Portable for solid concentrates? Looking to replace my Pax

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharSadehBeast

Yes, it's another one of "those" posts. I've been reading up on this topic for hours (and will continue all night), but the amount of info is overwhelming. After 15 years of smoking flowers, I made the switch about 8 months ago and picked up my first vape. After an extensive (and exhausting) amount of research on here, I decided to pick up a Pax. Overall I'm content with the switch, but even with my low tolerance levels, I'm a bit disappointed with the potency eventhough I only buy top shelf flowers from the medical shops here in the Bay. I've tried packing wax or kief along with the grinded flowers and the difference was noticable, but the Pax is not really designed for concentrates on a daily use.

Other then edibles or disposable pre-loaded e-sigs, my experience with oils is very limited so I'm not too interested in portable vapes that work with oils. I've been eyeing some yummy looking and smelling hashes and solid waxes at the local dispensaries that I want to vape. For now, I want to avoid the vape "pens", but it has fit in my pocket as easily as the Pax or a smart phone. Anything that is not as compact will be a deal killer. Suggestions?

TIA guys and gals!

CharSadehBeast,
I love to crank the Arizer Solo up to max temp and throw a nice pancake of solid concentrate right in the heating chamber before quickly putting the glass stem in. It works quite well and the only caveat as far as I can tell is that you will want to clean the chamber from time to time.

Some of the dispensaries have great prices on solid if you look around so I think you're onto a very economical way to medicate.

charliedontsurf,

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
From what I hear the solo does concentrates "alright" and usually only work well if you make a sandwich (bud, oil, bud) and is not very portable (size of redbull can). The Cera has the ability to do both concentrates and loose leaf, is pocket portable, but isn't very well reviewed yet and is a new product, although many owners already boast about its efficiency. The Ascent by Da vinci also does both, but you may have to way another month/month and a half for its release, digit temps, glass airways, iphone size. ( It is VERY sexy). Although a lot of people won't reccomend them, the pen vapes are the best for the stealthy portability of concentrates. I feel like youre better off researching a good pen vape and buy yourself a quality vape for flowers.

BlazednConfused,

CharSadehBeast

I love to crank the Arizer Solo up to max temp and throw a nice pancake of solid concentrate right in the heating chamber before quickly putting the glass stem in. It works quite well and the only caveat as far as I can tell is that you will want to clean the chamber from time to time.

Some of the dispensaries have great prices on solid if you look around so I think you're onto a very economical way to medicate.

The Solo won't fit in a pocket :(

CharSadehBeast,

CharSadehBeast

From what I hear the solo does concentrates "alright" and usually only work well if you make a sandwich (bud, oil, bud) and is not very portable (size of redbull can). The Cera has the ability to do both concentrates and loose leaf, is pocket portable, but isn't very well reviewed yet and is a new product, although many owners already boast about its efficiency. The Ascent by Da vinci also does both, but you may have to way another month/month and a half for its release, digit temps, glass airways, iphone size. ( It is VERY sexy). Although a lot of people won't reccomend them, the pen vapes are the best for the stealthy portability of concentrates. I feel like youre better off researching a good pen vape and buy yourself a quality vape for flowers.

You are correct the vape pens are difficult to beat if stealth is a high priority. I will consider them if I can't decide on a portable vape.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Also take a look at the Thermovape Revolution. They can be had quite cheaply now that the Cera is on the horizon, and work great.

I just got one, and am thrilled with the performance so far. My Solo is great for flowers ,but I hate to have to "sandwich" my wax/shatter between flowers. It just didn't do it for me. I like to taste my concentrates for what they are, not mixed with something else. I am picky, I guess. The Revolution allows me to taste my concentrates, not concentrates mixed with flowers. Don't want to sound like I don't like the Solo because I love my Solo...for flowers only, maybe some kief flower mix but thats where I draw the line. I put a link in the Thermovape Revolution thread for what may be the last of the Revolutions. Cera looks nice but some issues at launch have taken it off my radar..for now. Good luck whatever you choose!

Silver420Surfer,

CharSadehBeast

Also take a look at the Thermovape Revolution. They can be had quite cheaply now that the Cera is on the horizon, and work great.

I'm trying to avoid the vape pens but it's looking like I might not have a choice

CharSadehBeast,

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
I'm trying to avoid the vape pens but it's looking like I might not have a choice

Just look for some reviews man, most of them aren't too expensive. I even saw some medi dispensaries around me in MI giving them out for free with card applications

BlazednConfused,
I keep my solo in my pocket every goddamn day. It's not that big.

From what I hear the solo does concentrates "alright" and usually only work well if you make a sandwich (bud, oil, bud) and is not very portable (size of redbull can).

It isn't "alright," it's very strong, and I'm telling you that as a first hand owner of four different Solos and having owned a large majority of the vapes on the market today, including the old T1 and Evolution. Also, we aren't discussing oil but solid concentrates.

CharSadehBeast

I keep my solo in my pocket every goddamn day. It's not that big.
I work in a "white collar" environment and wear khakis or dress pants everyday. I would get odd looks if I walked around with a big bulge in my pants lol. I'm not expecting Pax level stealth, but unfortunately the Solo is too big. It's too bad; the reviews on it are steller

CharSadehBeast,

djonkoman

I find my VG works well with hash(mostly imported hashes in my case), it does gunk up the screen quickly, but that's always the case when vaping hash(without weed, I dont really like to vape weed and hash together)
it would fit into your pocket and is pretty cheap, but you would have to use a lighter.(I only use a torch lighter with it)
if you are considering the ascent I would wait for reviews with hash, since the DV(the model before the ascent) does work very well with weed, but IMO not wit hash(maybe it works well with oils, but I have no access to oils, only imported hashes and a few domestic made bubblehashes)

djonkoman,

vape4life

Banned for life

Wow really? Doesn't the concentrate melt instantly and block the 4 little holes in the chamber making a huge mess?

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
You want to check out the Persei and the TV Cera. Persei comes with size configs (SS Kit), which helps stealth. On the other hand Cera looks totally sleek and innocent. Check the portables forum or ask away here for more info.

Atomsk,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

Solid concentrates will NOT work in vape "pens" as far as cartomizers, atomizers, and wicking devices are concerned. Waxes, shatter, taffy, etc even though they have a solid consistency melt completely with heat if its well made. Bubble, dry ice, screened hash and other mechanically harvested concentrates are normally in the 40-50% purity range and still have too much plant waxes to be used in carts or pen vape systems. I am going to get a cera LL for solid concentrates/flowers as soon as latching switches are an option but a 7.4v hercules is supposed to be capable although i dont know how well reports were mostly favoring oil use over solid concentrates. Its also getting some bugs sorted out and may not be available right now. A thermovape product or a vg may be your best option atm given your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom