Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
Of course I will gladly switch out any damaged pong with a glass pong once they are available. Also, reminder, your pong is covered under warranty. I know that doesn't help if you have concerns about it, but that is all I have to offer until we get the gonp (glass on plastic???)

I know nobody ever believes me when I at this, but I haven't had a single vendor return a pong (1,000's) I don't even know what to make of that stat, but it's true

Good news because my pong flaking bad and i really don't buy a new mp i haven't had my pnp more than a month.

$unnyblaq,

theCerberus

As TRVB has said, we have not gotten ONE SINGLE RETURN of a damaged PES PONG. I have never seen it first hand.

No offence @Engineering but after my first PonG melted and my PES pong started chipping/melting I gave up on the unit and dont use it anymore.

Consider this is a device that we are using for safer health, we dont want to inhale anything mysterious.

When you receive a replacement plastic piece that is CLEARLY a reinforced version and it still chips you question where those chips went, and why on earth youd continue using this device.

If you want a damaged PES PonG I'd be happy to send you it. Just know I'm going to have to pay international shipping to do so.
Denying that youve never seen a damaged one first hand is pretty fishy considering how fast they chip and the amount of users posting they have this issue.

Set it to 5, put in the titanium bullet and use the PES PonG, it'll chip.....

Last edited:

OutkastBoss

So we are seeing progress with the Pong issues and I am happy you are continuing to work on that for us. the fact that a pic of 5 Pong versions exists with a 6th glass version coming shows that you have been working on this issue and hopefully this is the final revision that nails it. I would like to request an all black version of the new piece as well.

I understand a redesign is out of the question so removable batteries are a no go. I still feel you can address the problem at least for people that wouldn't need to ship it around the world by doing a battery replacement program. If the nature of the items residue from it possible uses prevents this because of legal reasons I understand completely. Another option could be a reduced replacement fee for customers with batteries that have expired or lost most of their capacity like mine.

If you are not able to address the issue providing us with the info needed for a QUALIFIED person to change the battery and recalibrate would go a LONG way. I understand officially doing this could be a liability but this info could easily be leaked without liability. There are many hobbyist like me in r/c and other areas that can solder to a battery without it blowing up in their face or electronics professionals that could be hired locally.

I was disappointed in my C.S. dealings with you guys but I want to see you succeed and addressing these 2 issues quiets virtually every negative thing I have heard about the unit making it undeniably the best unit of its type in the market. I really like the idea of a screw on Pong for the pn3 or pro2 or whatever you are hopefully making to continue this form factor in a new more refined product.

I still feel like I was mistreated when I had my issues but everyone has a bad day. If you ever feel like shooting me a Pm to bury the hatchet it could go a long way for at least this one customer.

Sativape

So we are seeing progress with the Pong issues and I am happy you are continuing to work on that for us. the fact that a pic of 5 Pong versions exists with a 6th glass version coming shows that you have been working on this issue and hopefully this is the final revision that nails it. I would like to request an all black version of the new piece as well.

I understand a redesign is out of the question so removable batteries are a no go. I still feel you can address the problem at least for people that wouldn't need to ship it around the world by doing a battery replacement program. If the nature of the items residue from it possible uses prevents this because of legal reasons I understand completely. Another option could be a reduced replacement fee for customers with batteries that have expired or lost most of their capacity like mine.

If you are not able to address the issue providing us with the info needed for a QUALIFIED person to change the battery and recalibrate would go a LONG way. I understand officially doing this could be a liability but this info could easily be leaked without liability. There are many hobbyist like me in r/c and other areas that can solder to a battery without it blowing up in their face or electronics professionals that could be hired locally.

I was disappointed in my C.S. dealings with you guys but I want to see you succeed and addressing these 2 issues quiets virtually every negative thing I have heard about the unit making it undeniably the best unit of its type in the market. I really like the idea of a screw on Pong for the pn3 or pro2 or whatever you are hopefully making to continue this form factor in a new more refined product.

I still feel like I was mistreated when I had my issues but everyone has a bad day. If you ever feel like shooting me a Pm to bury the hatchet it could go a long way for at least this one customer.

@ OutkastBoss,

No doubt with the new Pong/Gong, this puts the PNP on top.

So, I finished a bullet, and was staring at your icon... wondering wtf does it remind me of... and here it is:
81599-street-fighter-ii-dos-screenshot-dhalsim-vs-blankas.png

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Just want to give a shout-out to Eric, Dave and the staff at VB. They took care of my small issue professionally and efficiently.

My PNP is working like a champ. Hope everyone is ultimately as happy as I am with this unit.

I look forward to the newly designed PonG (GonGandP?) and the Baker.
An early 'Happy Valentine's Day' to everyone...especially you, Dreamerr, with the mezmorizing lips!:love:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just want to give a shout-out to Eric, Dave and the staff at VB. They took care of my small issue professionally and efficiently.

My PNP is working like a champ. Hope everyone is ultimately as happy as I am with this unit.

I look forward to the newly designed PonG (GonGandP?) and the Baker.
An early 'Happy Valentine's Day' to everyone...especially you, Dreamerr, with the mezmorizing lips!:love:

Gee no card, flowers or even a PM........I must be slipping:whip:

@TRVB and @Engineering , can't you see people love your vapes and we are just asking for one part to be changed that isn't holding up? We have repeatedly said we like the pnp and some of us like me the pn but we don't like the pong/mp cause of the creep. I think both of you saying just buy another vape is not nice at all. I don't recall seeing more then a couple of posts bashing the company or either of you. I just recall constructive ideas for improvement.

Also a few asked for replaceable batteries but the rest just asked about the battery replacement program which was mentioned by @trvb but never followed up on.

I think the hostility comes from lack of answers. We are here cause we like what the vape has to offer. It saddened me to see both of you take such a defensive stance and stick your feet in the sand like a little kid and say this is the way I want to do it and that is that. As far as the 1000 of ones that haven't been returned, what makes you think that people would be bothered number one and number two what makes you think that big companies would be bothered sending them to you. It isn't worth there effort is my guess. Also maybe we are more informed on this forum and have a larger amount of medical users who vape a lot more often. Even the rec users here might vape more often as they are in the know:shrug:.

I will be awaiting my glass pong when they are available as stated by your post TIA. You have my info.

fogbank

I have also read that some people are using Isopropyl alcohol to clean the bullets and inside heating chamber, is there a certain percentage (proof) you should not use as may cause damage? Would buying Isopropyl alcohol wipes be suitable as maybe a little easier to use I'm thinking.

This does not answer your question directly, but I can tell you that I have run many loads through my bullet and have never done anything more than blow through it to clean it. It has never retained any material or noticeable resin. It seems to come perfectly clean once I empty the spent load.

Some are using a screen on top of their herb in the bullet.

I have never used my PnP without a screen on top of the herb (inverted dome). I have been using very dry, very finely ground material (nearly powder). I get tons of very thick vapor from the first hit, even on level 2. I can recommend using a screen, but I cannot point out the benefits over going screenless, since I have never used the PnP without one. The screen in the mouthpiece part still accumulates resin.

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
@TherealVaporblunt @Engineering

Let me explain in detail why I like the Pinnacle Pro and what I feel is an issue. That way you can understand what I mean, and I am sure others have similar thoughts about the vape. We just want progress with the mouth piece.

-Size
It is really small, much smaller than I expected. Which is a good thing.
-Design
It looks really really slick. Modern, and does not feel like a janky piece of equipment. It looks the part. The indicator lights, and the glossy finish near the one button really look nice. The styling really is nice.
-Weight
It feels nice in the hands, not to heavy. It could use a bit more weight to feel really nice, but its not an issue at all that's just a personal thing.
-Functionality
One button press to turn on, hold it down to turn off. That's Great! The indicator lights are great too, the higher temps you want the more lights display. As it heats up through the levels the lights flash then turn solid depending on the level its on. That's really cool, and useful to know where the temps are at depending on which level you are on.
-Loading it
The bullet is pretty cool, just fill it up and drop it in. Not too hard, and I like it. Easy cleaning
-Using it
Taking a draw is easy, not much resistance and you get nice little puffs of vapor as well as the flavor from the material. After its spent, well you have the taste that matches. Not a big deal.
-Battery
It seems to last about a few days if you use it on and off. One session here, one session there. If you are using it continuously, I am sure the battery will die much quicker. This is a portable though so its not a big deal for me, I don't vape much. A heftier battery would be nice so it lasts longer but I am not too worried at the moment.
-Mouth Piece
Lets vapor flow through, you get the vapor and that's that. Its a mouth piece. I do believe the material gives the vapor a certain flavor, so it affects taste. The risk of it melting due to it touching the bullet is there. Since if you tilt the vape there is potential for the hot bullet to touch and heat up the mouth piece much more than just using it normally. That risk has to be eliminated and from what you guys are saying it seems like it is going to be resolved. Once we get an all glass air path way, flavor and vape quality will most likely go up. The risk of fumes and melting plastic really makes me uncomfortable.

I really want to keep this thing, use it and enjoy it. So the active communication with us really helps us out.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@Engineering Really happy a dialogue is happening, thanks. I'm also really happy to send you my melted PonG for investigation.

Gee no card, flowers or even a PM........I must be slipping:whip:

@TRVB and @Engineering , can't you see people love your vapes and we are just asking for one part to be changed that isn't holding up? We have repeatedly said we like the pnp and some of us like me the pn but we don't like the pong/mp cause of the creep. I think both of you saying just buy another vape is not nice at all. I don't recall seeing more then a couple of posts bashing the company or either of you. I just recall constructive ideas for improvement.

Also a few asked for replaceable batteries but the rest just asked about the battery replacement program which was mentioned by @trvb but never followed up on.

I think the hostility comes from lack of answers. We are here cause we like what the vape has to offer. It saddened me to see both of you take such a defensive stance and stick your feet in the sand like a little kid and say this is the way I want to do it and that is that. As far as the 1000 of ones that haven't been returned, what makes you think that people would be bothered number one and number two what makes you think that big companies would be bothered sending them to you. It isn't worth there effort is my guess. Also maybe we are more informed on this forum and have a larger amount of medical users who vape a lot more often. Even the rec users here might vape more often as they are in the know:shrug:.

I will be awaiting my glass pong when they are available as stated by your post TIA. You have my info.

Agreed.

Philreal187

Would have to be a very tiny one. Most of the ones I've seen are too large to fit properly.
yeah for sure I seen some on ebay with the jack style next to a dime and it looks really close I but don't wanna buy them and just have 10 glass screens that don't fit the bullet. I have round screens from my vape whip but no good way to cut one to fit

The 3/8 inch glass honeycomb screen should sit in the bullet if my eyes don't deceive, has anyone tried this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Philreal187,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
yeah for sure I seen some on ebay with the jack style next to a dime and it looks really close I but don't wanna buy them and just have 10 glass screens that don't fit the bullet. I have round screens from my vape whip but no good way to cut one to fit
The glass flower pipe screens off Amazon, that they have been using with the Ascent fit the top of the bullet as a good screen. Also with cotton works too.

Philreal187

The glass flower pipe screens off Amazon, that they have been using with the Ascent fit the top of the bullet as a good screen. Also with cotton works too.
The cotton does not get burned or vaped at all? I don't know much about using cotton in a vaporizer.

Philreal187,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There's a thread Vaping With Cotton. I use cotton in almost all my vapes. it works well to keep things clean, also as a spacer. I only vape to heat level 3 and vaped on 4 just a couple times. I've had my unit since October, I have no mouthpiece or pong problems. I use the pong because the mouthpiece vapor is too harsh. I've attached a small glass piece to the pong, the vapor isn't as harsh now, got the idea a month ago from FCers on this thread.

herbivore21

I wanted to respond to this post in particular, since it seems to question my professionalism.

1: It has been clearly stated many times to NOT use the flavor tips as they melt under the high temps. This is why the pnp does not come with flavor tips. (the only plastic available to use with a flavor additive is LDPE - it has a pretty low melt point, which is probably why it can be used with flavoring.)

2: Weeks of testing were preformed on this design. During which many issues were found, and fixed. I wont go into all the failures we have seen, as it is something you would expect of any company prior to introducing a product. We have never, even to this date, seen the issues people have been reporting on this thread. As TRVB has said, we have not gotten ONE SINGLE RETURN of a damaged PES PONG. I have never seen it first hand. How, I ask, am I supposed to diagnose and evaluate a failure I have never seen? I cannot and will not do engineering analysis via an internet message board.

3: To have a removable battery the unit will get larger. We made the decision that the battery would be internal (like MANY consumer products today are) in order to provide the smallest unit possible. If you want a removable battery, buy another product.

@Engineering :

1. Sorry, but your website says "Flavored Tips 4 Pack Flavored Tip Pack for all vaporBLUNT products". I understand that perhaps they are not for use with the PNP.
http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/ - Your website doesn't do a brilliant job of showing it there! You have still not responded to my melted non-flavoured mouthtip (which melted in the connection to the mouthpiece adapter).

