Question about vaping and withdrawal

rexrex

Several years ago I switched from daily combustion to vaping with a volcano and a magic flight launch box. I liked both vapes very much, but found myself returning to smoking because something was missing from or unsatisfying about the vape high. I have switched from smoking to vaping and back again several times in the last few years for the same reason. Most recently I have been smoking exclusively for about 6 months. I have also started travelling internationally several times a year by plane meaning I can't bring mj with me. I am travelling next week so I have quit weed cold turkey so I don't get withdrawal while on my trip. The symptoms are generally light--mild headache, low grade anxiety, a mild craving, nightmares--and surprisingly the same as I felt when previously I quit smoking and started vaping. Last night, after no mj for a few days I vaped. I got a good high, but the withdrawal symptoms did not subside. I am wondering if the mild withdrawal is caused by addiction to the chemicals released when smoking and if a prolonged period of abstinence or vaping only will eliminate this mild addiction. More to the point, I am wondering if, should I switch to only vaping from now on, I will be able to travel without mj several times a year without experiencing withdrawal. I'd love to hear from experienced folks on how they can compare the experience of going cold turkey after vaping to the experience of going cold turkey after smoking. I'd love to be able to vape exclusively and wonder if I'll stop missing the satisfaction that comes with smoking over time. More specifically, I'd love to be able to take my travel breaks without going through a few days of mild withdrawal each time. Thanks!

rexrex,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It sounds like cannabinoid withdrawal syndrome. Really the only way to get around that is to not use so often so your brain isn't "used to it" so to speak. It's basically the same thing as opiate/caffeine/drug addiction, but on a much lesser level. Personally speaking, it doesn't really happen to me. I get the "I should vape something" cravings but they're easy to get off my mind, no real headaches, but what it does treat likes to come back at me (pain, nausea, insomnia, lack of appetite from prescription medications I have to take) hard.

Lucky you with the getting nightmares, at least you can sleep haha. I barely sleep as it is (high school years with 10-15 hours a sleep per school week weren't uncommon) and use indicas for that. Anyways as for your headaches, are you always hydrated? Perhaps a cup of coffee will clear them up? I can't really speak on the anxiety thing because I've always had it but lately have been able to keep it in check without any meds.

What's the longest period you've gone with only vaping? I got that same feeling of missing something when I first switched but I stuck with vaping for a while and now I dislike smoking. It has this grimy almost toxic feeling to it which I don't miss now.

Tweek

I rarely ever take a break anymore, but when I am forced to, I do sometimes notice a few days of mild anxiety, cold sweats, etc. Part of it is probably my regular symptoms coming back, but I am pretty sure some of it is related to using herb every day. I find that a small dose of Kratom occasionally helps when I have to do without the herb. Just can't use it every day, unfortunately.

Tweek,

Jeremy Driscoll

My girlfriend is making me take a break from paradise. She says she can't stand the vape smell on me again.

Jeremy Driscoll,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
if you smoked with tobacco mixed in, then problably you miss the nicotine.

If you just combusted MJ, then i think in time, it will become easier to vape and stop vaping at will. When i first started vaping, it was hard for me to deal with the cravings.

Right now, it's quite easy. Be sure to sleep well, eat well and do some meditation as that always help to balance your nervous system and your dopamine levels. A daily 30min walk wouldn't hurt either.

And if you're experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms and you use MJ mostly recreationaly, it would be wise to lower your consumption a bit, since that means your body has become dependent on cannabis for the proper functioning of some systems within your organism.

vorrange,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
The first time I utilized this plants game changing molecules, It was pure enjoyment. Not in a drug induced type of state.
More of Directly in tune with your senses and an enjoyment for life. I think we all believe this plant can be utilized for humans easily, and thats just the way it is. Its a touch up of what naturally occurs in our brains which is why we have CBD receptors to already except the molecules from this plant.
Maybe it is so, That the intake of THC & CBD's daily is at a high amount and is associated with daily things you happen to be doing. So in turn, doing the same routine minus the molecules is just causing your brain to have a slight chemical imbalance and you are detecting this as result of your symptoms.

In a nut shell: I know I've associated certain things I do while/after vaping and doing those same things without vaping is a bit off but nothing to bothersome. I find tasking myself with other new things is the best way to direct my mind away from feeling like you said you did if you find you must lower your tolerance.
And utilizing a vape will help lower it as opposed to smoking. You just need to find the right one for your needs.
Just sayin cause I've experienced a few things you have.
Enjoy the ride while you can! :mmmm::razz:

Pesci

Do you smoke with a bong or joint?
When I first made the transition from combustion to Vapourisation I had similar experiences it was just missing that little something. You have to stick at it, like really stick at it for 6 months exclusively vaping and I might suggest a big hitter like an LSV or Cloud et al? Once I got a truly effective vape there was no going back.

Like Quetzalcoatl smoking even secondhand feels dirty.

As for withdrawals when I combusted they were very prevalent but manageable where as now they're almost non existent.

Pesci,
Reactions: VapoRoor
Top Bottom