Pocketable TC Box Mod Concept for Dry Herb

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I like the concept, i think size is a very important factor when it comes to a vape.

I prefer the use of metal / ceramic vs plastic.

One thing. The evic mini is getting increasingly hard to get hold of. Do you have a reliable source and will you be supplying them?

What happens to the hole on top where the 510 would be?

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
I like the concept, i think size is a very important factor when it comes to a vape.

I prefer the use of metal / ceramic vs plastic.

One thing. The evic mini is getting increasingly hard to get hold of. Do you have a reliable source and will you be supplying them?

What happens to the hole on top where the 510 would be?

That is one of the problem I am trying to figure out now currently. I've been trying to contact local vape owners to see if they can get them. I've found a lot of vtwo mini units in aliexpress though. It is in fact meant as a permanent modification to the evic mini (same way as the tubo evic). The 510 connection is cut off, I left the thread there so there wont be a big showing from the top.

Berimbolero,

kanorian

May I ask what exactly are your concerns regarding ceramic? Don't a lot of vaporizers use ceramic as chambers? I prefer quartz as well but it's just too fragile for me.

On what I have read. Ceramic chambers produce microscopic ceramic powder which can have health issues in the long run. How about a metal chamber like in Arizer/Boundless. Any luck on manufacturers here in our country?

Glad to know that the mouthpiece goes above the box. you should make the end have an adapter where in you could plug it in a bong :)

Btw, have you tried vaping a fine ground herb? You should probably test that too if it can combust in the mod.

kanorian,

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
On what I have read. Ceramic chambers produce microscopic ceramic powder which can have health issues in the long run. How about a metal chamber like in Arizer/Boundless. Any luck on manufacturers here in our country?

Glad to know that the mouthpiece goes above the box. you should make the end have an adapter where in you could plug it in a bong :)

Btw, have you tried vaping a fine ground herb? You should probably test that too if it can combust in the mod.

I'll be researching on that issue regarding ceramic. Not sure about a metal chamber as that will steal heat away from the heater and possibly conduct more heat to the outer body. Also both arizer and boundless products use ceramic near their heaters and even as a heating element itself.

For the first 3 months when I started this project I tried to locally source the parts but I didn't have any luck. It was really hard to find manufacturers here that have the capabilities in machining metals and molding glass parts.

I used to vape fine ground with the first version and it was fine. I am not worried about the combustion as it used to happen before with the earlier version, I just need to adjust TCR and resistance values

Last edited:
Berimbolero,
Reactions: Phenix

Berimbolero

Manufacturer
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I guess I am way past the point of diy-able already haha

I am having trouble finding a way to source batches of this box mod. Local suppliers are saying this model is phasing out already. What alternative options do I have in terms of compact single cell box mod or firmware that can perform like a vtc/vtwo mini + tubo firmware combination?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Indeed the evic VTC mini has been discontinued and there are mostly only fakes still floating around. Maybe consider the evic Dual like FJ did to continue producing his tubos?

I would personally seriously consider using a DNA board and building the case from scratch. You can get the 75W version for cheap here: https://www.protovapor.com/product/evolv-dna-75-retail-box/

Unfortunately the shipping cost to Europe is higher than the price of a single board...

The 75C is not that pricier, but I personally have no use for a color screen and it draws more current: https://www.protovapor.com/product/evolv-dna-75-color/

There's still some stock of the DNA75 in this UK shop: http://www.modmaker.co.uk/VV-VW-Boards/Evolv-DNA75

It's unclear whether they will continue producing it or not though, so if you intend to create a commercial product then maybe the 75C would be a better choice.

kanorian

I was spending my weekend at a surf beach and jammed with a local surfer when I got introduced to someone who has a DIY vaporizer similar to my Arizer. Turns out it was OP all along! Small world

Anyway, I was able to test the device first hand. The vape is awesome! The only drawback I have experienced is that it overheats and battery drains fast (around 10 hits?) . Wasn't able to take a hit when OP said the contents where combusted but overall the slow hits were great. I could say better than the Arizer on the first 3-5 draws.

Top Bottom