Portable vaporizer upgrade

ilsasta

Hey folks, I've been thinking to upgrade my portable vaporizer Flowermate 5.0Pro with an Arizer Air. Main reason is the taste. The Flowermate taste turns after few hits into the burned popcorn we all know, and also the first puffs are not so great, in comparison to the EQ I already own.
So I basically would like to upgrade to the Air just to match (or get as close as possible) to the EQ taste.
What are your suggestions? Would the upgrade be worthy tastewise?
Could you suggest me any other portable vaporizer within Air price range that could be paired with a bubbler and giving the option of exchanging batteries?
:leaf::peace:

natural farmer

I don't know about better taste with the Air.... Worst maybe... For me at least. The vapor that stays in the bowl and stem between hits in the Air/Solo is some of the worst tasting vapor I ever had in my mouth. :puke:

You need on-demand heating for best taste.

I think your only option at that price (lower actually) would be the MistVape Touch. Convection, on-demand, replaceable 18650 bat, all Glass/SS/Wood! :tup:

EDIT: The SS Grasshopper as well! A little harsher vapor but stealthier and is able to hit even harder I think...

Last edited:
natural farmer,
Reactions: Adobewan

Adobewan

First, all due respect to our sagely and lovable brethren @natural farmer but I love my Air! I have great love for Arizer products.

Second, if I'm reading your desires right, I'd consider the VapCap. Great flavor and price.
I'd also be on the look out for a used Firefly 1 in the classifieds. They pop up for good prices and the flavor is as good as it gets.

Good luck!

ilsasta

I don't know about better taste with the Air.... Worst maybe... For me at least. The vapor that stays in the bowl and stem between hits in the Air/Solo is some of the worst tasting vapor I ever had in my mouth. :puke:

You need on-demand heating for best taste.

I think your only option at that price (lower actually) would be the MistVape Touch. Convection, on-demand, replaceable 18650 bat, all Glass/SS/Wood! :tup:

EDIT: The SS Grasshopper as well! A little harsher vapor but stealthier and is able to hit even harder I think...

The MistVape looks like something could really attract my attention, good looking vape, portable with exchangeable batteries and ondemand vapour. Will need to check if the manufacturer ships to UK and supplier water adapter for 14mm bubbler.
Not a fun of the grasshopper anyway, but your suggestions have been very helpful and mind opening. Thanks a lot.

Look into the Firewood 4
It shows not available at the moment, will check later.

First, all due respect to our sagely and lovable brethren @natural farmer but I love my Air! I have great love for Arizer products.

Second, if I'm reading your desires right, I'd consider the VapCap. Great flavor and price.
I'd also be on the look out for a used Firefly 1 in the classifieds. They pop up for good prices and the flavor is as good as it gets.

Good luck!
Don't really like the idea of the VapCap, especially because you will always need to have a torch lighter with you and don't like the idea of an all glass vaporizer.

Forgot to mention that the vaporizer would need to be available in UK, or sold with international shipping.

ilsasta,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I also have great love for Arizer products. The Solo and the Arizer Air anyway. IMO the Solo has better taste for me than the Air. The Solo is a large portable for these days but it is a tank. Often it will withstand a fall without much damage. I've said this before it is the workhorse of session portables. It will still be working when all your other portables are broken and discarded.

Both units are very well made. The AA is more stealth if that's what you need. Either unit will last you a long time.

Check out the Milaana or the Haze v3. The Milaana is an on demand unit with no temp controls. There is a trigger you press when you need more heat to your meds.

You could buy a Grasshopper from Vapefiend. I don't have one but I have all the vaporizers that I mentioned above. Folks say the GH is a bit hot but has great flavor. Eventually I hope to buy one. I'm not in any hurry. My next vape will be another log vape a Woodscents from @Ed's TnT . They should be ready in a couple months.

Last edited:

ilsasta

I also have great love for Arizer products. The Solo and the Arizer Air anyway. IMO the Solo has better taste for me than the Air. The Solo is a large portable for these days but it is a tank. Often it will withstand a fall without much damage. I've said this before it is the workhorse of session portables. It will still be working when all your other portables are broken and discarded.

Both units are very well made. The AA is more stealth if that's what you need. Either unit will last you a long time.

Check out the Milaana or the Haze v3. The Milaana is an on demand unit with no temp controls. There is a trigger you press when you need more heat to your meds.

You could buy a Grasshopper from Vapefiend. I don't have one but I have all the vaporizers that I mentioned above. Folks say the GH is a bit hot but has great flavor. Eventually I hope to buy one. I'm not in any hurry. My next vape will be another log vape a Woodscents from @Ed's TnT . They should be ready in a couple months.

You just opened my eyes too, the solo is not as big as it looks like, just shorted and thicker than the air. I could probably look into this one.
Didn't like the haze v3 design.
The milaana looks a nice unit, but lately as I'm microdosing I wouldn't end up abusing of the ondemand function of this vape.

ilsasta,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ilsasta

May I suggest a haze V3? It tastes amazing and compliments my desktop nicely.

Just seen that they made in many different colours, which I haven't realised first time I checked it out.
How does it behave with microdosing?

ilsasta,

ginolicious

Just seen that they made in many different colours, which I haven't realised first time I checked it out.
How does it behave with microdosing?

It's excellent. The bowls are so small anyways to begin with. So when you micro dose it looks like there is a lot in the bowl. I'm getting 7-10 great hits off probably a .1.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Vapcap is better for micro dosing than the Air in my opinion. The Air works best as a session sipper but as a conduction unit it prefers a fully packed stem which is about twice as much material as the Vapcap. The new Omnivap with adjustable bowl would be even more efficient, can do a .025 load. Even with a lighter it's a super compact setup that hits way harder than its size. The Arizer products might be the most reliable on the market for an electric portable though which is reassuring.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You don't have to fully pack the stem in the Air. You can use something like cotton or hemp fiber as a spacer. In a pinch I've used cotton as a screen. It has a lot of uses in the vaping world. You can always use a domed screen which might make more sense.

The Air/Solo may have a restricted draw for some but you can always use the PVHES mouthpieces from Planetvape. They really do increase the air flow. Tailor your unit to fit your needs.

ilsasta

I did it due to temperature control, my bad, I've expressed myself in a wrong way. I think that having the ondemand button will force me to vape the bud until the end, which won't help me with microdosing.

ilsasta,

Jimiblues

I have had my air for a month now...it's probably the easiest vaporizer to use and maintain...an added bonus is the stem, all my other devices needed to be cleaned and in the past I used Iso and threw the mess away, with the stem I let the residue build up and then clean it with a piece of a nug. It's a super potent honey bud that's an added bonus.

Jimiblues,

TwistedGray

Too late to comment, but maybe others will see this. I love the flavor from my Air, but I have not tried any other dry herb vape. The only caveat that I have is that while it is portable, it's still pretty chunky.

TwistedGray,
Reactions: Squiby

C No Ego

I finally decided to go for the Haze V3. I know I didn't like at first, but I fall in love with it now.
The dual chamber is a great idea, and the removable battery is a good plus.
:peace:

things I've gotten since owning the Haze V3- the ed's tnt WPA 14 mm wooden wpa- I use the wooden stem to hit the vape native with no bubbler and with a bubbler and that stem stays on the vape all the time now except when out away from home... I purchased extra batteries and extra herb cans and the conduction screens too...

ilsasta

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions.
Have received the Haze v3 and now almost had two week of use. Have to say that makes nice clouds even at temp 1, which made me WOW. I just find that the herb "cooks" pretty fast, even though I use it at T1, and I believe to get a good 10/15 good hits before the flower starts tasting very bad (and I don't mind ABV taste when vaping), and the ABV comes out very dark, sometimes I just toss it. I have to say that I am too used to the EQ, which keeps an acceptable flavour for too long, but that is a completely different device.
I can also add that with a warm up to temp2 and only 4 hits it takes me to the moon, it is really potent. So overall, I love it.
The device is very portable and it does well with water tools.

ginolicious

Glad you enjoy it. Yes the ABV gets dark. But at least you know you are getting good extraction. But you can still save the AVB and use it. I do qwiso with it. It's worth it. If you use the herb can and pack down lightly with the dab tool you will get some great clouds. Pack almost 2/3 on that can. Tamp it down. Vape it on 1 or 2. You'll get 20 hits of clouds and get ripped. Tried it the other night to see what she could do. Haha.

ginolicious,
Reactions: ilsasta
What's up guys, how the haze v3 is going after 5 months? i'm between haze v3, Ascent, CFX anc pax 2...the main thing is: i don't wanna a vape that will broke down after 6 months of daily use ecause im living in Brazil and we dont have a cove warranty here.

So whats the most solid between these options? thanks

brazillian_stone,
Reactions: C No Ego

ilsasta

What's up guys, how the haze v3 is going after 5 months? i'm between haze v3, Ascent, CFX anc pax 2...the main thing is: i don't wanna a vape that will broke down after 6 months of daily use ecause im living in Brazil and we dont have a cove warranty here.

Haven't used the others you mentioned but my haze is still going strong after 5 months. I would suggest it for people that wants to extract the most from the herb in shortest time. It has a long learning curve, but it's worthy the time.

ilsasta,

C No Ego

I've had my haze quite a few months and going great.. it took a bit of break in to get maximum results but is going great now... cleaning is a must every now and then like with most vapes but is simple... 10 year warranty too even though you do not want to deal with shipping for warranty it is nice to know in 10 years, it's still good and a strong company to boot that should last that long to handle any warranty claims etc... you will get better more direct answers asking them in the haze v3 thread.. good luck!

C No Ego,
Top Bottom