Potent Crush Elite Herb Processor (Grinder)

Summer

Long Island, NY
The mfr. posted this in the Herb Grinder thread:

"Hey all,

I'm Rob, the owner of Potent. I saw a few sales come through this thread. If anyone has any questions about our Crush (Herb Processor), I'm happy to answer."

Here's a detailed vid on the latest version 2. There are other (version 1?) vids available.

If you scroll down in the below reddit thread, you will see that the mfr. has a 6-part, linked post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StonerEngineering/comments/g3flq0
And his IG profile is:

Special attention to these IG posts:

For size:

For grinder function, although can't appreciate fully as it can only be demo'd upside down:

@Retell, should you wish to change the thread's title after you're Mfr status is authorized, just send a PM, via the conversation menu icon, to one of the mods.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
After a cursory looksie, initial impressions:

Pros:
  • Holds 14gr.
  • Design of top & bottom seems to provide good gripping, especially for those with hand issues.
Possible Cons:
  • Grind appears uneven in vid.
  • Despite the somewhat fluffy grind, seems to be a fine or med-fine grind at best. And you know how I live my coarse grind.
Thoughts:
  • Different & attractive design.
  • Appears to function similar to the Flower Mill; grinds by compression.
Now, how to convince @Shit Snacks to buy one. 🤔

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Now, how to convince @Shit Snacks to buy one. 🤔

:wave:Make one in Purple and he'll bite.

:rofl: Normally it takes mentioning my name three times before I appear, but you know I was already lurking here! Also funny because only recently got more into getting purple stuff, I think I still have more blue than anything else actually, though it's possible purple has overtaken it now... Quite a bit of red too!

Not going to bite on this one, I have zero need to grind that much at once, this thing looks huge! I was a little tempted by the easy ergonomics, but yeah looks very similar to the flower mill with less versatility (she was fawning over that grind in the video but it's probably just going into joints, or smoked in a bong, so who cares what she thinks lol)

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Retell

Potent - Founder
Manufacturer
Hey everyone!

I'm Rob the owner of Potent. Thank you for approving my status! A little background on me, I've spent about 16 years enjoying cannabis and 17 years in the PC Gaming industry. I developed hardware for NZXT, Asetek, and Alienware. I began developing the Potent Crush in 2017 and eventually began doing Potent R&D full time by 2018. The jumping off point for the project was my pretty good Space Case 4-piece 3in. It was the last product I'd use before actually getting high and so it was really a lightning rod for highdeas.

Little things like how difficult it was to use with slippery fingers had me craving for a shape that would actually wrap around my whole hand. It would take half a dozen turns to open/close the collection jar, which often resulted in spilled bud because it was never getting closed. The diamond teeth were an inelegant solution to control the amount of processing the bud was facing and would result in inconsistencies in the grind.

The list of improvements just kept growing. So I started modeling it in 3D and then it just snowballed.

Me with the final teeth design in my 3D Printing Bathroom:
In April we launched the Crush 1.0 at $200 and sold 100pcs. It was exceedingly expensive to produce and needed a handful of revisions to make really great. We put sales on pause and reworked the product and production. Crush 2.0 launched the following November at a $140 with free engraving.

Every prototype it took to get to Crush 2.0:
Our next product (The Ashtry) coming early 2021:
Thank you for your interest in our stuffs and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Is there any pics. Not on instagram.
I like large grinders @LesPlenty too i think.
Just snapped these next to a large Phoenician and Space Case:
Thanks, Rob :)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like large grinders
Bigger the better, not a fan of Tupperware though. :rofl:
That review video made the plastic part of the unit look better than the photos though, that said a mason jar adapter would be a great selling point for non-plastic lovers.:tup:
That user video is not very representative of normal 62% RH properly stored pot, it was way too dry and you could see crumbs in the clear collection puck before he even ground it.
A proper review would be nice.:2c:

Summer

Long Island, NY
That user video is not very representative of normal 62% RH properly stored pot, it was way too dry and you could see crumbs in the clear collection puck before he even ground it
That could very well be why I thought the grind looked uneven. I'd like to see moist herb ground.

The bottom should be quite thick like the plastic boxes you get nice jewelry pkg'd in, so it should be quite durable.

Retell

Potent - Founder
Manufacturer
That could very well be why I thought the grind looked uneven. I'd like to see moist herb ground.

The bottom should be quite thick like the plastic boxes you get nice jewelry pkg'd in, so it should be quite durable.
I'm working on getting some very clear macro photos of our finished grind. :)

Here's a bit of a different perspective on the jar. It's hard polycarbonate, pretty much the material in eye glasses.

maremaresing

Saw the posts on stonerengineering for this last year, forgot the name, but went on a hunt for it again today. Glad to see it here. Clearly it has a tantalizing design that sticks in the mind.

TBH I'd love something like this if it was much smaller.

Retell

Potent - Founder
Manufacturer
Saw the posts on stonerengineering for this last year, forgot the name, but went on a hunt for it again today. Glad to see it here. Clearly it has a tantalizing design that sticks in the mind.

TBH I'd love something like this if it was much smaller.
Reading this post completely made my day, thank you for remembering my work. 😋

We'll be launching a smaller edition late this year!

Top Bottom