PUFFiT portable

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I understand, thanks. I don't want big clouds cause as you said that brings attention but you are saying it works and that is all that matters. For me 15 seconds is a really long hit. I would more then likely take two hits.

Dreamerr,

rogerrabbit

When I started vaping, I was introduced as "take extremely long, extremely slow hits" so my usual hit is 10-15 seconds. The "active period" is perfect for about 1 hit for me. Like you just said, the beauty of it is that it's not going to release a visable OR smellable release.

Live case study: I'm sitting in my office and I'm having a conversation with one of the biggest prudes of the building. Pulling from the Puffit and he is still standing here clueless to the situation :)

rogerrabbit,

Tim

When I started vaping, I was introduced as "take extremely long, extremely slow hits" so my usual hit is 10-15 seconds. The "active period" is perfect for about 1 hit for me. Like you just said, the beauty of it is that it's not going to release a visable OR smellable release.

Live case study: I'm sitting in my office and I'm having a conversation with one of the biggest prudes of the building. Pulling from the Puffit and he is still standing here clueless to the situation :)

How's the smell of the Puffit with a packed bowl when turned off?

Tim,

Dreamerr

That is to funny. I can't wait to use it in NY and nobody the wiser. Hmmmmmm can I do it in a no smoking room, I suppose so. Woohoo:D

Dreamerr,

valence

I got a wall charger with mine. it's identical to the ones that come with iOS devices except it is black instead of white so if you have an iphone I'd just use that. I'm curious about why I got one and others didn't though.

I too would like to know about the "correct" way to clean the vapor path. After almost a week of use I am starting to see some buildup.

valence,

VisiblyVaped

The thing with Gv now, so many of us paid full price when technically they did not have it and it was still "pre order"

I feel jipped. And I want mine with a wall charger.....

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

How many hits on a trench assuming you take the one 15 second hit each time? Is the air cool so you don't cough?

Dreamerr,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
ordered june 9 and received today.

I medicate for nausea and even after all the comments on the plastic taste I was ready for it but the first load made me sick. Three hours later I tried again and I didnt get sick but tasted like crap. I am going to keep trying untill the chemical taste is gone but so far I am disappointed. I have yet to taste any herb. I would view the effect from one load as half way there, like it almost worked.

It could well be me as this is the first convection I have owned so weigh my reaction accordingly.

Also I didnt get the wall charger but then Andrew did say the first shipment (dogman is one) would get an extra value, so it was limited to that load only I guess. I bought it knowing there was no 110 adapter so live and let live.

So thats it, I will keep at it, I must be doing something wrong
fine grind - check
pack - check
pull slowly - check
How many hits on a trench assuming you take the one 15 second hit each time? Is the air cool so you don't cough?
the air is slightly warm and I hit it 20 times a load and couldnt tell the first draw from the last and the ABV was a med/light brown

BoxofRock,

valence

ordered june 9 and received today.

I medicate for nausea and even after all the comments on the plastic taste I was ready for it but the first load made me sick. Three hours later I tried again and I didnt get sick but tasted like crap. I am going to keep trying untill the chemical taste is gone but so far I am disappointed. I have yet to taste any herb. I would view the effect from one load as half way there, like it almost worked.

It could well be me as this is the first convection I have owned so weigh my reaction accordingly.

Also I didnt get the wall charger but then Andrew did say the first shipment (dogman is one) would get an extra value, so it was limited to that load only I guess. I bought it knowing there was no 110 adapter so live and let live.

So thats it, I will keep at it, I must be doing something wrong
fine grind - check
pack - check
pull slowly - check

the air is slightly warm and I hit it 20 times a load and couldnt tell the first draw from the last and the ABV was a med/light brown

Keep at it if you can. I think there is a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. It took me a few days to get really good at using the PuFFit. Those first two days befor the plastic taste dissipated were rough I agree. Between not being that proficient with it and the taste, I was not really happy with the purchase. a few days after that I started to do really well with it and really like it now.

Maybe the same will be true for you. Someone suggested earlier to put mint or something in it and run it a bunch to get rid of the plastic taste. I wish I had thought of that and I'd recommend doing that to everyone before using it.

aj0125

So I have vaped about 2 bowls out of it and here is my honest 1st impression review:
Bowl #1: I lightly packed a bowl and set the wheel to 7 and waited patiently. 1st hit tasted like plastic crap. Several more cycles in and all I was getting is plastic taste, no visible vapor. I turned the wheel up full blast and got a hint of flavor, still no vapor. Was honestly starting to be disappointed by the end of the 1st bowl. I have no other portables to compare to and have only used cheap old school box vapes and my Volcano.
Bowl #2: After being disappointed with bowl #1 I thought about what I could be doing wrong. My grind was super fine but I decided to really pack the bowl this time. I filled it up, packed it down and repeated the process until I had a nice fat, firmly packed bowl. I started at full temp this time and my 1st hit made me cough quite a bit as a reasonably sized vapor cloud exited my body. I finished the 2nd bowl with much better results than the first.
Bottom line: After a disappointing start the 2nd bowl experience was pretty pleasant and I am anxious to try the unit further to get a better feel for it. Packing it tight makes a world of difference.
Side note: My unit's battery died when the battery light still said green. After it died again the battery light said orange. That was kind of weird.

