QU4D CORE - Convection Cooling Stem for Dynavap

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Howdy friends!
Sharing something I’ve been tinkering with for a while.

The QUAD CORE CPU (Cannabinoid Processing Unit) for DYNAVAP features four independently air-cooled convection vortex condenser sections for maximum effective cooling, in a minimalist form factor. The stem is just over 2” in length, with over 8” of effective cooling.

Each quadrant uses its own Venturi inlet to induce turbulent mixing of the hot aerosol with ambient air, taming the temperature for more comfortable inhalations without the use of water 💦

6390789-E-A616-476-D-881-D-CDEE73-CC7201.jpg

5163664-F-FB90-4888-87-B9-15-A434-BA3-F73.jpg

You will notice that the QU4D CORE does not utilize any type of airflow adjustments. My number one observation when sharing the Dynavap with others is uncertainty towards what they should do with the airport/carb. The QU4D CORE is inspired by doobies and one hitters, - “just rip it” and based on how I prefer to use the Dyna - Wide open- and when the vapor falls off, I force cool and re-heat instead of choking the flow off. Note: if you’re a fully choked off, tight pull kind of user - this one is probably not for you. No worries, I appreciate you viewing!

Simple, right?

Yes! A lot of over-thinking has went into maintaining a concept which would remain easy to clean, while providing top notch cooling. The proposed material for this is currently a technical ceramic, though titanium is also an option. The original concept was based in glass, but for durability reasons, and superior thermal properties, I’ve decided to omit that one for now.

Any questions, comments, or concerns - let em rip!

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
So this is kind of like the vapman's mouthpiece system ,honestly i have always hated "airports" on both vapman and dynavap, they only give me less dense vapor ,so i never got around appreciating those,but maybe i am missing something . Good luck with your design thought,it seems there are quite a lot of people that prefer those open.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
This looks awesome... I am definitely a very open person too 😃

Sometimes I close it off, but not very often, just if I am feeling churlish or recalcitrant hehehe

Fully cracking up that you used aerosol = 10/10 😂

Pokemon Love GIF by Pokémon

Keep re-reading and there's lots I lie... some snippets I fully approve of:

QUAD CORE CPU (Cannabinoid Processing Unit)

air-cooled convection vortex condenser sections

hot aerosol with ambient air,

“just rip it”

technical ceramic

This last I am especially interested in, I use a technical ceramic chillum daily, it's absolutely fantastic! The current plug I use with it is a chunk of wenge, it's delicious! Additional ceramic configurations could be interesting ...

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Oh wow, I'm not at all interested in this because it's for vapcap, but it does look like a very cool ;) well-thought-out design, and I wish you much luck with it!! :tup:

Thank you! 🙏

I like to rip the VC wide open - I'm intrigued.

Appreciate you stopping by! The idea was to do something that would simulate running wide open through a bong, while creating less condensation than running through water.

So this is kind of like the vapman's mouthpiece system ,honestly i have always hated "airports" on both vapman and dynavap, they only give me less dense vapor ,so i never got around appreciating those,but maybe i am missing something . Good luck with your design thought,it seems there are quite a lot of people that prefer those open.

Appreciate that!
I know a bunch of people on here prefer a fully choked off flow, and I can totally respect that. I really like running them with more open airflow myself!

I’m not super familiar with the Vapman, but looking now it does seem similarly implemented! I think there’s more conduction heat transfer available here being based on hybrid conjugate cooling concepts, with quite a lot of internal surface area available @ minimal pressure drop.

This looks awesome... I am definitely a very open person too 😃

Sometimes I close it off, but not very often, just if I am feeling churlish or recalcitrant hehehe

Fully cracking up that you used aerosol = 10/10 😂

Pokemon Love GIF by Pokémon

Keep re-reading and there's lots I lie... some snippets I fully approve of:

This last I am especially interested in, I use a technical ceramic chillum daily, it's absolutely fantastic! The current plug I use with it is a chunk of wenge, it's delicious! Additional ceramic configurations could be interesting ...

Thank you!
That’s how I tend to use them too, by the time I normally close the port off I think I might as well just force the cool down and go in for a reheat and some real clouds! 😁

What sort of configurations did you have in mind? 👽

Definitely interested! Dynavaps are my main go to for everyday usage.

Thanks for marking your interest! Really, it means a lot to help decide if this one is worth pursuing. I figure this is kind of a different concept - sometimes different goes over really well, sometimes not at all - so the type of reception will definitely help form the basis of future designs for sure!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
What sort of configurations did you have in mind? 👽

Maybe a plug extension?

Now i think about it I don't know why this hasn't been done, a tube with the same fitting as a DV tip on one end and the usual diameter hole at the other, literally a DV extension tube...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Maybe a plug extension?

Now i think about it I don't know why this hasn't been done, a tube with the same fitting as a DV tip on one end and the usual diameter hole at the other, literally a DV extension tube...
A small male to male stem adapter with 8mm OD and couple of o-rings would be even better and cheaper to make ,buy a bunch and hook all your dynavap stems into a Voltron dynavap stem ,lol.. Maybe should call it the Voltron adapter.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Haha, yes - do it 😁

Angled connectors too... I mean why not?

Edit: Just back from vape and run and my brain made this... but as a multi-pathway multi-stem possibly even multi tip GEOVAPE?

Glass Crystal GIF by tdhooper

Edit 2, I checked the maths, you would need 30 edges stems and 20 vertices connectors 😂

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm not surfing through the dynaverse right now so I probably won't be picking this one up but I always love seeing another of your 3D modeled dreams

Cheers dude, appreciate the kind sentiment! I’m finally learning OnShape after coming from more primitive programs and there’s definitely a learning curve. Wanted to pull out my hair just trying to figure out how to get these air holes tangent to the workplane 😆
It’s a much better program for maintaining accurate dimensions across the process but I still have a lot to learn to make it do what I want it to 👻

Maybe a plug extension?

I think I saw one similar on Reddit before, it was like a small heatsink extension to prevent certain stems from overheating.

This ones air cooled like an old Porsche, so residual internal heat shouldn’t be an issue. That was one of the ideas here was increasing surface area for conduction without storing a lot of heat and making hot stems; especially since there’s no air cushion insulation like the standard Dyna configuration uses with the floating condenser.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just gotta say, I think you have a viable product here. Look at what people pay for a Simrell stem. There's definitely a market for cooling stems, and this is one of the better designs I've seen.

I appreciate that, @florduh ! 🎃

I wanted to add a few more comments regarding the design of this one.

Aesthetically there’s definitely no complex geometric patterns, or fancy engravings - instead this one is based on a clean, smooth ceramic with a diamond polished finish, inspired by classic ceramic one hitters.

And because CNC machining is largely based on run time, this also helps reduce the costs involved for everyone.

Potentially, some samples without the air inlet holes could be made, which could still make use of the high internal surface area and material properties for cooling. Though the function would be different, it might still be effective in that configuration too, particularly for other devices using this sized stem. Just an idea!

The estimated retail price is currently in the $50-$70 range in ceramic, and around $100 in Grade 2 titanium.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Inspiration is all around you!

Or in the case of these bed sheets I have - maybe even under you!

0-C9-F6822-193-C-48-FF-8-DE7-D42-E460-E9-B3-C.jpg

That said, this one didn’t seem to get enough gears turning, particularly the mic drop after I mentioned a price point 🥶 - Though I was surprised the titanium prices were higher than ceramic myself. I may look into some of my more “traditional” stem designs instead. Interestingly, many people seem into “set and forget” carbs and high performance cooling, but I guess this layout is just a little too “different.”
Or maybe the aesthetics just aren’t cool enough, I considered engraving some textural patterns but didn’t want to compromise the structural integrity of such a hard material. Perhaps I will revisit this quad core cooling concept later in a stem vape or something like an Arizer or TinyMight. Appreciate everyone who posted any feedback at all, it means a lot!

Top Bottom