Puffco Proxy

I really like the rounded top, it feels like a joystick. Is yours a similar design? I like how mine almost looks like it's smiling with the white cloud.
Yep, same design. Here’s mine.
IMG-3780.jpg

biohacker

I have drank the Puffco Koolaid. And it is good.

I'm really digging the Proxy and droplet! I used the dry pipe that was included once or twice and was really surprised with how smooth it was. I'm still a water bong guy though, but enjoy the dry once in a while to change it up when my lungs can handle it. The Droplet kicks some serious ass though! WAY more rewarding to see the milk compared to my guardian glass on the pro!

Got the hotknife too (guardian), and this is my first time using one, expensive, but a must have for me now!

SquirrelMaster

Proxy+Droplet > Peak Pro Guardian

It must be because of the glass, but i'm finding i'm preferring the Proxy over the Peak Pro Guardian. Seems to hit better and just love the simplicity of it. Actually thinking of replacing the Guardian with a second Proxy! lol
The simplicity of the Proxy is a huge selling point imo. I really like my Guardian but app is terrible (connection issues). I'm trying to keep my Guardian as my wet dab device and my Proxy's for dry dabbing but there are some nice Proxy bubblers out there from Puffco and the afternarket. I made that rule for myselfso I won't even consider all the nice (but typically more expensive) bubblers lol.

biohacker

The simplicity of the Proxy is a huge selling point imo. I really like my Guardian but app is terrible (connection issues). I'm trying to keep my Guardian as my wet dab device and my Proxy's for dry dabbing but there are some nice Proxy bubblers out there from Puffco and the afternarket. I made that rule for myselfso I won't even consider all the nice (but typically more expensive) bubblers lol.

Do you have the Droplet? It's AWESOME. I agree about the Guardian, LOVE it... but the app connection can test my patience.

florduh

705799_d35191184d0c41f099772519ac84251c~mv2.webp

705799_bd2e465bedad4b4b9f5a63c88a8716a8~mv2.webp

This bad boy costs $940.

An idiot: "wow, that's really expensive..."

Me, a genius: "lol, it's basically free!"

I simply puff on that bad boy outside someplace astrology chicks and crystal mommies congregate. I'll thoughtfully offer to tell them their futures for $50 a pop. 20 crystal mommies later, I'm in profit.

Stay on that grind, fellas! 💪📈

Manako_

I have received a replacement for the Proxy that I complained about when I had clamping problems on the pipe and the same version with two joints has arrived.
Has anyone else had this happen to you?
Should I claim the new version?

Manako_,

SquirrelMaster

I have received a replacement for the Proxy that I complained about when I had clamping problems on the pipe and the same version with two joints has arrived.
Has anyone else had this happen to you?
Should I claim the new version?
If the new one falls out you'll probsbly have to send them another video. Puffco must not know what they're sending out? Or someone goofed? I'm surprised they have 2 lip versions anymore, I thought they were long gone.

SquirrelMaster,

biohacker

I'm surprised they have 2 lip versions anymore, I thought they were long gone.

I'm surprised the 2 lip made it past beta testing!

This 5 click on white rainbow mode is insane! 620f and crush a bb in one huge and also tasty rip!

The Proxy can be a session vape or a one hitter choose your own adventure!

@JCat did you get any of the toys you posted links to when you got yours? I HIGHLY recommend the Droplet and it's only $130cdn on sale right now from an authorized retailer here on the west coast.

SquirrelMaster

First night with the Dragons Kiss attachment was a success. The spikes on the back if the dragon obstruct cleaning the Proxy a little, but it's not that bad. The first couple dabs felt a little awkward looking for the mouthpiece but I quickly adjusted. I think a desert Proxy would look really good in the same setup so I'll be keeping an eye out for a good sale.

MolecularConcept

hey guys , its been a while, just picked up a proxy for my birthday! im really digging it. going t oget some custom glass soon. they should have had the bluetooth connectivity on this , but im sure there will be a proxy pro in a few years

i only paid 216 for it , i thought it was a scam, but alas it arrived!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I see all this expensive glass people are making for the Proxy, and I'm confused.

I'm confused because this is a little electronic unit with a battery that may not be very replaceable, and I have a hard time understanding justifying heady high-end glass that lasts forever, for an electronic unit that may be obsolete in a couple years.

Can someone help me to alleviate this confusion? Is this device a lot more long-term, user repairable, battery swappable, with available parts to purchase than I am gathering?

someTooL

I thought the same way @Ramahs. And intended to stay with stock pipe and a cheaper bubbler. But… after getting know this unit, I figured it’d be being reached for quite a bit so let’s enjoy it. Kind of figure that the proxy platform will be around for a while too, maybe longer than me :myday:

Now with all this said, I also have a plan to have an insert made (like the current flower bowl for the proxy) that will accommodate an 18mm joint. Well, that’s future plans…may need to write that down so I remember.

TangibleHangnail

I got this for mine but haven't tried it yet.

I got this for mine but haven't tried it yet.

That’s the one I’m using in my photo above. Also, just recognized your user name, how’s that OGB carb adapter treating you? ;)

I can see the concerns re: device longevity when it comes to the heady glass, but yeah, I kinda feel like the Proxy form factor will be around for a while, so that does help.

florduh

I'm confused because this is a little electronic unit with a battery that may not be very replaceable, and I have a hard time understanding justifying heady high-end glass that lasts forever, for an electronic unit that may be obsolete in a couple years.

I kind of feel the same way about buying expensive heady glass that only works with one specific company's vape with a sealed battery. But this isn't any different than the Peak. That glass market has been going strong for a while now.

Best I can tell, the Proxy is a hit. So the product should be around until Puffco folds. If it's popular enough, maybe there will be after market battery replacement services. I remember Maxvapor doing that for the Peak.

I'm sort of surprised no one has knocked off the electronic hash pipe concept yet. I'd take a look at a competitor's version without so much silicone in the vapor path. Though the silicone is what allows the Proxy to easily pop into different pieces.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
But this isn't any different than the Peak.

Right, which is part of why I never jumped on the peak.

So the product should be around until Puffco folds.

Which is exactly the worry. With this still being such a new and evolving market, I figure it's 50/50 or worse chance for any of these companies to still be around/relevant in a decade.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom