RateMyGuitarSongs -- What should I do?

11eleven11

Is this project worth continuing?

RateMyGuitarSongs

I have worked on this site for about 2 years now I think. It isn't me programming, I pay a guy. It costs a little more than I'd like to pay to host for something I never use and I don't know.. I'm just in a rut about the thing. I know I should keep working on it but I keep doubting it'll be found as useful or people would enjoy it. Right now there are glitches and this and that need to be added and edited, and I don't know if I want to keep paying all this money for that to happen.

When I get home from the day my "entrepreneurial energy" is sapped (I work full time and trade futures on top of that, and I study trading constantly whenever I can). It's hard to focus on this too.

Idk guys. Just vaping and thinking. Shouldn't have left this thing in the dust for so long (6 or 7 months now?), but just thinking about the costs to change this or that or add or remove this or that is a big turnoff.

What are your overall impressions of the thing? Please don't hold back. Any criticism is welcomed.

11eleven11,

Tweek

If it's costing you money and making you zero in return, then ditch it IMO.

Tweek,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've pulled the plug on a few websites and while it's painful at first, I've never regretted the decisions.

:peace:

Stu,

11eleven11

Thanks guys, both very true. Part of me still wants to make it work so I'm still unsure..

What do you guys think about the concept? Do you see it as a site that might be a fun place to visit eventually, if it had a wide variety of genre submissions and etc. If you're not a guitarist it probably isn't too terribly interesting, but imagine if you were... I guess.

I'm either going to add a discussion forum to it and try to foster a community or I'm going to scrap it.

Opinions on the site overall?

11eleven11,
Top Bottom