Yankees = most evil MLB team confirmed

GAMHaijWwAE4rky

David Ortiz Laughing GIF by MLB

florduh,
  • Love
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I (we) reside about half-way between Boston and this, the second largest city in the state:

MASSACHUSETTS CITY RANKS AS MOST MISPRONOUNCED CITY IN THE U.S.

Published: December 1, 2023

Massachusetts residents are known to have a pretty wild reputation, whether it be our rabid sports fans or that sweet accent, which really only a very small percentage of us actually have. However, one of the most unique things about Massachusetts isn't the residents, it's the cities and towns.

Massachusetts cities and towns are full of some of the most iconic and historic landmarks in the country, from Plymouth Rock to Fenway Park, the nation's first high school, and even the nation's first bar. But it is not what these cities and towns contain, it's their names that make them unique.

From Leominster to Tewksbury, Gloucester to Scituate, Massachusetts has a TON of cities and towns whose names stump out-of-towners and even some locals.

Check out this hilarious video of the Golden State Warriors trying to pronounce Massachusetts names ahead of a 2022 match-up against the Boston Celtics.

So we know Massachusetts has plenty of municipalities with difficult names, but one city name takes the cake and was recently named one of the most mispronounced names in the United States.

Travel Guidebook company Frommer's, pronounced FROH-merz, not FRAH-merz, recently put together a list of the 12 most mispronounced locations in the country.

America's Most Mispronounced Place Names

"For out-of-towners, nothing will separate you from the locals quite as fast as saying the name of their city, region, state, or street the wrong way. Impress them instead by learning the correct pronunciations of these U.S. locales you might be mangling."

This Massachusetts City Ranks as the "Most Mispronounced" Place in the U.S.

With so many options to choose from the decision must have been tough, but Worcester, Massachusetts takes the cake. Fantastic choice as we hear people, and GPS devices mispronounce the city's name constantly.

"It looks like there should be three syllables and an “r” sound somewhere in the middle, but looks can be deceiving—and, as anybody who has pulled off a successful JFK impersonation will tell you, New Englanders drop “r”s all over the place. Go with WUSS-ter for this central Massachusetts city. The town was named after Worcester in England, so not incidentally, you'll pronounce it the same way there, too"

Click the source link for the funny Celtics vid:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
This is your annual reminder that you can sing Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" to the tune of "Deck the Halls", ande vice versa.

Just to get ya started:
"Gen'rals gathered in their masses
fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaa
Just like witches at black masses
fa-la-la-la-laaaa, la-la-la-laaaa..."

olysh pops

Ms.-Besson-3.jpg

This painted photo is almost 100 years old (1929) and shows my great-grandmother. In those days, people do not smile in photos, but I think her facial expression also expresses the difficulties of her life.

At the very beginning of the 20th century, at the age of 13, she arrived in France on foot with her mother from Italy.

The image she leaves of border crossing is that she is raped by a customs officer. Not surprising in an age when rape is neither a crime nor a misdemeanor.

I don't know how she managed to live after this event (like many other women probably..), but as an adult she got married in Paris. Then came the First World War, and her man died shortly afterwards from mustard gas inhaled on the battlefield.

In the city, she ran an inn in a working-class neighborhood, Church's Street in the 15th district.

Prostitutes work in the same street, and artists come to the inn (sometimes leaving a painting), which is probably also a brothel.

This strong-willed woman runs her business alone and has two firearms for self-defense, which she doesn't hesitate to pull out to protect the food supply.

She has a boyfriend nicknamed "beautiful mustaches".

Her son, a boxer, died young in a street fight.
Her daughter is my grandmother.

The "random thought" of this post is that while my life is very different from my great-grandmother's - not the same gender, not the same era, not the same social level - her story profoundly influences mine.

:myday:

coolbreeze

Random thought: do people make these claims believing them? It seems to me if you believed, you would respect that you don't know enough to speak for god, understanding as well that that's a whole level of vengeance you are not prepared to withstand. To me this suggests a lack of belief and a lack of sincerity.

It sort of ups the level of duplicity when you entice people by mocking the very ground of their beliefs, whatever their inherent worth.

florduh

Keep that bullshit in church.

If the old lady at the DMV said a little prayer to St. Christopher before handing me my Driver's License...that would be bizarre and fucked up. Not sure why this is acceptable at the highest levels of government.

coolbreeze

I'm sorta just appalled that we're not allowed to call out the obvious, and that we're expected to play along with obvious lies and manipulation. No, Mike, we don't believe you, you're obviously lying and we're under no obligation to accept that as genuine on your part.

Last edited:

florduh

I'm sorta just appalled that we're not allowed to call out the obvious, and that we're expected to play along with obvious lies and manipulation. No, Mike, we don't believe you, you're obviously lying and we're under no obligation to accept that as genuine on your part.

I don't even know if Mike is lying. He might legitimately be a religious extremist nutjob.

I do love that "Christian Lawmakers" are focused on making sure billionaires can crush workers and pay no taxes, brutalizing refugees, and trying to make trans teens kill themselves.

If Jesus, a poor brown Palestinian Jew born to refugees, came back today... the first people he'd toss into the fiery pit are American Evangelicals.

coolbreeze

I don't even know if Mike is lying. He might legitimately be a religious extremist nutjob.

I do love that "Christian Lawmakers" are focused on making sure billionaires can crush workers and pay no taxes, brutalizing refugees, and trying to make trans teens kill themselves.

If Jesus, a poor brown Palestinian Jew born to refugees, came back today... the first people he'd toss into the fiery pit are American Evangelicals.
The size, nature and scope of the apparent misunderstanding is what makes me suspect it isn't one at all.

"By their fruits ye shall know them."

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Mike seems like a genuine Scotsman to me.
The Bible's pretty horrible if you read it all in context. He's just following it.

It's full of horrible immoral ideas, I know. But it is what it is. Too many people have been convinced that it has worthwhile content, unfortunately.

The most important thing is that none of it has any place in our government, with the importance of separation of church and state enshrined in our constitution and it's included amendments and all.

Last edited:

florduh

"Tell me about the California Prop 215 days, when a girl with a nose ring would use chopsticks to serve you cheap, low-tax weed out of a big 'ol jar"

Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by Justin

Top Bottom