Question about Blue lotus, Australian customs and gamma irradiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow fcers.

I recently received my extreme q and must say first of all thank you to this whole forum for helping me make a very educated decision. It works an absolute charm:)

I tried googling but couldn't find much information so was hoping someone might be able to help.

I bought 4 ounces of blue lotus flowers to vapourise and more specifically to mix with red and white wine.
I just got a letter in the mail from customs saying that the items have been seized because they are "likely to introduce exotic pests or diseases into Australia"

I can have my 4 ounces of blue lotus if i give them $42.50 aud and they submit the items to a "Gamma Irradiation Treatment" now im just a bit concerned if this is actually that healthy/safe to ingest after this treatment. If any one could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks

jaredismyname,

george

My intuition tells me that would NOT be safe. Read more about gamma rays is what i would do.

But you have to pay an additional 40.00 ? I would not do that... Probably better off ordering from somewhere else.

george,

djonkoman

there are 3 kinds of ionising radiation, gamma is the least dangerous(it carries the farthest and can penetrate more materials, but ionises less particles as the beta or alfa radiation)
the radiation used for medicalscans os often also gamma(in the scans where you have to take a nuclear solution beforehand), it's very similar to rontgenradiation but with more energy
and for example cancerradiation an isotope that sends out alfaradiation is used, because it destroys a lot of cells, but doesn't travel far, so if you can activate it in the body close to the tumor, there is maximujm damage in the targetarea(the tumor) but the radiation doesn't travel far beyond that

if this material is radiated there won't be any radiation coming from your blue lotus after radiation(since it only comes in contact with the radiation, not the particles that send out the radiation)
there will be some ionised particles tough, but I don't know of those are harmfull

I do know that the medical weed here in the netherlands is also radiated, since it's a natureproduct it contains spores, bacteria etc, but to qualify as medicine it has to be sterile
so probably it isn't that dangerous, as the government here aproves it for things that are going to be smoked, vaped or drunk/eaten by patients

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom