Pocketable, stealthy, and not smelly

Texus

I think Xmax Pro v3 or Roffu are going to be your best bets. On the incognito front, each is gonna look indistinguishable from a nicotine vape. So even if a small amount of smell they may still assume tobacco or nicotine juice if they happen ti glance at device in your hand.

Zipford

I think a wax pen would be best for discretion, I use the Linx Hypnos and really like it. It is very small and doesn't create big clouds, and small clouds sound like they would be a benefit for you (many complain about the lack of clouds with the Hypnos -- to me that is a feature, not a bug). It has a clean vapor path and it will give you plenty of effects. It doesn't hold tons of wax, but should be enough for personal use for a day.

If you want a flower vape, I have the Fury Edge, XMAX V3 and the Tinymight. For out and about, I take the Fury Edge because it is the most pocketable and it is easy to reload discretely with dosing capsules. It also has a silicon cover that really helps keep any smell contained. Bear in mind the other two vapes have superior vape quality, but when portability and discretion are key, I grab the Edge. And the other two could be brought out as well, but the Edge and extra dosing caps are super easy to carry in normal pants pockets.

Ariwe

If you want a flower vape, I have the Fury Edge, XMAX V3 and the Tinymight. For out and about, I take the Fury Edge because it is the most pocketable and it is easy to reload discretely with dosing capsules. It also has a silicon cover that really helps keep any smell contained. Bear in mind the other two vapes have superior vape quality, but when portability and discretion are key, I grab the Edge. And the other two could be brought out as well, but the Edge and extra dosing caps are super easy to carry in normal pants pockets.
I second this! I have these three vapes and that's exactly how I use mine as well.
TM and V3 are on demand but personally I find both awkward to use out and about.
The Edge looks totally inconspicuous.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The most pocketable, stealthy and odorless in my arsenal is a cartridge pen. I prefer live resin cartridges because of the flavor. It does have some odor, but not much.
Now pure distillate cartridges without terpene flavors added are pretty much odorless.

I like my Yocan uni pro for low voltage hits.

Last edited:

3dayphunk

100% Pax 2/3 is what you need with those rubber smell caps they sell.
I'll echo the Pax 3 with the end caps or slim case from 3d delta studios. I'm about to pocket mine with the end caps, they work well and are cheap.

3dayphunk,

Texus

While maybe offering best quality vapor, I'd worry you lose the stealth factor of it not looking like a nicotine device.

Texus,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Vizyt91

The Pax 3? One hand pretty much conceals it, nobody would have any idea what it looks like.
For me stealth is when people look at you and « think » you are hitting a nic vape (so for me the form factor is key, the device may looks like a device people « think the y know about »), just my :2c:

maremaresing

Yeah still confused. Pax looks like nothing/all in one nic vape. It's one of those "if you know you know" situations. Like, the argo/dotleaf may look exactly like an ecig, but only if you know ecigs look like that. To anyone else they are just going to be "a weird device that is probably an ecig because that is what people puff in public".

When you start flashing glass or pulling out something like a mighty, then it's a record skip moment.

I had high hopes for the furna because on it's own with the pod switched around it looked like an mp3 player or phone charger. Too bad it sucked.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
If price isn't an issue, consider either the Davinci IQ2 or IQC, with 10 year and 5 year warranties respectively. Palm able size, 1.75 x 3.61 x 0.97 inches - 4.5 x 9.2 x 2.5 cm, thick vapor, available SS reload pods that come with smell proof silicone containers, very pure Zirconia air path, replaceable/removable battery, many customization options if desired. Easy to clean as any vape you load flower into an oven. Goes with me everywhere.

Vaporhead99

For me stealth is when people look at you and « think » you are hitting a nic vape (so for me the form factor is key, the device may looks like a device people « think the y know about »), just my :2c:
Which kind of makes my point about the pax, it is totally concealed by your hand so if anyone looked at you they not only may think you're vaping a regular pen but you could be mistaken for drinking from a carton with a straw, it's absolutely stealth in that sense as nobody would suspect you had a weed vape unless they smelt it.

Vaporhead99,

HughJass

Just want something that doesn’t completely suck and I can be out and about and people won’t know if I’m walking by within reason.
I have had a pax3(and a IQ2), I was originally going to reply to your question on the pax thread, but others quickly said what I would’ve.
But now that the question is more open, I will offer what wisdom I can.
My opinion is that conduction/session style devices are like ‘smell-smoke grenades’, when they are on, they produce enough smell to be noticed even if you aren’t taking a hit- like if you are walking by someone, they will likely be able smell it.

