Quick Vestratto Forge induction heater

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Grande Medir GIF by Hidrogenesse

Last edited:

BreadStick

So Big. Why would I use this over the iSpire wand?
The Forge has an extra 18650 in the Milwaukee battery powering it so it's more powerful to speed up heating the anvil. If you're not using a big vape with your wand you probably don't need the forge. The forge also lets you control energy and power output where as the wand only lets you set timers via the temp control.

dimmusp

$350 just for the heater?!? 😱

dimmusp,
  • Haha
Reactions: bulllee

SockPuppetTheatrics

That's why I felt the Tornado bundle was the option that made the most sense during the 4/20 sale.

Also, in the Sneaky Pete interview, I think John said something about how ridiculous production costs were for the first 100 units because everything was done in-house and not very efficiently; they didn't have an estimate for what production costs would look like at scale at that point. It sounds like the initial 100 units were actually margin-negative and they were just absorbing the cost.

Texus

That's why I felt the Tornado bundle was the option that made the most sense during the 4/20 sale.

Also, in the Sneaky Pete interview, I think John said something about how ridiculous production costs were for the first 100 units because everything was done in-house and not very efficiently; they didn't have an estimate for what production costs would look like at scale at that point. It sounds like the initial 100 units were actually margin-negative and they were just absorbing the cost.
Yeah, I told myself I was paying $210 for the Forge and $210 for the Tornado in my silly attempts to justify the purchase.

Is $350 going to be the standard cost for the Forge going forward?

It looks cool, but then you also gotta grab some M12 batteries and a charger, so you’re looking at $400 or so just to get away from the torch. And the torch works great. I’m not sure I’m willing to pay $400 just to go torch free on the Anvil. Back when I owned Dynavaps, I went through 3 different IHs and ended up selling them each time because they just did not work as well as a torch IMO.

I’ll be interested to see the feedback on the Forge once these start getting into the wild. But for now I’m gonna stick with the torch.

letter never sent,
Reactions: DadaBoo

Texus

Is $350 going to be the standard cost for the Forge going forward?

It looks cool, but then you also gotta grab some M12 batteries and a charger, so you’re looking at $400 or so just to get away from the torch. And the torch works great. I’m not sure I’m willing to pay $400 just to go torch free on the Anvil. Back when I owned Dynavaps, I went through 3 different IHs and ended up selling them each time because they just did not work as well as a torch IMO.

I’ll be interested to see the feedback on the Forge once these start getting into the wild. But for now I’m gonna stick with the torch.
Covered in the Sneaky Pete video linked in this thread. Near the end IIRC.

Texus,
Covered in the Sneaky Pete video linked in this thread. Near the end IIRC.

I don’t think he specifically mentioned a price in that video. I recall him saying the Forge would only be available in a bundle at first, but then they ended up offering it on a standalone basis on 4/20.

letter never sent,
Top Bottom