Please help me decide on my first vaporizer

jameshellboy

Good morning,

Im currently in the market for a vape. I purchased the arizer air se last weel but really dont get on with it, mainly due to the long heat up time lack of features and the diffoculty getting a good consistant draw.

The main things i am looking for is

1. Fully portable, i cant use inside so a good solid handheld device which is easy to use, load and gets consistantly good results

2. Potent vapour first, flavour second

3. I like the idea of on demand but its not a deal breaker providing once heated the device performs well and theres no waiting between draws for the oven to reheat.

So my current picks are tiny might 2 or crafty +

I can see pros and cons to both so would really appriciate peoples advice.

Ive heard tiny might is a ripper and clears a bowl in 2 to 3 hits, which i ideal for me if i need a quick hit but i would also like the option of having a relaxed vape walking the dog ect. Is the tiny might capable of that?

The crafty is from what i can see a robust and veru reliable device, and also considerably cheaper. But doesnt have on demand. But seems to suit a lot of my needs, im not sold on the battery but this also isnt a deal breaker for me. Is the crafty capable of producing big hits with any mods or different mouthpieces?

Are the overall effects comparable between devices or will one produce significantly potent vapour compared to the other?

Thanks in advance

jameshellboy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

floribud

I would start with an Airvape Legacy Pro (The ALP). It heats up fast enough to be on-demand, but it also has a session mode. I find the session mode to be pretty versatile. I have a Mighty+ and now I like the ALP more in sesion mode. To me the Mighty loses flavor much to quickly, but you still need to keep hitting it, if you want to get everything out of your flower. The ALP with provide almost as good flavor as the Mighty's first draw, but the ALP. can be easily left on low so you can enjoy the flavor of partidularly good weed, but if you've got mids and your just looking to go up quickly, you can crank up the heat (and still benefit from the nice long cooling airpath) and you can clear the bowl quite quickly, and it's a dark pretty uniform roast. Also it's lighter, slimmer and rounders than it's predecessor, so it fits in pockets pretty well, since portability is a concern of yours.

You find more hotspotting with the TinyMight 2, a not so even roast. That's a problem with every glass stem based convection device I've ever tried, except for the P80, and that's nearly impossible to find now... so that's why I'd recommend an ALP

Downsides, it's messy, but so is every vape, I suppose the TM2 is easist to clean, but I only deep clean mine once a month for about 10 minutes. Some people don't like the material and the marketing, but that doesn't change the performance. Also, it only needs 1 18650 for about 5-7 3-minute sessions. It recarges with USB-C, the battery is easy to change, and it has wireless charging which can be nice to have if you have a wireless charge next to your bed...

floribud,
Reactions: Flow

bhasma

I use dosing capsules in both Mighty+ and TM2. I find no hot spots and the roast is always consistent, and dosing capsules help to keep the oven clean.

zeusjames

The Airvape Legacy Pro and the TM2 are on my short list if I ever want to add a vape to my Roffu. All three use the 18650 replaceable battery. From what I can see the Crafty + can use an 18650 but it looks like a chore to replace. I want an easily replaceable battery with a lot of spares so I always have a charged one available. Vapes with replaceable batteries is a starting point for me.

zeusjames,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Raskolnikov

Good morning,

Im currently in the market for a vape. I purchased the arizer air se last weel but really dont get on with it, mainly due to the long heat up time lack of features and the diffoculty getting a good consistant draw.

The main things i am looking for is

1. Fully portable, i cant use inside so a good solid handheld device which is easy to use, load and gets consistantly good results

2. Potent vapour first, flavour second

3. I like the idea of on demand but its not a deal breaker providing once heated the device performs well and theres no waiting between draws for the oven to reheat.

So my current picks are tiny might 2 or crafty +

I can see pros and cons to both so would really appriciate peoples advice.

Ive heard tiny might is a ripper and clears a bowl in 2 to 3 hits, which i ideal for me if i need a quick hit but i would also like the option of having a relaxed vape walking the dog ect. Is the tiny might capable of that?

The crafty is from what i can see a robust and veru reliable device, and also considerably cheaper. But doesnt have on demand. But seems to suit a lot of my needs, im not sold on the battery but this also isnt a deal breaker for me. Is the crafty capable of producing big hits with any mods or different mouthpieces?

Are the overall effects comparable between devices or will one produce significantly potent vapour compared to the other?

Thanks in advance
If you want a portable I think the tiny might 2 is best for on the go.
Speak to other users in the Air se thread. I have an Arizer EQ and their vapes are usually good. It may be there are ways of making it work more efficiently.

Last edited:
Raskolnikov,
Reactions: Grass Yes

sickmanfraud

I vote for the Tinymight 2. I have a S&B Mighty and AVLP and both are in a box. The Tinymight 2 can give you a very slow flavorful extraction or a 2-3 hit extraction. It depends on your needs and desires at that time.

I have been vaping for about 10 years and I have had many vapes. The Tinymight2 is the only vape I currently use.

To be 100% clear. I could choose from a dozen other vapes and I have only used a Tinymight 2 for as long as I can recall.

Besides the Tinymight 2 being the best vape available, the company is also great. They have a 10 year warranty and they even offered an upgrade and trade-in program for owners of the OG Tinymight.

Raskolnikov

I imagine most will say the same. I joined this forum for advice on a portable. Chose the TM2 and if i hadn't just bought the Screwball I would use the TM2 exclusively for herb. If I am in the garden or elsewhere i use TM2.
From my research, a lot of research the TM2 is the best portable.
Lamart devices, p80 and Bak are rated higher by a lot of vapers on here but they are difficult to come by. I hope one day to get a Bak from Lamart.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Be prepared for your bank balance to take a hit. :lol:

MHL

Try hard noob
Another vote for the TM2, and possibly the airvape legacy pro too. They're both quite similar in a lot of ways- fast heat up time, very decent hits, lots of vapour production, amazing flavour in the first couple of draws. They're both a little bit fiddly and a little bit of a PITA to clean, requiring an alcohol pad between sessions.

The TM2 looks a bit nicer to my eyes, because there is less plastic. But there is a big price difference, and the ALP has to be better value for money. It also has wireless charging.

Welcome to the forum BTW, another noob here.

bhasma

I thought the question was regarding a decision between the Tinymight 2 and the Crafty+ but if not I recommend the Anvil.

bhasma,
Reactions: btka

Duba

Accessory Maker
I thought the question was regarding a decision between the Tinymight 2 and the Crafty+ but if not I recommend the Anvil.
I get it too, but I think the FW9 may be unfamiliar to newcomers to the game. The vape is so much better than a plastic Crafty....
Anvil would be my first recommendation for a vaporizer too but for the time being I tried to stay in the battery/portable category.;)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Another vote for the TM2, and possibly the airvape legacy pro too. They're both quite similar in a lot of ways- fast heat up time, very decent hits, lots of vapour production, amazing flavour in the first couple of draws. They're both a little bit fiddly and a little bit of a PITA to clean, requiring an alcohol pad between sessions.

The TM2 looks a bit nicer to my eyes, because there is less plastic. But there is a big price difference, and the ALP has to be better value for money. It also has wireless charging.

Welcome to the forum BTW, another noob here.
I own (and like) the AVLP. Not to say the TM2 isn't great, I'm sure it is but I couldn't justify the price difference between the two and from what I've read they are very similar.

I would recommend the new dosing capsules to keep the AVLP clean as this is its weakest point for most. Although I don't have capsules, a quick wipedown with alcohol wipes after every second use combined with a deeper clean every couple of weeks is no trouble for me. Those who use the dosing capsules claim there's very little cleaning involved at all.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: MHL

MHL

Try hard noob
I own (and like) the AVLP. Not to say the TM2 isn't great, I'm sure it is but I couldn't justify the price difference between the two and from what I've read they are very similar.

I would recommend the new dosing capsules to keep the AVLP clean as this is its weakest point for most. Although I don't have capsules, a quick wipedown with alcohol wipes after every second use combined with a deeper clean every couple of weeks is no trouble for me. Those who use the dosing capsules claim there's very little cleaning involved at all.
Yea actually I got some of those suckers today!

You're right... for me the pain point with the Legacy has always been the fucking mess it creates... d'erb manages to get into every nook and cranny, and there's quite a few of those in the loading area. And don't get me started on the way it sticks to the dose adjustment disc and clings all round the underside. (By contrast the IQ, Pax and Firefly - with a similar oven style to the Legacy - are pretty mess free and hardly require any cleaning in between sessions. )

Hopefully the dosing capsules will fix that for me.

And while the TM2 is without doubt one of the best vapes I've used, I was slightly disappointed with the build quality. For 300 notes I was expecting something more sturdy and robust and nordic. The metal they use... the way the pokie comes out so easily... that naff button... the leds... it just feels a bit like something you'd pick up from aliexpress for $49.

:lol:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I get it too, but I think the FW9 may be unfamiliar to newcomers to the game. The vape is so much better than a plastic Crafty....
Anvil would be my first recommendation for a vaporizer too but for the time being I tried to stay in the battery/portable category.;)
Seconding the FW9, been my favorite vape for taking on walks, primarily since the stem can be fully retracted into the body. The crucible system takes a bit to get used to, but it keeps the device clean and if you get an extra batch of crucibles you can preload several batches and swap them out on go if you need more than a single crucible in a session. I also just like rolling it in my hand while
I’m toasty since the wood is silky smooth even after I’ve accidentally tossed it in the pocket with my keys a few times.

I’ve been keeping my eye on the TM2 and AVLP too, though I worry their protruding/loose stems would pop off or break in my bag while I’m out and about, though their combo of session and on demand modes seem very interesting. I’ve come close to ordering both, but they don’t seem quite different enough from my fw9 to be worth the cost.

Octavia,
Reactions: Duba

MHL

Try hard noob
Seconding the FW9, been my favorite vape for taking on walks, primarily since the stem can be fully retracted into the body. The crucible system takes a bit to get used to, but it keeps the device clean and if you get an extra batch of crucibles you can preload several batches and swap them out on go if you need more than a single crucible in a session. I also just like rolling it in my hand while
I’m toasty since the wood is silky smooth even after I’ve accidentally tossed it in the pocket with my keys a few times.

I’ve been keeping my eye on the TM2 and AVLP too, though I worry their protruding/loose stems would pop off or break in my bag while I’m out and about, though their combo of session and on demand modes seem very interesting. I’ve come close to ordering both, but they don’t seem quite different enough from my fw9 to be worth the cost.
I'm jealous, I've never seen those FW9s until today and I have to admit I fancy one quite badly.

You're totally right.... the AVLP mouthpiece comes off all the time. The TM2 glass stem feels more solid than you might think, but not sure how it would come out of a fight with your keys.

MHL,
Reactions: Octavia

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm jealous, I've never seen those FW9s until today and I have to admit I fancy one quite badly.

You're totally right.... the AVLP mouthpiece comes off all the time. The TM2 glass stem feels more solid than you might think, but not sure how it would come out of a fight with your keys.
It is annoying that the AVLP mouthpiece can come off in your pocket. I just remove it if I think it's somewhere it could come loose. The unit works well without it as well if you don't care to carry it. Most of the time it's in a hard case so I don't have issues with it myself.

As for the TM2, I've had some Arizer vapes in the past so I know what can happen with exposed glass. Gotta be careful.

Bazinga

I vote for the Tinymight 2. I have a S&B Mighty and AVLP and both are in a box. The Tinymight 2 can give you a very slow flavorful extraction or a 2-3 hit extraction. It depends on your needs and desires at that time.

I have been vaping for about 10 years and I have had many vapes. The Tinymight2 is the only vape I currently use.

To be 100% clear. I could choose from a dozen other vapes and I have only used a Tinymight 2 for as long as I can recall.