Convection/On-demand devices however, only produce smell in the vapor that you exhale from your hits (for the most part). When you are not taking a hit, there are no new smells being created, and people walking by will not smell anything.
(Or will not smell anything actively being vaporized, as they would with a session vape. You will have it lightly on your breath regardless, and the smell will never be zero. but convection is the closest to what you are asking for)

Now that that is established. Here enters this fantastic bit of advice from Shit Snacks; The Tiny Might.
on demand pure convection with a full temperature dial, easy to control the smell and the high with great flavor.
I get what you said when, ‘it’s too nice’ to be your portable, but- Why not? It’s completely capable of daily use & abuse, and you deserve it :nod:
The Tiny Might is possibly the closest to what you are asking for, and an infinitely better experience than a pax or a iq2. (If you prefer the easier to inhale vapes, and don’t want to implode a lung while taking a hit) (you could technically also go for a firefly, it’s slightly smaller/thinner, but the tinymight blows it away in almost every way, while also being more durable, and is the same price)

Put on top of that the the pax (and iq2 to a lesser extent) require more complicated cleaning than the TinyMight and the only reason to go with anything else would be because you don’t mind sacrificing quality of experience, ease of use, and stealth, for a, barely smaller form factor. (Admittedly the TM is bigger than pax, but it’s not, in my opinion, worth Any of the Numerous sacrifices)

That ALL being said, you gotta do what’s ‘best’ for you- is best having the best vapor quality and being able to take stealthy hits here and there?
Or is best having that extra couple inches of pocket space and not being as stealthy or having to find places to have mini sessions?

It’s all subjective, but I think you would enjoy the TM a lot, maybe even enough for it to be your daily driver, and not just a backup portable.

Anyways that’s my lengthy two cents :2c:
Cheers and good luck! (And by good luck I mean- enjoy your TinyMight, your only regret will have been not buying one sooner*:tup:) -(if all that didn’t convince you-*I can promise you would not, be able to think/say the same about a pax or IQ2!)
:cheers:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
While I agree with you regarding the smell issue between convection and conduction @HughJass I think the TM being the "perfect" stealth portable is a stretch, or at least dependent on what you want out of a portable. If by "portable" you mean, "the vape I grab when traveling," then I agree its a fantastic choice. But it sounds like the OP wants something a little less sensitive. Its not hard for me to imagine scenarios even when just walking a dog or similar where a glass stem is dropped (or the vape itself) are dropped, much less if "portable" means going out to the pub, or to a show, or doing anything somewhat active. Obviously do whatever makes sense to you OP. I just think Vapes with glass stems (and liners around the oven) on the go is asking for a broken vape at some point in the not-too-distant future :shrug:

HughJass

You’ll be glad to know @gordontreeman that he took both of our advice!
Sounds like he went with the new Roffu Xlux.
Almost perfect actually, with its on demand convection, while not being the potentially more fragile and heavier TM.
It won’t be the one hitter beast that the TM could’ve been, but it also will weather going to bars and other active outdoor activities much better..

Good luck, and let us know how you like your new Roffu! @noobvaperct

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Cool, happy you found something that fits @noobvaperct! I’m curious how the roffu compares to the v3 pro myself, as the lite kit mentioned earlier isn’t soooo much pricier. I’m not sure if roffu includes a wpa but aside from novelty I’d never use it at home anyway.

Drei

I have been told on multiple occassions that the the Fury Edge looks like a medicinal device 👍🏻

JCC

I moved into assisted living and was surprised to learn cannabis possession on the property wasn't allowed, federal law & schedule2 nonsense, legal med & rec state. I picked up a TM thinking I'd go for a walk around the block, quiet residential neighborhood, and it worked out well, as long as it didn't rain, or snow. After experimenting I've been able to use in the small room, no grinding, exhale out window, keep flower in JYarZ and glass stems clean. I just passed the one year mark without incident, even with the cafeteria closed whenever there's a covid outbreak, meals brought to room, twice daily temp checks, nobody seems to notice anything unusual, cannabis, or vaporizing. If they do they've never mentioned it, and I am more careful around meal time, but I never know when someone will show up for temp checks, snacks, or just ask questions or have me sign something.

Top Bottom