Discontinued Purrl by purrl labs

Woodisgood

One more question on this: how does the heat of the vapor compare to other convection-based vapes already on the market? I wonder if it might be best to use this with a bubbler to cool the air?

Woodisgood,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
One more question on this: how does the heat of the vapor compare to other convection-based vapes already on the market? I wonder if it might be best to use this with a bubbler to cool the air?
Another great question! Short answer: it depends... 🤓

Everyone has different preferences and we wanted a device that would honor those. The temp of the vapor in the mouth will depend largely on the the pipe you choose--its length, its material, and whether or not it's a water pipe.

Some people prefer to hydrate their vapor and using a bubbler is an excellent way to do that! It's smooth and yummy!

A wood pipe tends to be very insulating so the vapor doesn't cool much by the time it gets to your mouth if the pipe is short. However, we generally prefer to use a 4.5" wood or clay pipe and we don't experience any discomfort in our throat or mouth. In fact, the temp in our mouth gives us feedback on the density of the vapor, allowing us to control what we want. A glass pipe is less insulating than wood, so the vapor cools more... We've even used the Neo with a short glass slide as a chillum and it's been fine, though the vapor is a bit on the warm side in that case. Sometimes we enjoy using a dry bong and that works great, though it's harder to get immediate feedback in your mouth about the vapor you're pulling, so you have to depend on visual cues.

The reason why you have to clean out the vapor pathway on mass-market vaporizers that use metal or glass in their vapor pathways is because the vapor is partially condensing if it's suddenly cooled--like steam hitting a cold surface. We are cheekily calling this "premature condensation"--something that many devices suffer from, but no one is talking about. 🤫 Hence, you're actually losing terps and cannabinoids, which is one of the reasons bong water gets so gummy. So, we tend not to use water, nor dimpled pipes like the Genius (though it works pretty well!) because we want to maximize the vapor and minimize any losses.

Black_Prrl,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

Kins

Another great question! Short answer: it depends... 🤓

Everyone has different preferences and we wanted a device that would honor those. The temp of the vapor in the mouth will depend largely on the the pipe you choose--its length, its material, and whether or not it's a water pipe.

Some people prefer to hydrate their vapor and using a bubbler is an excellent way to do that! It's smooth and yummy!

A wood pipe tends to be very insulating so the vapor doesn't cool much by the time it gets to your mouth if the pipe is short. However, we generally prefer to use a 4.5" wood or clay pipe and we don't experience any discomfort in our throat or mouth. In fact, the temp in our mouth gives us feedback on the density of the vapor, allowing us to control what we want. A glass pipe is less insulating than wood, so the vapor cools more... We've even used the Neo with a short glass slide as a chillum and it's been fine, though the vapor is a bit on the warm side in that case. Sometimes we enjoy using a dry bong and that works great, though it's harder to get immediate feedback in your mouth about the vapor you're pulling, so you have to depend on visual cues.

The reason why you have to clean out the vapor pathway on mass-market vaporizers that use metal or glass in their vapor pathways is because the vapor is partially condensing if it's suddenly cooled--like steam hitting a cold surface. We are cheekily calling this "premature condensation"--something that many devices suffer from, but no one is talking about. 🤫 Hence, you're actually losing terps and cannabinoids, which is one of the reasons bong water gets so gummy. So, we tend not to use water, nor dimpled pipes like the Genius (though it works pretty well!) because we want to maximize the vapor and minimize any losses.

Why not just use hot or warm water, then you shouldn't get condensation. How much do you really lose from that though?. How about using piece water? It's thicker and if you use it at room temp I wouldn't think you'd get any condensation at all. I don't think you'd get much condensation from vaping anyway because the steam or vapor isn't nearly as hot as when smoking. Also doubt that such a tiny amount of condensation causes enough loss of effects that a human could even tell the difference.

Last edited:
Kins,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Why not just use hot or warm water, then you shouldn't get condensation. How much do you really lose from that though?. How about using piece water? It's thicker and if you use it at room temp I wouldn't think you'd get any condensation at all. I don't think you'd get much condensation from vaping anyway because the steam or vapor isn't nearly as hot as when smoking. Also doubt that such a tiny amount of condensation causes enough loss of effects that a human could even tell the difference.

Quite possibly! We haven't tried that...nor have we tried to quantify any oils/resins left in the water. Just anecdotal observations. More product testing to do. Yay!!! 😎

Black_Prrl,

Chainfish

Well this looks a bit interesting, although mrsp seems a tad much. Hope when released there's an option to buy without mod, it'll help with price, and for the many who already have dna/damn good mods, the added value of an eleaf mod is negligible although i do see the appeal of having a ready to go pack for those without ecigs.

Chainfish,

Kins

Would be nice to have some kind of universal adapter made by you guys specifically for this device. I'm not sure I'd both with it if I had to hold the thing in place. I'd rather use it on my bongs and be able to just snap it in with an adapter.

Kins,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Would be nice to have some kind of universal adapter made by you guys specifically for this device. I'm not sure I'd both with it if I had to hold the thing in place. I'd rather use it on my bongs and be able to just snap it in with an adapter.

Yes, it would be great to have a host of different adapters! We have some plans, but are focusing on getting this one out the door first. :-) The silicone "collar" helps adapt to almost any bowl, but it won't hold it in place for you.

Black_Prrl,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom