Puffco Hot Knife

doctapeppa

Anyone have one of these yet? I'd love to know how well this actually works and if there is any residue left (and if so how much) on it after you use it.

The Puffco Hot Knife is an electronic heated loading tool. It makes loading your concentrates a simple, clean, and effective process. No more dirty dab tools, sticky residue on clothing or surfaces, or having to wipe concentrates on the side of the bowl. Just hold down the button, and your oil drops right off in 3 seconds.

doctapeppa,
Reactions: RobbIt

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It seems like the same concept but the Puffco has a ceramic tip. See pic here: https://www.puffco.com/products/the-puffco-hot-knife
Looks like a good idea, I often seem to get a bit of concentrate run down the outside of my Halo when I try to wipe off the little drop of oil that always seems to stay on my Happy Daddy The Globfather dabber(not much difference in price).
I would never use it heated for cutting up concentrate myself but as the site says it can be used as a dabbing tool, you grab a dab with the unit cold then place over your dab surface, press the button and the dab slides off the ceramic when warm enough without having to touch the dab surface with the dabber itself.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
This is one of those things that I could see being really nice since I always seem to have a bit of leftover concentrate but just as much as I could see myself not using it after it goes dead. Tempting but I don't know if its 50 bucks tempting especially since as said above I could just use my banger to pre-heat my tool. I think if I was going to jump into the exotic world of heated dabbing tools I would go for the Budder Cutter for the different heads, it is funny though that this is the Puffco product that I find most interesting.

doctapeppa

Just leave your dabber (point end in your hot banger for 10 secs) and it will cut through thick concentrates easily
I don't have a problem getting my material off the dabber. I just a have a (possibly slightly neurotic) problem getting it completely off. I've left all sorts of dabbers in nails for all sort of lengths of time but there is always a bit of sticky icky left on it. Maybe it's because I'm on the lower end of temps?

Looks like a good idea, I often seem to get a bit of concentrate run down the outside of my Halo when I try to wipe off the little drop of oil that always seems to stay on my Happy Daddy The Globfather dabber(not much difference in price).
I would never use it heated for cutting up concentrate myself but as the site says it can be used as a dabbing tool, you grab a dab with the unit cold then place over your dab surface, press the button and the dab slides off the ceramic when warm enough without having to touch the dab surface with the dabber itself.

If it really stays clean after my wax comes off I'll buy one. I think this is a pretty darn cool gadget if that's what it does.. Also I've had pleasant experiences with other Puffco products. I'm skeptical though because the video showing it in action cuts off the EXACT moment the dab falls off...and that's when we can see if there's anything left on it. If this is just a warm "knife" kind of thing like the Budder Cutter or if it's just to press the button so the oil comes off the dabber but..... I still gotta clean it...then I'm not interested.

doctapeppa,
Reactions: LesPlenty

justcametomind

The real question is: if you buy 2 hot knives you can hot knife?

Lunch Knives GIF by Funimation

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Maybe they're targeting vape pen users? Back when I was using coil-based pens all day, I'd always blast my dabber with a lighter to get the dab to slide off and into the tiny little coil opening. It was always a little sketchy but some dabs were so sticky that there was no other way, so I could see the utility here.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Can you use it in self defense or interrogation ? Stab someone and press the heat button ?
Atmos and dr dabber had both similar products,and maybe others a few others years back

Last edited:

damm

When I used to dab, I would put the rosin on a dab tool and then sit the tool on the edge of the d-nail sic dish (halo) and wait for it to drop in, then carb it and go.

However, if you are using a Puffco Peak Pro kind of user (which this is targeted for) would love it. I suspect that is why it is sold out.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you have an IH, you have a metal heating tool already.
Not really practical to carry in a pocket compared to this, same with the DrDabber big version especially to cold load many devices. I also find it nearly impossible to pick up my rosin with a warm dabber.
I would put the rosin on a dab tool and then sit the tool on the edge of the d-nail sic dish (halo) and wait for it to drop in, then carb it and go.
I still do...many times a day but always end up with a tiny 'puddle' on the end of my Globfather dab stick.

LesPlenty,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I posed the question a few years back, has anyone done significant research on which dab tool tips will retain the least amount of material?

In my limited research, the smaller, diamond shaped tips [that come standard with many tools included with cheap wax pens] offer the best versatility without clinging onto oil. I also have some SantaCruzShredder ballpoint tips that do remarkably well in this regard, but they are really difficult to pick up any real sizable dab with these tools, unless it is like a sticky oil but ballpoints do not work with all material. All other tips I have used, scoops, swords, etc, all tend to hang on to a little more oil than I like.

I have an outrageously sexy, one of a kind dab tool made by XCalibur Swords, has something like 40 gems on it... I hate to admit it, but I tend to use other tools that depart from the oil better than the katana tip.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I posed the question a few years back, has anyone done significant research on which dab tool tips will retain the least amount of material?

In my limited research, the smaller, diamond shaped tips [that come standard with many tools included with cheap wax pens] offer the best versatility without clinging onto oil. I also have some SantaCruzShredder ballpoint tips that do remarkably well in this regard, but they are really difficult to pick up any real sizable dab with these tools, unless it is like a sticky oil but ballpoints do not work with all material. All other tips I have used, scoops, swords, etc, all tend to hang on to a little more oil than I like.

I have an outrageously sexy, one of a kind dab tool made by XCalibur Swords, has something like 40 gems on it... I hate to admit it, but I tend to use other tools that depart from the oil better than the katana tip.

Rogue wax works as a titanium GR2 tip that is pretty nice, instead of a ballpoint it is a flat disc tip, still not ideal for large dabs though he does have a wide variety of other tips so I'm sure something will work well! For Dad's I mostly use his regular flat tips in the different shapes, the wide sword blade or completely rectangle tip for me, if I'm careful how I load at the tip and how I put it in the hot banger, I can get minimal left behind, so in general it is a phenomenon that has been bothering me, when you finish and look at the steel tool to see all the oil on it...

Kins

I need a dab tool that opens and closes with a trigger. Say a long piece and a ball at the end that opens up with a trigger and is spring loaded to close once you get a tiny ball full or you let go of the trigger. Does anything like that exist?

Kins,

purpletweed

I need a dab tool that opens and closes with a trigger. Say a long piece and a ball at the end that opens up with a trigger and is spring loaded to close once you get a tiny ball full or you let go of the trigger. Does anything like that exist?
You could try something like these retractable toothpicks. I bought these awhile ago, though they seem to be unavailable now, and they work nicely for me; a bunch of similar products still exist on Amazon.

braindamage

Even though this is an elaborate and expensive picking tool for your erig/dab rig, I think it's pretty dope. The technology seems simple enough and I'm sure there's going to be replica/homages of this coming out soon. I wouldn't mind paying $20 for one. $50 a bit much but to each their own.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
After 700 odd dabs on my Peak Pro and sucking more than $50 worth of rosin off my fingers, I finally purchased a Hot Knife...should be here any month now!

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom