Pneumonia and Vaporizing

Easywider

Simple is the way
Hey oh, Any here had the big P?
If so how long after did you have to wait until you could enjoy inhaling sweet sweet delicious cannabis/ cannabis concentrates again?

I have 5 more days on antibiotic treatments left and starting to feel better.
I'm hoping I could start parking again in another week or 2. Whats your experience been like?

ginolicious

I had bi lateral pneumonia end of July and beginning of august. It was painful as shit. I spiked a high fever. Was sweating like mad. It actually left scars on my lungs. I was 30% filled in both lungs. I was good and over it after about 10-15 days. But even then I was still having issues breathing. And still do. But that’s cause t left damage and I had a serious case.

Oil420FL

I've only had to deal with persistent bronchitis, not pneumonia. But "Indoor marijuana vaping had higher average exposures (5-min PM2.5) at 1 m distance than indoor marijuana smoking" for second hand exposure. Fits with my experience that vaping [I'm such a nerd I own a PM2.5 meter] is no better than smoking when it comes to exposing your lungs to the small particulate matter [PM2.5] that stick deep in the lungs and put you at risk for disease [lung cancer, etc.].

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey oh, Any here had the big P?
If so how long after did you have to wait until you could enjoy inhaling sweet sweet delicious cannabis/ cannabis concentrates again?

I have 5 more days on antibiotic treatments left and starting to feel better.
I'm hoping I could start parking again in another week or 2. Whats your experience been like?
I have nothing constructive to add, sorry. I hope you feel better soon bro.

bhasma

I've only had to deal with persistent bronchitis, not pneumonia. But "Indoor marijuana vaping had higher average exposures (5-min PM2.5) at 1 m distance than indoor marijuana smoking" for second hand exposure. Fits with my experience that vaping [I'm such a nerd I own a PM2.5 meter] is no better than smoking when it comes to exposing your lungs to the small particulate matter [PM2.5] that stick deep in the lungs and put you at risk for disease [lung cancer, etc.].
All particles are not the same. A PM2.5 meter will measure steam from a kettle or a hot shower, but that doesn't mean that water vapour can cause lung cancer. Smoke and vapour both consist of fine particles, but the risk depends on their composition.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Thanks for the insights and the good will everyone! Looks like it's most likely going to take me longer than I would like to get back on the steam train. Better safe than sorry though, going to need these lungs for life. I've stocked up on some full spectrum edibles for the meantime ( oils, tinctures, capsules and gummies )

Oil420FL

All particles are not the same. A PM2.5 meter will measure steam from a kettle or a hot shower, but that doesn't mean that water vapour can cause lung cancer. Smoke and vapour both consist of fine particles, but the risk depends on their composition.
Makes sense. I'll check my meter after a shower. Have you seen anything on what percent of vaporizer output is just water?

Oil420FL,

florduh

Might be worth trying rosin after giving your lungs some time to heal. It's hard to totally eliminate plant particulate matter from finding its way into your throat when using dry herb.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Might be worth trying rosin after giving your lungs some time to heal. It's hard to totally eliminate plant particulate matter from finding its way into your throat when using dry herb.

Yeah great call, i've been about 70/30 concentrates/flower lately anyway. Before pneumonia when it was just covid I was having luck with shallow puffs on the proxy or cricket, they were comfortable. Could not handle the deeper inhalation that convection devices required. The mighty at 356f was comfortable but the effects where ahhhhhmmmm lacking lol. Water cooling would be nice but the back pressure from the water caused some irritation and using glass dry was to much volume again.

florduh

Yeah great call, i've been about 70/30 concentrates/flower lately anyway. Before pneumonia when it was just covid I was having luck with shallow puffs on the proxy or cricket, they were comfortable. Could not handle the deeper inhalation that convection devices required. The mighty at 356f was comfortable but the effects where ahhhhhmmmm lacking lol. Water cooling would be nice but the back pressure from the water caused some irritation and using glass dry was to much volume again.

Nice. I'm no doctor but it's just a thought. Also some people find quality solvent concentrates less irritating than the solventless stuff. Rosin will still have some "impurities" and lipids that butane strips out.

Double edged sword though because BHO also tends to have a higher terp percentage and total cannabinoid concentration.

florduh,

bhasma

Makes sense. I'll check my meter after a shower. Have you seen anything on what percent of vaporizer output is just water?
Dried cannabis contains about 10% water, but it boils off early in heating and the amount ending up in the vapour will depend on the device. Any residual humidity would only be in the first puff, and most of the vapour is fine droplets of organic compounds (THC etc.) which are recorded by the PM2.5 meter. The cannabinoids and terpenes are not carcinogenic, but vaping at high temperatures can generate toxins such as methacrolein and benzene.

bhasma,
Top Bottom