Puffco Proxy

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's a bit more silicone than the Peak cause as soon as the vapor expands it's going to touch all of that cylindrical surface area. It's not just the length of the silicone but the total area from the large diameter.

That's why the cat hairs are stuck around it because oil has touched it.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
@invertedisdead

I get 6 cycles from a fully charged proxy on
red mode with boosting 3-4 times each dab.
Maybe u can squeeze out those 1-2 more from reddit if one stays more on blue/green mode.
For me its enuf to get me through the day cuz im limited on rosin, but for others or more then one it could get boring in particular if no power source is near by 😁

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Yeah, I also alrdy spent a thought on this, more hammer style then Sherlock and lining the stem straight up with the hole on the proxy,
guess It may have some downsides on cooling but on the other hand...rly have to say that im pretty happy as is, taste is rly great even stock.
Can't wait for my ball cap to arrive today, will report back on that aswell :)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Reporting back, so first thing first...if u buy the travelpack u DONT need a seperate Ballcap...one is included with the pack..i did not read
carfully and have now 2 lol...for function..works as expected..better than stock...better clouds and so even blue/green mode are way more interesting for me now :)

What annoys ME a bit is that with the travelpack installed the proxy gets too big to fit into the box, also handling with the ballcap is a bit more fiddly then the stock one...for stationary use ok since u do get better performance but one the run i can see myself using the stock one..more stealth and just simpler.

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Puffco decided not to ship my unit this week? I guess we’ll see if they have time next week.

I placed my order last Friday!!!

Last edited:
LAWTHEONE,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Not sure how I got so lucky, but I won a giveaway on Instagram and it arrived today so I can now say I am a proud owner of a Proxy along with a beautiful pipe and stand!!

Heading to dispensary for some concentrates so I can start playing at once!
More to follow!!

Oh, and thanks @Summer for tagging me - I never would have known about it otherwise!

florduh

Not sure how I got so lucky, but I won a giveaway on Instagram and it arrived today so I can now say I am a proud owner of a Proxy along with a beautiful pipe and stand!!

More to follow!!

Oh, and thanks @Summer for tagging me - I never would have known about it otherwise!

Holy shit, congrats! Looking forward to the review.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

More to follow!!

Wow I am so thrilled for you, you definitely deserve this luck my friend!! @Summer paying it forward too! Looking forward to your thoughts, concentrate wise I'd stick with the high quality live resin and pure rosin ideally... That pipe is so interesting, wood pathway inside?? There are a lot of sources now for proxy glass bowls for any rig or hook, I think are worth picking up, enjoy!

florduh

More to follow!!

Not sure if you have one lying around but I keep hearing a 3-4mm terp pearl is borderline necessary to really get the most out of it. I found that was helpful on the OG Peak too.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

More to follow!!

Congrats @Jill NYC! That's a massive win! Keep us posted.

The buckets look very similar to the DTV5 cups, which I love. I believe they also heat from the sides.

Also agree on the live resin and hash rosin if you can get it. That's all I use now.

Oil420FL

I had the original Carta, HVT Sequoia, the Dr Dabber Switch, and the T Bucket by Cannabis Hardware. I still own them all except I sold the Carta.
I just jumped in to see what this is all about! This is my first Puffco product.
It will be interesting to see how the Proxy compares to your other devices. I have a Switch but am waiting to get a deal on the Proxy at a local dispensary

florduh

It will be interesting to see how the Proxy compares to your other devices. I have a Switch but am waiting to get a deal on the Proxy at a local dispensary

That's my plan as well. Pretty sure I can eventually get it at around $200 with discounts, which is the correct price.

Here's the Proxy vs the Pro.

It looks like the Pro will put out more vapor at a high temp, but I think quarter gram dabs are absurd with my tolerance.

The heatup times were more similar than I thought. And while globs aren't as easy to do without water cooling, I don't do globs.

Texus

That's my plan as well. Pretty sure I can eventually get it at around $200 with discounts, which is the correct price.

Here's the Proxy vs the Pro.

It looks like the Pro will put out more vapor at a high temp, but I think quarter gram dabs are absurd with my tolerance.

The heatup times were more similar than I thought. And while globs aren't as easy to do without water cooling, I don't do globs.
But there are also the "Easter Egg" temps that will let the Proxy go higher. At presumably significant impact on the battery. And loving the aftermarket glass I am seeing for the Proxy, which may be the coolest part about it at the moment.

florduh

But there are also the "Easter Egg" temps that will let the Proxy go higher. At presumably significant impact on the battery. And loving the aftermarket glass I am seeing for the Proxy, which may be the coolest part about it at the moment.

Watching the video again, it actually seems like they produce similar vapor. It's just on the second dab the guy with the Proxy started getting overwhelmed. That 3D atty did eat that whole glob though.

Top Bottom