Portable vaporizer advice

maverickluke

I currently have the magic flight launch box (mflb) and I am looking to get another portable vaporizer with a couple criteria, hopefully improving the performance and overall user experience and would really appreciate any feedback. To get good thick hits, and to get pretty high, I followed users advice on not using the moutpiece, pushing the battery in and holding for 7 seconds, taking little burst inhales etc, and it worked for the most part, but I and my fiancee find it a pain to use. Plus switching out batteries constantly after a few hits is also a pain. I don't know if this exists, but is there a portable vaporizer that will get you high with thick hits like a plug-in such as the extreme q? I have the extreme q and one slow, deep draw will get me a bit high. Three hits with the extreme q, and I am very happy. I was looking at other portable vaporizers such as the puffit and davinci and wondered what other people thought. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

maverickluke,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
solo?
flashvape?

sounds like the solo would be what you are looking for

vaporonly,

maverickluke

After doing more research, it looks like the solo or pax is the way to go for the strength and thickness of the hits and the longevity of the battery. Thoughts about these two?

maverickluke,

vaporonly

i personally think the only reason to go pax over solo is if stealth is a big factor. taste would go to solo, as well as price, and I believe the solo has been having less warranty issues

vaporonly,
Reactions: Kief

hoptimum

After doing more research, it looks like the solo or pax is the way to go for the strength and thickness of the hits and the longevity of the battery. Thoughts about these two?

Unless stealth is a priority, Solo is the obvious choice, IMO

hoptimum,
Reactions: ou812?

maverickluke

What about solo vs. flashvape? Just for a comaprison, what is the strength of the hits compared to the launch box?

maverickluke,

hoptimum

Both solo and fv hit harder than mflb, IMO, though neither is as stealthy. FV requires more frequent battery changes whereas the solo will give you nearly 2 hours on a single charge. Hits are comparable, but the solo draw is more restricted. The FV is a contender, though, and deserves serious consideration.

hoptimum,

maverickluke

This is very helpful and thanks for the feedback. Why would someone choose the fv over the solo?

maverickluke,

hoptimum

FV is around $30 cheaper last I checked. Also, some people don't like the more restricted solo draw and end up getting custom stems to compensate.

hoptimum,

maverickluke

Also, I made a modification to the extreme q to get bigger hits by making a spring and placing the screen on top of the spring to heat the herb more evenly, providing lift. What are the recommended tips/modifications for the solo?

maverickluke,

vaporonly

This is very helpful and thanks for the feedback. Why would someone choose the fv over the solo?

i could see some people being turned off by the glass stems of the solo in terms of breakage, something else to lose...

vaporonly,

hoptimum

I think the glass stems are one reason the Solo can't really be considered a portable vape, along with the fact that its about the size of a red bull can.

Also, I made a modification to the extreme q to get bigger hits by making a spring and placing the screen on top of the spring to heat the herb more evenly, providing lift. What are the recommended tips/modifications for the solo?

For me the best mod is using it with a glass bong. The stem fits nicely inside a 14mm downstem and if you put a bit of silicone tubing on the tip it seals quite well. It transforms an excellent device into one that is even better.

mod note: 2 posts merged.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom