RBT Driftwood

Psyentist

This is quite interesting, could you please make it so it accepts 240V mains power along with 120V. That way we can use it across the pond. Excited about this, sounds like my ultimate vape!

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Thanks all for the great feedback on this. I have taken on a partner in as of late that has put this thing back on the radar. Here is the concept. It is the start of the RBT home unit. It would have a standard (50 watt) and a premium (100 watt) power supply. Simply a PC brick pushing 50 - 100 watts feeding the Zion power supply(s). in a wooden "power pod" that would have a voltage control knob and possibly a old school digital readout. From the pod is an RCA cord to the log vape... the first of the handsets.

The log vape would be basically a bigger log vape... in order to fit the heater tech in and have the large load chamber it just has to be. So it would be the Champs driftwood unit scaled down from the 3 gram capacity but still the exact heater tech. The unit can run in log mode and sit in wait for you to take the perfect draw like a Champ... or, since it is the RBT HSA tech... it will also work on-demand at higher wattages ... like a massive Zion.

Once you have the power supply than it's just a matter of getting more things to plug into it... the Seed tech could inspire a massive concentrate face smasher... or an Ultra heater could be made.... or a micro dosing unit... or the all glass air path unit... this eliminates the cost of continually buying the electronics. This also fits into RBTs new business practice of batching out builds. My partner is pretty keen on this idea but wants it vetted as the volumes are low in the desktop arena but we believe if this was done right the interest would be worth doing a limited batch run.... cuz you guys fucking rock :)

This is seriously rad. I was recently talking with @VGOODIEZ about an exotic Ditanium, but may need to hold out for this instead.

yeswecann

So, i had this driftwood root ball for years that I pulled out of the river and Champs gave me the reason to finally make a vaporizer out of it. It had been so long since I had created anything and my true joy is in engineering and design... so it was a much needed indulgence. I had only planned to make one...something special to share with all the folks that helped me get to Champs. But with a heater that is nearly 8X the size of Zion the constant power and minimum pinch temperature made vapor quality that was out of this world. It's 29 mm size (nearly 3 grams) was selected to "go big" but with a bushing reducer to 19 mm it proved to be quite practical.

But after it being so well received I would like to explore creating a simplified version that could be made economically enough to make a limited run. The idea would be to reduce the root sprawl and mount it to an exotic wood base and refine the electronics and assembly process. The 29 mm might be a little excessive unless you have regular sessions with Troy (420 VapeZone) and the iron lungs of Vgoodiez (sesh of my life) lol.

So, here I go with the questions....

First, is there even still a market for a desktop?
Is this concept novel enough to command a price point that makes it viable?
What could be improved / added to make it even better?
why in the world would you want a 3 gram 3 hose vapor monster?

Here are a couple of links to the IG picks of the beast ... Troy might have some footage of it in his Champs highlights vid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuNE9coAdfN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuM7gZ6gqkZ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuIV1AIAk34/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuDKj43AVfx/

Please let me know your thoughts.
Cool but I'd prefer clean lines like a log but still exotic wood.

yeswecann,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey all... Here is a quick tour of the design for the RBT Home Beta Unit. Is like Zion reincarnated as a log vape sleeper.

Excited to be talking with Futo to produce the wood for this bad boy. Thank to all the peeps that hung out on IG and help finalize / refine this design. Nothing like having a group of customers in your office cubical looking over your shoulder helping to make it just what they want. RBT designs for you :)

Sensory Leaf

Hey all... Here is a quick tour of the design for the RBT Home Beta Unit. Is like Zion reincarnated as a log vape sleeper.

Excited to be talking with Futo to produce the wood for this bad boy. Thank to all the peeps that hung out on IG and help finalize / refine this design. Nothing like having a group of customers in your office cubical looking over your shoulder helping to make it just what they want. RBT designs for you :)

Looks cool... Can't wait to see how this turns out, would it work over here in the UK? (I believe we run on a different voltage or something)

Sensory Leaf,
Reactions: Ramahs

mac_47

Yeah I think theres still a market for new desktop vapes. Its probably more difficult to get a foothold in a market of big hitters without some kind of jump in technology or changes in the 'cannabis has to be smoked' mentality thats still there among those who use it, youve got the name to survive though and those limited runs can be collectable items so it seems like a win-win-because theyre good looking vapes.

mac_47,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Unfortunately it seems like this may have been pushed aside for now? RBT has moved over to newFC and the upcoming products mentioned we're now only the seed, zipzap, and zapcap...

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom