Portable for pressed hash, sticky resin (charas) and flowers

boffmatic

Hi,
I have been happy with my Vaporgenie for the last couple of years but feel time for an upgrade to some thing that doesn't involve inhaling the flame as well as the vape. As per the title I enjoy both hashish and flowers. Not a fan of pure concentrates, extracts, oils as I don't feel they are as 'full spectrum'.

Wow! It really is hard to find a consensus as to the existence an instrument that could handle flowers and both the hard cumbly type hashes and the very soft melty ones (but still with some plant matter in them).

I don't want to be forced to mix the flowers and hash together.

I don't mind having to do a clean every now and again, but it shouldn't be after every use of sticky hash.

Would prefer electric but don't mind butane as long as I don't inhale the flame.

Budget up to $250'ish.

I have short-listed the Vaponic with some resin screens (see here for a quick video), but that's the only one I know for sure will fit the bill.

As for electrics, maybe the FlashVape with the S2 upgrade? I love what I've read about the Solo and Ascent but can't be sure if the sticky hash won't cock it up.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Peace :-)

Last edited:

chimpybits

Persei/Hercules SR71 combo.
Hi, I've only kept casual tabs on the Persei thread of late, but isn't the Persei with SR-71 designed for flowers and "pure concentrates, extracts, oils" *Boffmatic's words. nice first post btw.

I'm guessing it's OK with hashes, sticky or crumbly. I get that this combo has good versatility via modularity of design and the different rods, batteries, etc and is perhaps (?) the best thing going in the portable electric market.

(I'd guess there would be a few here who would champion keeping with a simple butane-based device such as another VaporGenie or the Lotus).

Are there any electric portables designed for boffmatics materials - flowers and hashes? Or am I completely wrong here and not helping :doh:

Last edited:
chimpybits,
Reactions: Caligula

boffmatic

That looks pretty cool. Going through the Persei thread I saw some pics where someone had been boiling the Hercules core to clean it after using hash. So that kind of cylindrical tube of wire mesh is the heating element? And you sprinkle or rub your hashish onto that?

boffmatic,

Caligula

Maximus
No, the mesh is to hold oils and what not. You can either keep it in there and vape oil, or oil and whatever you pack on top of it (herb, hash, etc) or u can take it out completely and pack in whatever. I had good results doing that with herb soaked in melted wax.

As for the heating element, it is a ceramic rod with tungsten contacts embedded into it to conduct the current. To clean, just disassemble (no tools needed), soak in ISO, dry and reassemble. Evaporate ISO and reclaim. Works perfectly and gets you 99% of your wasted erl. To clean the rod, just hold the button down for 15 seconds or so. It will get red hot at that point and will vaporize any residuals stuck to it.

And you're right. It was designed for concentrates, however its been shown to work well with other material. Will it be the best flower vape ever? No. Will it work well for flowers and hash while being top tier for concentrates? Very much so, yes.

I guess it comes down to what you will use it for the most. If you only vape bud, I wouldn't suggest it. If u need a portable thats built like a tank and will vape basically anything you throw in it, the Hercules is the way to go IMO. I've thrown everything from Pure Gold to scissor hash in my Hercules, all to varying degrees of success... however I can't say that I've had something NOT work in the unit.

Jack of all trades, master of concentrates?

Last edited:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Another option is the Cera with LL cartridge which will give you top notch performance with flowers and pressed hash/resin, but at $300 it is a little above the OP's target price.

nopartofme,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I don't own a FlashVape but I do think that might make for a good choice also. I think you can clean its screens really thoroughly but I don't know how often you'd have to.

nopartofme,
Top Bottom