aj0125,

rogerrabbit

So I have vaped about 2 bowls out of it and here is my honest 1st impression review:
Bowl #1: I lightly packed a bowl and set the wheel to 7 and waited patiently. 1st hit tasted like plastic crap. Several more cycles in and all I was getting is plastic taste, no visible vapor. I turned the wheel up full blast and got a hint of flavor, still no vapor. Was honestly starting to be disappointed by the end of the 1st bowl. I have no other portables to compare to and have only used cheap old school box vapes and my Volcano.
Bowl #2: After being disappointed with bowl #1 I thought about what I could be doing wrong. My grind was super fine but I decided to really pack the bowl this time. I filled it up, packed it down and repeated the process until I had a nice fat, firmly packed bowl. I started at full temp this time and my 1st hit made me cough quite a bit as a reasonably sized vapor cloud exited my body. I finished the 2nd bowl with much better results than the first.
Bottom line: After a disappointing start the 2nd bowl experience was pretty pleasant and I am anxious to try the unit further to get a better feel for it. Packing it tight makes a world of difference.
Side note: My unit's battery died when the battery light still said green. After it died again the battery light said orange. That was kind of weird.

I just had the battery die when it indicated green as well. Interesting thought on packing it. I may try packing mine more to see how that changes is.

rogerrabbit,

Dreamerr

It sounds like the units are damaged. I hope discrete vape comes and answers that concern. I hope it is just a software issue reading incorrectly. How many trenches did Andrew say the batteries should last?

Dreamerr,

rogerrabbit

It sounds like the units are damaged. I hope discrete vape comes and answers that concern. I hope it is just a software issue reading incorrectly. How many trenches did Andrew say the batteries should last?

The issue to me feels more like the indicator is incorrect. The unit gets good use on a battery run.

rogerrabbit,

Dreamerr

Good to know. I guess that software update needs to be fixed since that is what was suppose to help us with the battery. It was an addon in the unit and maybe needs fixing. It isn't a big deal since you said the use is good but it would be helpful if it worked the way he wanted it to.

Dreamerr,

vape4life

Banned for life
Screw the software update, let's get this plastic taste shit fixed pronto...starting to remind me of the Solo release a year ago. Hopefully their new process fixes this for good...i'm actually surprised they let these older units go out...i know they said that residue is safe, but if it offers that strong of a taste of plastic i'd be pretty apprehensive myself. We are talking inhalation into the lungs here....why should we have to be guinea pigs and "suffer" through 2-3 days before it subsides?

vape4life,
Reactions: BoxofRock

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
vapforlife
Screw the software update, let's get this plastic taste shit fixed pronto...starting to remind me of the Solo release a year ago. Hopefully their new process fixes this for good...i'm actually surprised they let these older units go out...i know they said that residue is safe, but if it offers that strong of a taste of plastic i'd be pretty apprehensive myself. We are talking inhalation into the lungs here....why should we have to be guinea pigs and "suffer" through 2-3 days before it subsides?

Andrew said that it was silicon tubing that wasnt pregassed and that was replaced with tubing that was heated to release the gas. He blamed it on food safe lube remaining. I would take that as all the units on this second run had the stinky.
I have not tryed again since my two bowl trial yesturday and may wait a couple of days since I would like to try for a nausea free day today.

BoxofRock,

OF

Is it really a convection vape? I was under the impression it was not. You load the herb in the top, nothing but vents above that, right? I don't see how it could possibly be convection then, not physically possible.

My money's on it being conduction. AFAIK the only portable convection vapes are the T1 and Evolution from TV where the air is heated before passing over the herb. Like Volcano and HA do in table top units.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

max

Out to lunch
Only the bowl in the Magic Flight vape is referred to as a trench. Since this one has the usual round bowl shape-no trench. As for how many hits you get, it's a question with no good answer-too many variables involved, especially how long the person draws. Some would take a 1 second hit, others 5 sec. or more. It's a small portable so no, the hits aren't gonna be cool. Slow hits are the best way to avoid a lot of hot air, as well as assure good vapor production.

OF said:
AFAIK the only portable convection vapes are the T1 and Evolution
There's certainly convection going on here, as there is with other portables. My DaVinci certainly isn't dependent on conduction only. And my Vapolution is as much convection as any home whip vape.

Old 1st gen vapes like the BC Vaporizer, where the herb sits on hot metal and you suck the vapor coming off of it, have traditionally been the vapes described as conduction. When you have herb sitting on a screen there's air flow through the heating chamber and convection happening. Labeling these vapes as conduction doesn't make sense to me. In my mind it labels them as having the inferior design-'the hot plate vape', and there's a world of difference, performance wise.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Is it really a convection vape? I was under the impression it was not. You load the herb in the top, nothing but vents above that, right? I don't see how it could possibly be convection then, not physically possible.

My money's on it being conduction. AFAIK the only portable convection vapes are the T1 and Evolution from TV where the air is heated before passing over the herb. Like Volcano and HA do in table top units.

OF

It is a convection conduction vapourizer. See Puffit Vaporizer's post earlier in this thread.

I mistyped myself. :doh:

Top Bottom