Puffco Hot Knife

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I need a dab tool that opens and closes with a trigger. Say a long piece and a ball at the end that opens up with a trigger and is spring loaded to close once you get a tiny ball full or you let go of the trigger. Does anything like that exist?
I have a slick tool from XcaliburSwords, it is a sheathed samurai sword but not spring loaded.

After 700 odd dabs on my Peak Pro and sucking more than $50 worth of rosin off my fingers, I finally purchased a Hot Knife...should be here any month now!
do post your thoughts!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,

caphector

I've got the Puffco Hot Knife; I really like it for scooping concentrates.

Would be nice if it was a bit smaller - feels like it's less easy to titrate than with a thinner ti tool. Wish there were more options for heated tools to assist with putting concentrates into the bowl. I checked if I could do a short / very low-temp cycle on the Peak Pro to heat up just enough to heat up a dabber and melt off the concentrate, but no dice.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Do you use yours for all dabs, or do you also still use normal tools at all?
Has the hot knife taken over?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

caphector

Swapped over to it almost entirely; as far as I can tell it performs just as well as a regular metal tool, with the caveat that I don't like to scrape down the walls of jars - the tip is a tad wide for that.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you use yours for all dabs, or do you also still use normal tools at all?
Got mine yesterday and it is great for cold loading my Puffco, I will still use my normal Ti dabber for my eNail...for now.
I have been scraping up a dab with the hot knife cold and working the dab to the sharp tip of the knife by scraping on the side of my dab container so there is as small an amount of rosin to melt off as possible as there is always a tiny smear left on the ceramic.
I will then pulse the button when over the bowl to get as little heat as needed to get the rosin to fall off, the tiny bit left is then squeegeed off on the side of my silicon container. That smear is easily picked up when cool by my Ti dabber next hot hit time.
The ceramic is a bit rough when new so this may get easier for the rosin to slip off as it gets smoothed with use over time similar to the stock atty in the Peak Pro.
This stuff is not too bad to get off a dab stick compared to some fresh stuff I have pressed but it is still a pain without the Hotknife!
1636173258924.jpg

I will follow up after I have used it more but so far I like it...even if it is overpriced!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Got mine yesterday and it is great for cold loading my Puffco, I will still use my normal Ti dabber for my eNail...for now.
I have been scraping up a dab with the hot knife cold and working the dab to the sharp tip of the knife by scraping on the side of my dab container so there is as small an amount of rosin to melt off as possible as there is always a tiny smear left on the ceramic.
I will then pulse the button when over the bowl to get as little heat as needed to get the rosin to fall off, the tiny bit left is then squeegeed off on the side of my silicon container. That smear is easily picked up when cool by my Ti dabber next hot hit time.
The ceramic is a bit rough when new so this may get easier for the rosin to slip off as it gets smoothed with use over time similar to the stock atty in the Peak Pro.
This stuff is not too bad to get off a dab stick compared to some fresh stuff I have pressed but it is still a pain without the Hotknife!
View attachment 14101

I will follow up after I have used it more but so far I like it...even if it is overpriced!
Any more thoughts on this @LesPlenty ?
Good buy or goodbye?
Thanks

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: 710yota

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Good buy or goodbye?
The best thing for cold loading my rosin into portables on the go. It still feels a bit flimsy as the ceramic blade is thin and seems to wriggle a bit. For at-home loading on a hot surface, I use my Globfather Ti and would think a DrDabber Budder Cutter would probably be a better bet if you want a hot knife daily driver unless you really want a ceramic device to be metal-free.

JollyGreenGiant

IMG_4503.jpg

I have the Indiglow version. I think it sucks. The ceramic tip is too big, it wiggles inside of the chassis, so when you're trying to "scoop" out concentrate it constantly feels like you're about to break it, a fair amount of product stays on the "hot blade" and goes to waste when you have to clean it off with a q-tip, and the list goes on and on. Built quality is trash, the cap fits on askew and sits at a downward angle (see pics), and sometimes the "on" switch doesn't respond. That said, from 6+ feet away, next to the Indiglow Peak Pro, it does look cool.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
goes to waste when you have to clean it off with a q-tip
I wipe any excess rosin off my blade onto the inside lip of my concentrate dish if any is left on it while warm. I also tap the button before trying to scoop any solid rosin with a warm blade so it does not feel as if it is about to break as I scoop.
It definitely should have better build quality for the price.
Also, @JollyGreenGiant that Indiglow version looks great...both devices!

Top Bottom