Quartz Heater Insert for CH Mercury

Shafty

Today I had an interesting idea. The only thing really different about the Qaroma Quartz head vs others with rubies, is the screen and housing material. They both heat the air with the same media. What if you took a CH Mercury head and had a quartz insert made? You could even seal the insert shut with a perforated top. The mass of rubies would be reduced, but it might boost flavor.

Shafty,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Today I had an interesting idea. The only thing really different about the Qaroma Quartz head vs others with rubies, is the screen and housing material. They both heat the air with the same media. What if you took a CH Mercury head and had a quartz insert made? You could even seal the insert shut with a perforated top. The mass of rubies would be reduced, but it might boost flavor.
I love that you are tinkering and figuring out ways to experiment. That's what is great about this community and every significant improvement to vape technology came from DIY.

I do have one question. Why would replacing some of the rubies with quartz improve the flavor or performance? As far as I know, the qaroma quartz housing is to eliminate the metal, which if course and insert would not.

Grass Yes,

Shafty

I love that you are tinkering and figuring out ways to experiment. That's what is great about this community and every significant improvement to vape technology came from DIY.

I do have one question. Why would replacing some of the rubies with quartz improve the flavor or performance? As far as I know, the qaroma quartz housing is to eliminate the metal, which if course and insert would not.
Using an insert could replace both metal screens and eliminate any metal from the vapor path. Sort of how they do it with the Matrix bowl.

Shafty,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Using an insert could replace both metal screens and eliminate any metal from the vapor path. Sort of how they do it with the Matrix bowl.
So it would effectively be the quartz qaroma housing inside the titanium housing, glass screens and all? What function does the titanium housing have here? Making the coil heat more even? Or just to hold the handle?

Grass Yes,

Shafty

So it would effectively be the quartz qaroma housing inside the titanium housing, glass screens and all? What function does the titanium housing have here? Making the coil heat more even? Or just to hold the handle?
It's a convenient holder with a simple shape.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It's a convenient holder with a simple shape.
That makes sense. I think I understand now. You are trying to make a simple, durable wireless quartz vape.

Probably not too terrible to prototype. I hope you can try it out!

Grass Yes,
Top Bottom