2. My custom blown glass GonG is well on the way here. I will gladly post you guys a damaged PES pong. Keep in mind this also requires international postage from me.

3. I do not want a removable battery for the average pleb, I want the option of purchasing an original battery from you guys and putting it in myself. I am only asking for the availability of batteries and instructions that a qualified electrician/technician/engineer could use to install them. I appreciate making the battery easily replaceable may have implications for the rest of the design. I am not asking for that. I only want the instructions and availability of a replacement battery without waiting for a month's worth of international postage to get a battery replaced!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I want to be clear: I am not questioning your professionalism. I was simply politely suggesting that you take your end users seriously here. SticksnStones may be onto something here, we may indeed have some rogue devices that are heating up too much!

I have spoken with Eric and David via email and phone and found both to be friendly and professional people. I have had slow responses to emails, but I am assuming the cannabis cup had something to do with that. I am simply highlighting that for one reason or another, a significant enough number of your units have been melting/cracking/chipping PonG stems, let alone the creep. This is what we need to address. I think the GonG you have designed is well on the way to fixing this, the using the outside of a PonG as a sleeve to fix the GonG to the unit is a good idea too!

However, if I could politely suggest to please ensure that there is no plastic stem inside the PonG sleeve, this is the melty bit! The Glass Stem of the gong should be made to secure in an airtight way to the white ring that the PonG stem sits on during normal use. Then you can claim an all glass pathway and with battery availability and instructions for qualified tradespeople, you will have IMO the best portable vaporizer out there. :-)

Please know that we are with you, not against you here. I am impressed by your engagement with the community here, and understand it might get one flustered seeing loads of people complain about an issue that you can't seem to replicate. Let us help you identify the issues, it's what we're here for! You guys are well on the right track, I truly appreciate that you will replace damaged PonGs with GonGs once available too. That is good service and professionalism.

Issues happen in industrial design, I get it. We get testy about them from time to time because they effect our health. I breathed in a nasty gob full of plastic vapor last night when my 2 day old PonG melted on setting 5 with the FMJ (which I actually managed to get good vapor out of for the first time, wish I knew how!) and water tool. I think I'm being cool about it too, I just want to know when we'll have availability on the GonGs and get back to enjoying my unit, rather than having to revert to combustion whilst my vaporizer is not usable!

Kindest regards and seriously, genuine appreciation of your time here,

Herbivore21

herbivore21

Got my Astro 3E, but the vendor forgot to add the 3.5mm barell cable :argh:
Very nice device nontheless and everything fits snug in a 10" dimebag. The "smellproof" bag inside is excellent to hide eventually occuring odors (I keep my PNP and the bullet holder in it), the 2 padded mini pockets hold all accessoires that came with the unit and the inside zip pocket is the perfect home for the Astro3E plus cables.
Have you tested this to charge your PNP yet? Does it work? If so, I'm buying one!

herbivore21,
Reactions: Sativape

Sativape

Sativape,

herbivore21

@ herbivore21

FC members on this thread have verified that the Astro 3E does charge the unit while not in use.
Also note that it does not have enough power to run the PNP during use.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pinnacle-pro.10651/page-102#post-512350

I asked the same thing a while back and VAPEHUNTER confirmed.
Great! You guys are each respectively the man! Also, is the reason that it can't provide enough power to run the PNP while charging, is this because the individuals in question have used 5v usb to 3.5mm barrel jack leads that are only rated for less than 3A?

herbivore21,

Sativape

Great! You guys are each respectively the man! Also, is the reason that it can't provide enough power to run the PNP while charging, is this because the individuals in question have used 5v usb to 3.5mm barrel jack leads that are only rated for less than 3A?

The can't see the barrel jack or the barrel jack leads being an issue.
Even the stock AC adapter that comes with the PNP has very thin guage wire.
I believe it has to do with the current draw that is required by the PNP while heating up.
Also, I'm sure that the plug in charger only by-passes the battery when it is turned on while plugged in.
I don't think it charges the battery while it is turned on and plugged in.
If you're looking for compact portabibility, then the Astro 3E will provide you charging capability between sessions while the PNP is off.
If you are looking for a more robust solution, then you'll need to go with something that another FC member on here posted such as this, but you won't be so portable but it is still an option for long term PNP use while away from wall AC power. You'll use the following with the stock wall adapter:
DRPP600_Large.png

Sativape,
Top Bottom