question about laws and procedures if caught in the UK

alexwallis

Hey all,
I hope this is the right section to post in.
if not, please feel free to move it to whatever section it belongs in.

I am writing for some advice about what happens if you are caught in possession in the UK.
Basically the situation is that I arranged to get some stuff sent to me in the post as getting locally is impossible for me.
However, my shipment was caught up in the mail strike in canada, so obviously delayed.
But I received a slip in the post today from the post office saying they tried to deliver something which I have to sign for, so does anyone know if this is what the post office would do after an intercept?

I always thought the procedure was that you received a letter from customs inviting you to go and collect, but as this letter is from the post office, I am unsure.
so if anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated.

alexwallis,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That depends on what is being delivered and who it is from. If you order the MFLB from vaporizers.ca, for example, someone has to sign for the delivery. I assume this applies to other orders from them as well, but the LB is all I've ordered from them. Also, this is within Canada; I have no idea whether you have to sign for international shipments. I don't see why not, though.

My point is that some vendors might require a signature for a delivery. On the other hand, the strike here isn't over yet so perhaps your notification has nothing to do with your order from Canada.

pakalolo,

alexwallis

Hi, sorry, I wasn't very clear in my first post. I am not expecting a new vape, I am expecting more material. In the past, the vendor hasn't sent recorded delivery.
So what do you think now?

alexwallis,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I doubt think it would be an international signed for service- non tracked is more inconspicous.

You're not expecting festival tickets? My partners arrived today via special delivery... they were ordered last year, but it's now the time of year that they're sending them out. They just arrived unannounced.

Only one way to find out anyway......

Can't you call and arrange redelivery? (actually I think you can do it online nowadays) It should have a phone number on the card, no?

I expect it will be fine. If anything I'd say they were either more likely just to seize any suspect package, or deliver and wait a few days to see what you did with it (if it was worth doing so). If it's in another name then leave it unopened by your door for a couple of weeks, and then you could say in a worst case scenarion 'it wasn't for me, it's unopened, no idea who, was intending to return it to the PO' Doubt it would work, but worth a shot and it's a basis for a defense.

BUt like I say, I think you will be fine. Everyone's pretty resource strapped at the moment- they can't mount a big operation just for you and a small quantity, and I imagine it would be quite a bit of work to try and develop a watertight prosecution case from this kind of transaction.

I'm just spouting off though, and not overly well informed, so take it at face value. Maybe better advice out there. UK420 .com might have more UK relevant info.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom