/r/Vaporents Announcement and a message from Reddit admins - Temporary restriction on new content

JOHN GALT

/r/Vaporents Announcement and a message from Reddit admins - Temporary restriction on new content​

renderTimingPixel.png

Subreddit Announcement
nsfw
Howdy ents, /u/ProfessionalHandJob here with an update regarding r/Vaporents and recent actions by Reddit administration.
As you've likely noticed our community is now flagged as containing adult content (18+/NSFW). You may have also discovered on your own, or have seen the various postings across Reddit, regarding a number of subreddits were banned by the Reddit admins over the last week. Today around 2:30PM EST, r/EntExchange, r/DynavapExchange, r/UKEntExchange, r/enail, r/Arizer, r/VolcanoVaporizer/ were all banned for rule violations. E-cig/nicotine hardware and juice subreddits have also been banned or received the same warning message from Reddit admins during this same time period.
In the spirit of transparency the message we received from Reddit this afternoon was as follows:
Hi mods,
We are reaching out to notify you that your community has been designated as 18+ due to being centered on products and/or substances intended for adult use. Users who visit your community will encounter an interstitial that will ask them to confirm that they are 18+.
We also wanted to remind you that any type of sourcing, sale promotion, or sale facilitation (including things like flaring/approving vendors), is prohibited. Please note that this includes not only substances (juice, etc) but vaping devices and accessories themselves. We ask that you update your community rules to reflect this, if you haven't done so already.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via r/ModSupport Mod Mail.
In light of these developments, we're taking a hopefully brief pause in allowing new content posts as we come up with updated Reddit rules to comply with Reddit site guidelines. This will allow us time to consider the impact this will have on the long term future of r/Vaporents, while preventing new content that may be viewed as Reddit admins to be in violation of Reddit rules.
We do not take this action lightly and it is our hope that by instituting this temporary pause to come up with a response we will be able to prevent r/Vaporents from being banned completely, which would result in the loss of all information gathered in the subreddit over the years. We view r/Vaporents as an important source of discussion, information, history, etc; and it would be a loss to the community to lose that information permanently.
For now, we will leave the ability to leave comments on existing posts enabled, however please keep in mind the guidelines specified by Reddit administration when posting comments. We want to avoid taking the sub private or limiting the ability to have continued discussion on this issue, as well as existing content; so it is important we make a good faith effort to abide by Reddit rules.
We're hoping to have this all sorted out sometime tomorrow, 4/26/2022.
We'll provide updates as we have something more to provide either on this post, or through a new stickied post. Thank you all for your understanding and the community you've helped maintain here over the years.
- r/Vaporents mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/uc23lq

manakata

/r/Vaporents Announcement and a message from Reddit admins - Temporary restriction on new content​

renderTimingPixel.png

Subreddit Announcement
nsfw
Howdy ents, /u/ProfessionalHandJob here with an update regarding r/Vaporents and recent actions by Reddit administration.
As you've likely noticed our community is now flagged as containing adult content (18+/NSFW). You may have also discovered on your own, or have seen the various postings across Reddit, regarding a number of subreddits were banned by the Reddit admins over the last week. Today around 2:30PM EST, r/EntExchange, r/DynavapExchange, r/UKEntExchange, r/enail, r/Arizer, r/VolcanoVaporizer/ were all banned for rule violations. E-cig/nicotine hardware and juice subreddits have also been banned or received the same warning message from Reddit admins during this same time period.
In the spirit of transparency the message we received from Reddit this afternoon was as follows:

In light of these developments, we're taking a hopefully brief pause in allowing new content posts as we come up with updated Reddit rules to comply with Reddit site guidelines. This will allow us time to consider the impact this will have on the long term future of r/Vaporents, while preventing new content that may be viewed as Reddit admins to be in violation of Reddit rules.
We do not take this action lightly and it is our hope that by instituting this temporary pause to come up with a response we will be able to prevent r/Vaporents from being banned completely, which would result in the loss of all information gathered in the subreddit over the years. We view r/Vaporents as an important source of discussion, information, history, etc; and it would be a loss to the community to lose that information permanently.
For now, we will leave the ability to leave comments on existing posts enabled, however please keep in mind the guidelines specified by Reddit administration when posting comments. We want to avoid taking the sub private or limiting the ability to have continued discussion on this issue, as well as existing content; so it is important we make a good faith effort to abide by Reddit rules.
We're hoping to have this all sorted out sometime tomorrow, 4/26/2022.
We'll provide updates as we have something more to provide either on this post, or through a new stickied post. Thank you all for your understanding and the community you've helped maintain here over the years.
- r/Vaporents mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/uc23lq
huh.. no wonder when i open up my sync pro app it was asking me to check my nsfw settings. so i figure something was up with the servers and havent check back. thanks for the update will have to go check it out. kinda of wack tho...

manakata,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Reddit is filing an IPO to go public in the near future - this is a move to ensure they aren't hosting any illegal content which could negatively affect their IPO price. This is associated with the PACT ACT and sadly the reddit admins seem to be conflating dry herbal vaporizers with ecig/concentrate vapes. I know lot of people are hoping the rules change and vaporents comes back, but I'm not holding my breath.

4everpushingaboulder

I mean, /r/Vaporents hasn't gone away yet. We're just taking our time with this to try to avoid a ban from Reddit, and get back to as close to whatever normal was as possible.

Going to take me a while to break the habit of loading up /r/EntExchange multiple times a day though. fml.
If Reddit deletes the sub the posts are gone anyway.

And you all don’t have many options. The content we all want to see and share is exactly what they want us to stop.

Seems to me even the Vape Consensus Doc with vendor recommendations is exactly the items we’d have to delete.

Long live Vaporents,
Vaporents as we knew it is dead.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
If Reddit deletes the sub the posts are gone anyway.

And you all don’t have many options. The content we all want to see and share is exactly what they want us to stop.

Seems to me even the Vape Consensus Doc with vendor recommendations is exactly the items we’d have to delete.

Long live Vaporents,
Vaporents as we knew it is dead.
I have all my content in the milking thread too. That's a lot more risqué then the vaporants

Custom Flower Hardware,

XpeeN

Just so everyone knows, as we have new people coming in I guess, it's not enough to just write this, you also need to report your post so the mods know to delete it btw FYI (I already reported this one for you though)
Tnx, forgot to report tbh.

jbm

I'm keeping my account for now, there's a number of subreddits I follow for both weed and non-weed topics. I dunno, there are things FC is better for and things Reddit is better for. I see it in AND terms, not OR. It's not a zero-sum game.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I'm really glad a site called "Fuckcombustion.com" will always be too "controversial" for Wall Street pedos with a $10k/month coke and whores budget to ever become a publicly traded company.
I think very few people appreciate FC to its fullest and realize actually how awesome it is . I have read a lot of criticism and very few praises in comparison ,but the idea behind it is so pure i can clearly say it is made for the ages. It has its own microcosmos full of great places and dudes from all generations,hopefully we live to see one day the next line of worthy members picking the torch from the current mods and carry on the legacy !

Last edited:

DLDabber

The Sausage King of Chicago
I mean, /r/Vaporents hasn't gone away yet. We're just taking our time with this to try to avoid a ban from Reddit, and get back to as close to whatever normal was as possible.

Going to take me a while to break the habit of loading up /r/EntExchange multiple times a day though. fml.
That’s what I’m saying. It’s really Gonna screw with the used market.

DLDabber,

ugotmale

EntExchange already demonstrated that a market exists for a resale site, if and when the numbers add up someone will step up to offer a solution, and until then the classifieds here should pick up.

ugotmale,

jbm

EntExchange already demonstrated that a market exists for a resale site, if and when the numbers add up someone will step up to offer a solution, and until then the classifieds here should pick up.
That could take some time though, since you can’t post in the classifieds right away here.

jbm,

4everpushingaboulder

That could take some time though, since you can’t post in the classifieds right away here.
Most of the frequent buyers and sellers will also be looking for a place to post and comment on their purchases. Without vaporents I don’t think it will take too long to get the required points.

Couple days at most for some of these blabber mouths. (Me included)

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Reddit is filing an IPO to go public in the near future - this is a move to ensure they aren't hosting any illegal content which could negatively affect their IPO price. This is associated with the PACT ACT and sadly the reddit admins seem to be conflating dry herbal vaporizers with ecig/concentrate vapes. I know lot of people are hoping the rules change and vaporents comes back, but I'm not holding my breath.
I wonder how it's going to affect their IPO price when the millions of weed-focused users on the site disappear overnight?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I wonder how it's going to affect their IPO price when the millions of weed-ficused users onbthe site disappear overnight?
Not one bit. They're hammering it because vapor is in the title. People die from ecig vapor according to the lawyers. Hence, vapor in title of shit is bad for biz on a wall street level. They don't waste they're time distinguishing between the kinds of vapor and vapor ware it all just means less cig sales.

Top Bottom