Powerful Portable Showdown.

Jah75

I shouldn’t even be asking this (I swore I wouldn’t succumb to vas...), but does the FW7 have to make rip or can one take smaller puffs and stretch it a bowl out over a day? I’m a low tolerance user and was originally considering it, but ended up with a Woodscents with the plan to take the DV on the go.

I definitely need to spend more time with the dv to see if I can do lower temps over the entire load, but I’m a sucker for the FW aesthetics. If there’s a 420 sale I’ll be mighty tempted if it can handle smaller doses/puffs.
you can definitely take short puffs, thanks to the conduction and convection it does very well with shallow puffs. You will basically hold till buzz, hit for 2 secs then release while hitting for an additional 3 seconds. The cooldown seems to be always at around 3 seconds or so. Then as soon as the draw is finished and the bowl cooled you can put it away if you like till later

RobbIt

FW7 cracks in half at the battery compartment (because it's made of wood lol), and the Tafee has breath sense FW issues and short battery life issues and flimsy button issues. New vapes have problems. News at 11.

But I'll grant you that you can freak out the Dotleaf Firmware once in a blue moon and it will go into infinite heatup and combust and crack the oven. It needs some work before it's out of beta.
It is apparent that Dotleaf release was premature, although I haven’t had any issues with mine so far after about 25 ovens. (Ugh: I also bought a spare oven which is still in the box).
My sense is that Dotleaf will make good on any issues that come up but the early adaptors like me were the betas.

RobbIt

Hello everyone! This is my first post and right now VAS has me in it's grips. So I purchased a TerpTorch last week and this thing fucking rocks!! I'm coming from using a PoTV through the WPA and a S&B Plenty (rips but super inefficient).

The TerpTorch has my desktop itch scratched for the time being. But I'm in the market for a more 'powerful' portable. I have a high tolerance (1 oz every 2 weeks), and having to pack the One multiple times to get 'right' feels unsatisfying.

I'd enjoy something that gives me big rips without needing to be ran through a waterpipe. I've narrowed my choices down to the Tetra p80, the Tinymight, and the Mighty. I really love the look of the p80s and the Tinymight. Though I've heard they're hard to come by. I'm curious to what the experts recommend? Thank you for all your feedback!
I am waiting for the next Tetra drop and I don’t yet own a Tinymight but here’s my current favorite portables:

1. Mighty
2. Solo II
3. Arc GT
4. Pax 3
5. Crafty (but I’m on my fourth warranty replacement in 2 years. The Crafty+ is supposedly more reliable.

RobbIt,

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hello everyone! This is my first post and right now VAS has me in it's grips. So I purchased a TerpTorch last week and this thing fucking rocks!! I'm coming from using a PoTV through the WPA and a S&B Plenty (rips but super inefficient).

The TerpTorch has my desktop itch scratched for the time being. But I'm in the market for a more 'powerful' portable. I have a high tolerance (1 oz every 2 weeks), and having to pack the One multiple times to get 'right' feels unsatisfying.

I'd enjoy something that gives me big rips without needing to be ran through a waterpipe. I've narrowed my choices down to the Tetra p80, the Tinymight, and the Mighty. I really love the look of the p80s and the Tinymight. Though I've heard they're hard to come by. I'm curious to what the experts recommend? Thank you for all your feedback!
Hey PharohJ!
I’m new here as well and it looks like I’m one stop behind you on the VAS express. I recently got a Plenty then an MFLB and I’m about to pull the trigger on the Terp Torch I think. Since it’s a new vape I’m worried about how long it will last but it’s a soldering iron and they last forever so idk what I’m worried about.

Next I would be looking to get a portable and since I vape for relief from intense nerve pain I need one that will deliver the goods to without delay. I had zeroed in on the Healthy Rips Fierce and depending on what the other members have to say about it you might consider it! Unfortunately it is currently undergoing a redesign so it is not available for sale yet but I will not need a portable until rona season is over anyway so I’m content to wait for a bit and see. If they haven’t announced anything by 420 I might take a deal and get a different heavy portable.

I’m a noob so I only know about it from video reviews and product information on their website but it has a lot of features that enticed me:
Removable battery (I originally said 2 removable 18650 batteries which is incorrect)
.2g chamber
Recessed area around bowl for easy packing
Great airflow
Powerful heater

If these sound good to you check out Sneaky Pete’s review

at 5:10 he talks about how powerful it is and tries unsuccessfully to overpower the heater.

Another big reason I wanted a Healthy Rips vape is if it ever stops working you can buy a new one for 1/2 the price of the original. Compare this to a Mighty which will be great but when it stops working after the warranty ends you will have to buy another at full price.

I hope I’m not out of line suggesting a different vape! Just thought you might like another option that’s on the cheaper side, should be like $200. I’m a noob though so make sure to research it yourself and see what these nice people here have to say.

Last edited:

RobbIt

Hey PharohJ!
I’m new here as well and it looks like I’m one stop behind you on the VAS express. I recently got a Plenty then an MFLB and I’m about to pull the trigger on the Terp Torch I think. Since it’s a new vape I’m worried about how long it will last but it’s a soldering iron and they last forever so idk what I’m worried about.

Next I would be looking to get a portable and since I vape for relief from intense nerve pain I need one that will deliver the goods to without delay. I had zeroed in on the Healthy Rips Fierce and depending on what the other members have to say about it you might consider it! Unfortunately it is currently undergoing a redesign so it is not available for sale yet but I will not need a portable until rona season is over anyway so I’m content to wait for a bit and see. If they haven’t announced anything by 420 I might take a deal and get a different heavy portable.

I’m a noob so I only know about it from video reviews and product information on their website but it has a lot of features that enticed me:
Removable battery (I originally said 2 removable 18650 batteries which is incorrect)
.2g chamber
Recessed area around bowl for easy packing
Great airflow
Powerful heater

If these sound good to you check out Sneaky Pete’s review

at 5:10 he talks about how powerful it is and tries unsuccessfully to overpower the heater.

Another big reason I wanted a Healthy Rips vape is if it ever stops working you can buy a new one for 1/2 the price of the original. Compare this to a Mighty which will be great but when it stops working after the warranty ends you will have to buy another at full price.

I hope I’m not out of line suggesting a different vape! Just thought you might like another option that’s on the cheaper side, should be like $200. I’m a noob though so make sure to research it yourself and see what these nice people here have to say.
Thanks for that suggestion ScubaSteveTokes! I’m going to check out the Fierce myself. pharaohJ, you can also find the Solo and Solo II for under $200.

PharaohJ

I'm definitely interested in the Fierce! I own a Planet of the Vapes One, and the Fierce seems like the big brother that'll do just what I need. I'm aware that they're bringing out an updated model soon. The other vapes on my list aside from the Mighty seem to take a while, especially the p80 so waiting isn't an issue! Loving my Terp Torch btw and I think you will too.

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hey so I just realized Healthy Rips responded to my email asking about the Fierce. The new model will be larger like the Fierce but it will not have a user replaceable battery pack. This is disappointing but their lifetime half price replacement policy makes it easier to swallow paying for a new vape every few years or however long this model lasts.

very excited to see how it performs!

Top Bottom