Random thoughts

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So tomorrow, on Tuesday, will be the first business day of 2024 and I will almost certainly use up my Medicare deductible on that day.

Why do they bother? Why not just add $20 to my monthly Medicare cost? New Year's gift for my first medical provider of the year?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
get

florduh

So you guys in the 80's were like "fuck it, we'll make a former CIA Director the President", huh?

GCy8aAAXkAAbvxj

He wasn't just a CIA spook. He's also the only guy in the country who said he couldn't remember where he was on 11/22/63.

florduh,

SinfulRoad

So you guys in the 80's were like "fuck it, we'll make a former CIA Director the President", huh?

GCy8aAAXkAAbvxj

He wasn't just a CIA spook. He's also the only guy in the country who said he couldn't remember where he was on 11/22/63.
Oh he knows exactly where he was and what he ordered.

SinfulRoad,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Oh he knows exactly where he was and what he ordered.

CIA records show that they did have a spook named George Bush in Dallas on 11/22/63. But they say it wasn't the same guy who would later become the CIA Director. Common name I guess:shrug:. 2/46 Presidents had it after all.

florduh,
Reactions: Varden

florduh

While I'm glad those nice ladies had smart pantsuits and purses, Iran was under the thumb of a brutal, fascist dictator in the 1970's.

In the early 1950's, the United States engineered a coup to overthrow Iran's democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammad Mosaddegh. Because he nationalized Iran's oil industry so their nation's wealth could be used to benefit Iranians instead of Western oil corporations.

The US backed the Shah of Iran assuming dictatorial powers over Iran because he promised to let American oil companies have their way with the country.

Decades of human rights abuses by the Shah's regime came to a head in the late 70's with the Iranian Revolution. Like almost every bad thing on this planet, the current state of Iran is a direct result of American stupidity during the Cold War.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Which all has virtually nothing to do with the point of the post, which was that theocracies almost invariably take away the rights of women, and as America becomes Gilead while the Republicans turn women into chattel the same may well occur here.

florduh

Which all has virtually nothing to do with the point of the post, which was that theocracies almost invariably take away the rights of women, and as America becomes Gilead while the Republicans turn women into chattel the same may well occur here.

You can make that point without implying the Shah’s Iran was some sort of democratic utopia.

In any case, a little context on that image doesn’t hurt on a day when we’re, yet again, on the precipice of war with Iran.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

florduh

Great quote. You also just unlocked a core memory for me. Totally forgot about it until now. One of the first computer games I remember playing:

SimAnt_Coverart.png

If you need a new system to play it on:

florduh

GDGHt51WAAItKp4

Freedom is making every kindergartener in the country go through a TSA style checkpoint 5 days a week so wealthy suburban ammosexuals can continue to amass small arsenals.

2pumpchump

I don't feel a entire tread for this and not looking to buy a vape b4 420 but wondering the best way to vape b4 and after a tooth extraction

2pumpchump,
Reactions: vapviking

2pumpchump

I remember years ago when I still smoke cigarettes. They new I was going to smoke as soon as I left the building....
So they recommend packing with gaws bites down firmly as I suck I might try my ball vapes with a wip and this method ... thanks for everyone who has given input will try some of them not found of bags but might try filling 1 and try

Top Bottom