Besides the Tinymight 2 being the best vape available, the company is also great. They have a 10 year warranty and they even offered an upgrade and trade-in program for owners of the OG Tinymight.
Didn't know they have a trade up program. I have 2 original TMs. I will have to check this out.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
As for the TM2, I've had some Arizer vapes in the past so I know what can happen with exposed glass. Gotta be careful.

That's not really apples to apples at all, (aside from potential to use metal or wood stems) Arizer stems do not sit as deep or as secure, TM stems go in deeper, while the o-ring is much more robust, and it has a top retainer ring to further control the tightness of the fit... Especially if you do not have a super long stem or bent stem sticking out, it is super easy to pocket etc. I have no concern when I use mine that way, and I use the Good Vibes Boro U-turn stem with it now so it's more involved and still very secure and portable imo... Honestly this and the toad/nomad have the most secure stem connection I've ever seen on any glass stem based vape (and I've had most of them) :2c:

Didn't know they have a trade up program. I have 2 original TMs. I will have to check this out.

Yeah dude! Upgrade one of those to a TM2, reminds me I should do that with one of my TM1 before the year is out as well...

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That's not really apples to apples at all, (aside from potential to use metal or wood stems) Arizer stems do not sit as deep or as secure, TM stems go in deeper, while the o-ring is much more robust, and it has a top retainer ring to further control the tightness of the fit... Especially if you do not have a super long stem or bent stem sticking out, it is super easy to pocket etc. I have no concern when I use mine that way, and I use the Good Vibes Boro U-turn stem with it now so it's more involved and still very secure and portable imo... Honestly this and the toad/nomad have the most secure stem connection I've ever seen on any glass stem based vape (and I've had most of them) :2c:
I think you maybe assumed I was worried about the stem connection being loose, causing the glass stem fall out of a TM2 but that's not the case. I just meant glass is fragile and can be chipped or cracked easily by bumping into something hard or even a light fall at the wrong angle. Not a dealbreaker but I even had an Argo get chipped from an unlucky small tumble onto a hard table.

Edit: You're absolutely right about the alternate stems though. You don't have to use glass on a TM2 if you don't want to.

Last edited:

MHL

Try hard noob
You'd think robustness would be a higher priority considering the user base. I like the pax and the iq for their ability to be slung around.

Shit Snacks

I think you maybe assumed I was worried about the stem connection being loose, causing the glass stem fall out of a TM2 but that's not the case. I just meant glass is fragile and can be chipped or cracked easily by bumping into something hard or even a light fall at the wrong angle. Not a dealbreaker but I even had an Argo get chipped from an unlucky small tumble onto a hard table.

I understood your concern, and I still think it's not the same, not only is the glass different, the amount it sticks out and the way it connects is different... Concern about glass in general is a separate concern, of course it is potentially fragile but it's not all created equal (I do not think the design of the Argo is good in the same way) Anyway my experience is it's easy to take care and not have any issue but some people are not that way of course, glass is a trade-off

You'd think robustness would be a higher priority considering the user base. I like the pax and the iq for their ability to be slung around.

I don't know how you would define robustness, I find TM reliable and durable, I find pax and IQ much less enjoyable to use, vapor quality-wise, maintenance keeping clean, loading and unloading... They also still break potentially from a drop with plenty parts... Everything is a trade off

MHL

Try hard noob
Vapour wise I agree the pax and iq are lacking. And that's the point of them, so it's a biggie. But maintenance and loading wise they are much easier for me. Scrabble out the crud. Drop in some fresh and you're done. A wipe with an isopropyl cloth every now and than. I'd also give them better odds in a drop or rattling round in a handbag.

MHL,
Reactions: Bologna

Shit Snacks

But maintenance and loading wise they are much easier for me

For me it's much easier with a glass stem, you don't even need to clean, just replace the stem and screen, cleaning less frequent, and it's super easy to do because the chamber and pathway are fully removable, the rest of the vape doesn't need to be maintained or cleaned at all (in my experience conduction session device chamber is more involved) while loading and unloading are easier with potential to straw suck and blow out after

Top Bottom