Quartz Thunderbolt - all-quartz torch powered ball injector vaporizer in 19mm and 14mm- shipping from EU

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Nice to hear it landed! :rockon:

The QTs will be soon sold out, so if anyone is still sitting on the fence, your time is running out! The next batch will likely not happen for a few months. I am keeping a few spare parts in case someone needs a replacement.

I may not be able to answer PMs here very often, and as already stated, I no longer sell through PM messages here.

Prefererred mode of contact is email address on my shop.

also:

thunderbolt at fastmail dot fm

The "obligatory" IG page is

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

The Terpometer and this "docking station" (really?) flexible stand is the fool-proof way of using temperature control with the QT.
Hopefully the Terpometer is made in the USA or Japan or Germany and so justifies its price :rolleyes: but at least it can measure clear quartz whereas some cheaper options cannot. You can still use the cheap IR thermometers by aiming the lazer pointer at the rubies, sapphires or SiC balls inside.

Haze Mister,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Apologies to the folks who I couldn't sell a bowl to. Prototyping and producing this and the Thunderbolt 202 drained my very limited capital and I was not able to produce a load of bowls upfront. Then the glass blower was too busy with other stuff for a while. He seems to be back on track with making more accessories for me so I am ordering more 14mm bowls and other goodies including the all-new Thunderbowl Duo.

The first batch of the Quartz Thunderbolt mk2 is already sold out! :rockon: Things are looking good for another batch, with some further refinements in the design.

It looks like I should be able to sell the bowls and other accessories separately as demand is picking up.

In the meantime, it is possible to use a 14mm injector with a 19mm bowl effectively by creating a 14mm glass "dosing capsule" out of a cheap low profile 19/14 adapter and a 3/4 inch screen folded into a funnel shape and wedged inside, and inserting it in your 19mm bowl. The inside of the adapter is of course a ground glass joint so there is no problem getting the screen to stick.

IMG20230622165117.jpg
IMG20230622171038.jpg

Last edited:

tukatukera

Retailer
I'm happy to announce that I will be endeavoring to source accessories, electric heating solutions, and more for the QTB from several manufacturers! I've been talking to LabetKomp (don't know if he's here) and @tinctorus to get stuff in ASAP.
Kudos and thanks to @tukatukera , vapor connoisseur and purveyor of fine torch-powered items for help and taking on some of the retail. He may still have one last unit available, maybe!

I've sold all my units for now and feel able to talk about it after spending a few days with it. Folks, this is as endgame as it gets. Not for newbies, but highly scalable (even sun driven!) and just impeccable vapor quality.
I mean, I have a bias for what it's worth, but if I were to never retail any more, I would still be proud of having sold off a batch as a highlight in my retailing career.
Thanks @Haze Mister for making an amazing device.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I'm happy to announce that I will be endeavoring to source accessories, electric heating solutions, and more for the QTB from several manufacturers! I've been talking to LabetKomp (don't know if he's here) and @tinctorus to get stuff in ASAP.

I've sold all my units for now and feel able to talk about it after spending a few days with it. Folks, this is as endgame as it gets. Not for newbies, but highly scalable (even sun driven!) and just impeccable vapor quality.
I mean, I have a bias for what it's worth, but if I were to never retail any more, I would still be proud of having sold off a batch as a highlight in my retailing career.
Thanks @Haze Mister for making an amazing device.
I've seen a few videos now of people that got them and now I'm really excited to get mine in

tgvp

I've had mine for around a month now, time for some reporting.
Let's start with the sad but known fact, it's not an easy device, clearly not for the beginner or the negligent. But it's a powerful one. When correctly heated, you can dive through a huge bowl and take yourself to geosynchronous orbit.🛰🌍

I still have troubles guessing temp by the look only (rubies are pink, then you wonder if they turned dark or if it's a shadow then you realize you passed the temp). I prefer to watch for the flame color change and even better, double check with thermometer.

One of the advantages is that you can heat it faster than a coil powered injector, but at the price of actively participating in the heating effort by holding the torch and rotating the device (not a big effort, I have to admit, and it'sa part of the ritual). And it's not as straightforward if you have guests and have to reheat between everyone's bowls. But on the other hand, for someone like me who spends a lot of time between 2 bowls and is reluctant to let the coil on all day long, it's very practical. Last but not least, being electricity free gives you the possibility to vape outdoor! Last weekend, I was with a group of friends doing some camping in a forest and we got a really nice high time !🌲💨

My only regret is to not have asked for a full ruby filling, as I believe it would be easier to see the ruby color change and most of all, it would have more heating capacity. But that's something I can do by myself, so no probs. Even add some SiC 🤔

TLDR; thanks @Haze Mister great job !

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
TLDR; thanks @Haze Mister great job !
Thanks for the review!

Good to hear you took the Thunderbolt to the great outdoors :rockon:I haven't ventured that far with it yet only because I want to find a suitable neoprene bag for my bubbler... or a big wooden pipe with a suitable hole!

As for heating, I recommend only the larger chef torches. The torch should have a base to stand on a flat surface by itself so you don't have to hold it. I use drink coasters to get it to the right height and the base on my torch is plastic and just slots over the main body, and it's possible to make small adjustments to the height and angle of the torch there.

The ruby color change is best seen in ambient light that is at least enough to read a book with. Direct lighting or bright daylight will get caught by the optics of the ruby balls and make the color change very subtle. A thermometer is definitely worth having.

For sharing with 2-3 friends it is possible to fill the 19mm bowl, get the QT up to max temperature and pass the bubbler with the bowl on it while holding on to the QT with the steel clamp. Then you can inject just the right amount of heat into the bowl for each person ( watching the vapor density in the bubbler) while keeping the QT in your responsible hands!

For storage and transport the easiest/ cheapest container I have found is hard cases for wireless earbuds... and yeah, SiC is sick bruh- get 3mm-3.5mm max :wave:

PS instaglam URL may have changed

Last edited:

tgvp

I want to find a suitable neoprene bag for my bubbler...

I wrapped every piece with as much bubble papers and boxes as I could find, but I have plan to build a leather sleeve for the qt and carve a casing out of PSE and wood for the bubbler

battleshipp

AVAILABILITY & PRICING

I am now taking pre-orders via PM in this forum only.

For now, I want to get at least 15 pre-orders before manufacturing more pieces or ordering the gems and accessories.

Contact me now if you want one!

The final product will look slightly different from the prototype in the video, with an optimised shape.

The price for a bare bones QT (19mm or 14mm version) WITHOUT the gems and WITH 2 titanium wire balls and 2 silicone tube handles is $100/€95.

A set of gems (more than enough quartz pebbles and three ruby pearls) is €20 .

Simple glass stands will be around €5.

My specially designed injector bowl which is better for the QT than what is currently available for coil-based designs - currently in the pricing stage - stay tuned.

The above items only for sale to people who buy a QT!

Olive wood stands are in the works and will be available to all.

Even though I have this "Manufacturer" tag, I am only the designer- the QT is manufactured by hand by scientific quartz blowers.

This price is for a small batch of pieces manufactured in China. I also have a European manufacturer but the price will be more than double.

Please only pay if you are committed. Cancelling a pre-order for a refund will not be possible after the manufacturing costs have been paid.

Shipping costs will be paid for separately, when I am ready to ship.

Shipping will be via DHL, DPD or national post.

Shipping will be from Spain. I am open to discussing the customs issue to destinations outside the EU.

In the unlikely event that the manufacturer does not show photos of the completed lot within the time frame they have promised (4 weeks), I will return people's money and/or wait or look elsewhere according to buyer wishes.

I do not use reddit, instagram or any other social media at this point. I have written a bit more on using the QT and the philosophy behind it which will be posted below.

Thanks for looking!
hey man. im new to this website, so im not sure how to direct message you. I tried to but it said im unable to so im responding here to inquire about purchasing the item

battleshipp,

lazylathe

Almost there...
hey man. im new to this website, so im not sure how to direct message you. I tried to but it said im unable to so im responding here to inquire about purchasing the item

As a new member, we always recommend reading the entire thread before asking questions already answered.
The answer you are looking for is ONE page back.
Check the link provided.

lazylathe,

battleshipp

battleshipp,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

Pre-order only.

Haze Mister,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The steel clamp and a glass stand enable heating the Thunderbolt away from the loaded bowl, for pure convection vaping. High temperatures ( the reading is in Celsius) enable flash vaporization of small or large amounts of flower by pulsing the heat as shown in the video, which is the best (annoying, I know :D ) way to vape sticky flowers and is only possible so fast from cold ( less than 2 minutes) and with such power when using this vaporizer.

At that temperature, combustion or bad taste from charring will occur with a sustained inhalation- but pulsing the heat prevents that while delivering lots of flavour and intensity in manageable packets of vapor that do not irritate the throat (as much) and trigger a coughing fit.

The pre-orders for the next batch of Thunderbolts are coming in.

ETA is end of September..

The next batch will be very slightly taller to accomodate more balls and hence more heat storage for longer and/or lower temp sessions, and will feature a stronger threaded cap and better fit with all mass-made 14mm joints. The heat up time will be a few seconds longer but the trade-off is worth it.

The new Thunderbolt represents the refinement and current pinnacle of evolution of torch-heated ball vapes!

Glass accessories are still made by hand by a single craftsman and hence can take at least a month to arrive after ordering.

My coil-powered project is ready to go if you are!

tgvp

That "flashing" technique with higher temp is interesting, I'll give it a try!

tgvp,
Top Bottom