Press bags micron sizes and brands

MegaMan2k

Hey i know we have been over this a few times in the DIY Rosin thread but thought it would be easier to navigate the information if there was a stand-alone thread for discussing micron sizes and brands.

I use Rosin Evolution bags, 160 micron for flower for the longest time, however i just pressed alot of herb in 15 micron filters and i really liked the result!
Generally speaking the 90-160 is what ive heard people use for flower, and 15-37 for hash, so this goes abit against what i have learned over the years...

Please share ur experiences with the different bags you have used, which micron sizes do you prefer for which application? And which brands?

more 15 microns ready to go :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been pressing flower in hash bags since 2017 when my buddy Psychonaut sent me an article from a team who won the cannabis cup by doing that.

The way I see it, there's more potential contaminants when pressing flower, so the small micron bags make sense to me. And one less item to stock makes it all the easier. I definitely recommend small micron bags.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I've been pressing flower in hash bags since 2017 when my buddy Psychonaut sent me an article from a team who won the cannabis cup by doing that.

The way I see it, there's more potential contaminants when pressing flower, so the small micron bags make sense to me. And one less item to stock makes it all the easier. I definitely recommend small micron bags.
Haven't seen him in seemingly forever now?

shredder

If you pre press pucks it makes a difference. At least pressing horizontal in my press. I generally use 160 micron bags and pre press pucks. I rarely get blow outs anymore. I have tried 25 micron bags for sift hash, but went back to 90's because I did not get any contaminates with the larger pore size, and I felt the yield was better.

BUT, I use a 20 ton press with 3 x 5 plates. That may make a difference, idk.

HighSqueeze

Manufacturer
Hey i know we have been over this a few times in the DIY Rosin thread but thought it would be easier to navigate the information if there was a stand-alone thread for discussing micron sizes and brands.

I use Rosin Evolution bags, 160 micron for flower for the longest time, however i just pressed alot of herb in 15 micron filters and i really liked the result!
Generally speaking the 90-160 is what ive heard people use for flower, and 15-37 for hash, so this goes abit against what i have learned over the years...

Please share ur experiences with the different bags you have used, which micron sizes do you prefer for which application? And which brands?

more 15 microns ready to go :D
If you would ever like to talk about rosin extraction, we are happy to share our ideas.
We have be selling our rosin bags for the last 6 years and paper for a year.
Always happy to help.

HighSqueeze,

HighSqueeze

Manufacturer
Some say that the 15u with flowers the bag will block. The condition of the herb makes and massive difference, dry and dusty is a no.
Some pre filter by double bagging : putting a 160u, 120u, 90u, 72u inside the finer bag. This also helps with strength.

WelshBrok

Are the press club bags as good as the internet claims? Any opninions on best brand? I’ve been using the duly tech ones that I ordered with the press and they are much better than the ones I was getting from vapefiend in the U.K.

Also this makes a lot of sense, wonder why the advice always seems to be 90u. Do you have the link to the article anywhere?

also are lower micron bags stronger/less likely to blow out? In thinking thinner but higher thread count may share the pressure better across the puck than fewer thicker threads

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are the press club bags as good as the internet claims? Any opninions on best brand? I’ve been using the duly tech ones that I ordered with the press and they are much better than the ones I was getting from vapefiend in the U.K.

Also this makes a lot of sense, wonder why the advice always seems to be 90u. Do you have the link to the article anywhere?

also are lower micron bags stronger/less likely to blow out? In thinking thinner but higher thread count may share the pressure better across the puck than fewer thicker threads

I think people think because they don't see contaminant in their larger micron bag presses that going smaller doesn't make a difference, but then I learned that any contaminant ~50 microns or smaller is nearly invisible to the naked eye, so the actual differences between finer bags wouldn't necessarily be easily identified visually. But IMO I can tell in the texture of the rosin, fine micron bags produce something closer to hash rosin IME, which I think vapes up a little bit cleaner.

MegaMan2k

@invertedisdead

I would agree with that,
tested out 160/90/37/15 on the same material and it just seems to me that the 37 and especially the 15 melts more like water compared to the 90/160, and there is no black spots or anything like that left in the banger after a dab,

WelshBrok

Does anyone resell the press clubs bags in U.K. or have any recommendations for the highest possible quality alternative? Just seen that the international shipping costs the same as 50 bags :doh:

WelshBrok,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom