my daily driver of a sporty spirited vaporizer. I thought I loved my Splinter and Splinter Z but the aspect of rapid vape is an enjoyable difference to behold. I am going to use some glass water pipes and let ya know. Well made product that is artistic and it's has a level of effects that are legendary.

I posted that Mar 30, 2020

If you would kindly restore my member status, that would rock like RBT vapes. Peace

Last edited:

Vapor Dude

Human modulation button control makes a low air mixture volume with denser vapor that makes sipping and puffing possible to savor the taste. I can use a standard glass mouth piece and the temp is nice.

Before The M3 I used the same heater in the RBT Splinter with increased air in the mix that changes the taste but increases vapor production. With just a mouth pieces the vapor is to hot for me. So I used water rigs to use it. I needed a micro-doseing on demand convection vape. After looking at the Fire Fly 2 I saw a mess of cleaning and clogged bowl holes.

That put me in the market for a rapid extraction vaporizer made of wood, glass that is battery powered. Then I came across the MFLB. It looks like something you'd make in high school wood shop. It drapes SS mesh over 2 brass electrodes powered by a "peeled" 2600 mAh battery, Shake and sip operation with poor extraction is a no can do for me. The price tag of 110$ is steep for a vaporizer that needs you to buy a finishing grinder to bring the herb to fine consistency. Just as I gave up, I stumbled onto the RBT M3 Presale and paid. My wait was worth it. The M3 has a level of maturity and design that will never cease to amaze me with cooler vapor and a mouth piece.

The MFLB Orbiter water rig rocks. It compliments the M3 in vapor collection and max coolness of vapor. You need a Dynavap Fat mouth piece, or such to fit the hose to the mouth piece. The water pipe is small or as my GF says "cute" so it can fit in her purse and used on picnics. I can fill the Orbiter and let her hit it. She can't work the M3 vape. Keeps the 175/500 M3 safer from damage.

We have 21st century inventions, hope all of ya enjoy the freedom. Peace
Last edited: May 7, 2020
Vapor Dude, May 7, 2020

glenCOCO

Thanks for the opportunity! ...glad i read the fine print, lol

Well since the prize is a Milaana 3 it only makes sense to quote the post that started it all for one of the best and most beautiful vapes out there. Let's take a trip back to 2015.

"We have our thick skin on so don't be afraid to tell us what you think" ...people really took that one to heart throughout the years, lol

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com

Top Bottom