Portable vaporizer for black low grade hash oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Hi guys,
I am residing in India where i have a good sources for hand rubbed hash made traditionally. In this method the hash has a lot of plant material. I recently figured out how to make hash oil by using acetone with this hand rubbed hash. The end product is black color hash oil with wax like consistency and very sticky.

I am looking for a portable vaporizer that i can use with this low grade black hash oil as i do not have access to high grade ultra pure amber concentrates. I am also looking for durability and low maintenance as i am in India and after sales support etc. of sending unit to manufacturer would be very inconvenient and not possible from the u.s.a to India.

I read a lot about the thermovape revolution dart but many said it is not good for black hash oils as they are not the purest the plant material chokes the heater.

Please advise what oil vaporizers would suit my need considering my hash oil is not the purest and i am looking for durability and cannot keep sending it back to manufacturer if something goes wrong.

thanks as always

audiodelic,
Reactions: 215z

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Can you describe the exact process.. I don't like acetone .. btw.. (maybe never found a source clean enough )
Do you prefreeze your products before you mix them ? How long do you soak in , before filtering ?

Abysmal Vapor,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I soak the hash in pure acetone, shake it in a jar hard for about 10 minutes. Filter out the plant material with a cloth and throw it, leave the acetone which is now black in color to dry in a glass dish for about 12 to 20 hours under a fan. The acetone evaporates leaving behind hash oil.

This is the link i used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDHnpw1X20

audiodelic,
Perhaps just vaporize the charas in one of the many vaporizers which would probably make quick work of it without needing to make oil. The Arizer solo would fit the bill wonderfully for a portable, as it makes quick work of cold water extracts, and oils if necessary with the addition of cotton or a cut up Volcano liquid pad.

charliedontsurf,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Well i have tried the hash and the extracted oil in my VHW. The oil gives me a way stronger purer head high v/s the charas as there is no plant material in the oil. On the flip side it melts and ruins the screen melting half way through the bowl, ruining my bowl + half of the precious oil is wasted and sticks to the glass and does not even vaporize completely.

audiodelic,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Should i try using some cotton to soak up some oil and trying to vaporize the soaked cotton in the vriptech heat wand ?

audiodelic,

niall

Try one of the liquid pads from the Volcano, you can pick them up cheap on eBay - heard they fit nicely into the Vriptech bowls but I've never tried myself. You can also hot-knife it on the VHW itself - Mark's not too keen on promoting it, but it works and as long as it's not the cause of any damage he's happy to still warranty the occasional VHW that's been used in this way ;)

But - why not just smoke the oil? Vaporizing is to avoid the combustion by-products, but if you've removed all of the visible plant matter then smoking even low quality oil is approximating vaporising herb or trichonmes. Isn't it easier to just smoke it with a metal or glass pipe? Honestly curious here - why do you only want to vape it?

niall,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I am going to order some volcano liquid pads to give it a try.Hot knifing on the vhw may not be a good call, since this stuff gets extremely sticky when exposed to heat.

I havent smoked in a while, i love vaporizing effects and cannot go back.

Are there no good, durable, easy to maintain oil vaporizers out there. How is the thermovape revolution with dart loader ? Any other alternatives ?

audiodelic,
The Dart is an awesome portable design, you may just have to clean it often if the oil is such low grade. Kertong has a video showing it off really well if you dig in the Revolution/Dart thread.

If you don't need a portable then I'm sure you'll be happy with the volcano pads + VHW.

Should i try using some cotton to soak up some oil and trying to vaporize the soaked cotton in the vriptech heat wand ?

And yes, you can do that if you like. Same procedure as the volcano liquid pads.

charliedontsurf,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Guys i'm finalizing my order for the Thermovape Revolution with dart loading tool. Accessories i am buying are:-
1 dart tv revolution dart vaporizer cartridge
1 Glass adaptor PTFE
Extra batteries

audiodelic,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom