Plenty vs Flower Pot ??

Circa1999

Hey I am trying to decide between these two vaporizers and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Which one is more efficient and which one hits better?

I notice that vape critic has the Plenty ranked higher than the Flower Pot?

I use flower only and no concentrates.

Thanks.

Circa1999,

Vaporware

I have 2 FlowerPots, never tried a Plenty. I hear it has a fairly large bowl and hits pretty hard, and if you like S&B products you will probably like it.

I can’t comment on the vapor really, but I would expect most people to prefer the FlowerPot and in just about every other area I like it better.

If you like S&B’s style, you want a self-contained plug-in and you don’t want to deal with a rig to run it through you might prefer the Plenty, otherwise I think most people would go with a FlowerPot if they could have either one. :2c:

Kins

I have 2 FlowerPots, never tried a Plenty. I hear it has a fairly large bowl and hits pretty hard, and if you like S&B products you will probably like it.

I can’t comment on the vapor really, but I would expect most people to prefer the FlowerPot and in just about every other area I like it better.

If you like S&B’s style, you want a self-contained plug-in and you don’t want to deal with a rig to run it through you might prefer the Plenty, otherwise I think most people would go with a FlowerPot if they could have either one. :2c:

What do you mean by two flowerpots?. Do you mean you have two heads for your flowerpot?

Kins,

Vaporware

What do you mean by two flowerpots?. Do you mean you have two heads for your flowerpot?

I bought a ShowerHead with the older controller NewVape sells, then when it came out a VRod with an Auber RDK-300A, and I have a few bowls, carb caps, tools, etc.

I do loan one out to local friends occasionally, so it’s not bad to have an extra one around. :)

I still need to get an adapter that will let me put two bowls on my stereo matrix and try them together... :rofl:

Circa1999

I bought a ShowerHead with the older controller NewVape sells, then when it came out a VRod with an Auber RDK-300A, and I have a few bowls, carb caps, tools, etc.

I do loan one out to local friends occasionally, so it’s not bad to have an extra one around. :)

I still need to get an adapter that will let me put two bowls on my stereo matrix and try them together... :rofl:
Is the Auber better than the New Vape controller? What's the difference?

Circa1999,

Vaporware

Is the Auber better than the New Vape controller? What's the difference?

They both get the job done, no major difference in normal usage. If you change temps a lot I think the dial on the Auber is a lot easier and faster to adjust, and it does have an optional built in timer to turn it off. I think it’s on by default, but you can change the time or turn it off.

I think Auber’s stuff also feels like a little higher quality, but both are fine.

Oh, and the 300B (just a software revision I think) has a feature or two aimed at dabbing. I haven’t had mine upgraded yet so I can’t tell you much about that, but I that stuff would only matter on the concentrate side.

One plus for the original NewVape PID is that they’ve made some stands and stuff that are built specifically to fit it, so if you care about those it’s the one to get.

For flower use at one set temp, I don’t think there’s any difference worth worrying about.

blackstone

I like S&B stuff but I never got a Plenty because of the big bowl, and not many people like the reducer.
I did get a Flowerpot weedeater though because I already had a controller and always wanted to try one out. It is a really good way to vape and can be very hot, direct and powerful so you need a good water pipe.
Might be worth pointing out that it is seemingly geared more for fast operation and to finish up in one or two hits.
There are convection vapes that can space things out over a few more hits and operate slower for a relaxing session, one I know is the SSV, and maybe the Plenty might be more like that but with the bigger bowl?
It's worth refilling the flowerpot bowl each time though depending how you feel. And I can easily heatsoak my weedeater for some added conduction wallop when desired.
The Flowerpot gets the points for looking cool and minimal in use, but that Plenty looks a little more contained and can sit alone without having to be stood quite as carefully.
Maybe one could say, Flowerpot if you want to use about 1 or 2g a day or less through water, and Plenty for more stuff with or without water use?

Kins

FP is awesome and I myself don't consider it for minimal use. Quite the opposite since you can easily load and unload it and also the fact that it's on demand is what makes it great for long drawn out seshions where you don't have to rush.

west-elec

I have long since sold my plenty but the flowerpot is a daily and they will have to pry it from my dead fingers when I am gone. I didn't find the plenty hit that hard by today's standards. You have the typical wispy first hit, then ramps up, then takes several more to clear with dimishing returns. Give me a smaller bowl cleared in 1 or 2 hits any day. Hated the reducer, still took several hits but with smaller clouds. Far better flavour with FP.
Plenty is also a pretty ridiculous contraption and like the mighty for some reason S&B don't make them to stand up, so they are awkward to use. What is with that?

WelshBrok

I have a plenty that I haven’t used for 3 years because I got a flowerpot. Even before getting the flowerpot the plenty was incredibly inefficient even with the reducer so very rarely used it as the mighty was much better IMO.

WelshBrok,
Reactions: Circa1999

jardri

Vapor Dreams
People have talked in the Plenty thread about both vapes with great criteria but i want to comment 2 points:

Scorching: I have scorched weed once with my flowerpot, and it was because I was using double deckers. With normal usage it never happens.

Materials: Plenty has plastic, wires, alluminium, silicone and stainless steel in the airpath. Flowerpot has titanium maybe ss if you are using ss screens and glass.

shopdognyc

longevity I think the FP wins and works really well. I don't have the Plenty and know lot of people who are fans but thats my vote for you.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Circa1999

CurryLeafTreehugger

Hey I am trying to decide between these two vaporizers and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Which one is more efficient and which one hits better?

I notice that vape critic has the Plenty ranked higher than the Flower Pot?

I use flower only and no concentrates.

Thanks.
I have the Plenty.

I HATE IT. I very nearly never ever use it. In fact I broke it out a few weeks ago for the first time in over 5 years to try it again.

I still HATE IT. It wastes herb. I get very poor vaping results from it. You have very little control over the level of heat, despite the pretty numbers on the dial.

I know absolutely nothing about "the Flower Pot". However I know LOTS about Heat Islands and Underdog Log Vapes. I own 3 UD log vapes and have a HI on backorder. Also the new Alpha Dog from UD.

Try a log vape. Not only are they more effective and more efficient, they are also objectively far more beautiful than the Plenty, aka the Black & Decker of vapes.

Circa1999

I have the Plenty.

I HATE IT. I very nearly never ever use it. In fact I broke it out a few weeks ago for the first time in over 5 years to try it again.

I still HATE IT. It wastes herb. I get very poor vaping results from it. You have very little control over the level of heat, despite the pretty numbers on the dial.

I know absolutely nothing about "the Flower Pot". However I know LOTS about Heat Islands and Underdog Log Vapes. I own 3 UD log vapes and have a HI on backorder. Also the new Alpha Dog from UD.

Try a log vape. Not only are they more effective and more efficient, they are also objectively far more beautiful than the Plenty, aka the Black & Decker of vapes.

Have you had a chance to try the Volcano? Do you think it has the same efficiency as the Plenty?

Circa1999,

CurryLeafTreehugger

Have you had a chance to try the Volcano? Do you think it has the same efficiency as the Plenty?
Nope. I wouldn't even have considered the Volcano, I am a lone toker. Or vaper. Or whatever.

For my usage, the Volcano is too huge. Uses up too much herb. It's a party machine from what I can see.

And yes I have used the tricks to reduce the herb chamber on the Plenty. The only use I can see for the Plenty is if you want to create lots and lots of nice evenly colored ABV, without ever actually inhaling. It burns off the cannabinoids REALLY quickly.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Never used a flower pot, but as @CurryLeafTreehugger rightfully points out, the plenty is an awful. Had one, used it for a few weeks, sold it, never looked back. It's inefficient, it handles like s**t, it feels cheap, the temp and heating system is all over the place, the way it runs through herb is a joke for what you get, you feel like you're sucking on an oversized child's toy drill, you'll burn yourself like crazy if you're too impatient with cleaning your bowls and also the metal straw thing gets piping hot, in a deep philosophical sense there is just nothing about this device that makes you feel the love someone may have designed this with (especially compared to say, an underdog), did I mention it feels like you're sucking on a knock-off sex toy for the especially depraved, and finally it's just really not great. Like, I had one of those weird puffit x fake asthma inhaler vaporizers back in the day, and if the end of the world happened and I could only have one vape, I'd genuinely prefer that over the plenty. And that thing sucked MASSIVELY. No offense to anyone here who loves the plenty by the way, may all the hate I feel for this device equal the love you feel for it.

tldr; don't bother with the plenty

Top Bottom