Question about powerex 2700

aphoticinullity

I ordered some and I removed the labels but when I did a black piece of paper on the positive end started coming off too... is that bad?

aphoticinullity,

treecityrnd

In fact if you don't take that paper off, it might combust when the positive end is inserted in the box :shrug:

treecityrnd,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
treecityrnd said:
In fact if you don't take that paper off, it might combust when the positive end is inserted in the box :shrug:
No, the paper really doesn't have any effect on combustion. It doesn't have ANY effect. Only aesthetic.

Seek,

Nycdeisel

I think tree meant that the paper could get hot enough to combust, but i dont think it would get that hot

Its best to have nothing on the batteries, and to make sure there is NO residue from glue, etc

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Well imho the paper can protect the battery against shorting, but not as much as the labels. But if it come off right away after the labels were removed, you can't do anything. I wouldn't glue it back, than can be some hazard.

Seek,

Nycdeisel

I dont think the paper makes a difference. just my opinion though. and you need to remove the labels anywa

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
shortp.png

Seek,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You are still going to have to have contact with another part of the outside of the battery to be able to complete the circuit. The paper as said before is asthetic at this point - get rid of it.

BUT - Do be VERY careful with your naked batteries. If you throw them in a pocket MAKE SURE ITS EMPTY!! A pocket full of change or keys will end up burning the fuck out of you. (Those bastards get HOTTTTTTTTT!!)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom