Photo Printing/ Ordering

ginolicious

So I have this issue where I have a lot of photos on my iPhone 7. I took the photos with iphone. I want to have these photos printed so I can frame them and put them around my house. Family photos of my kids. I was doing some research and I have heard thaT google photos is a great site. Does great quality and it’s pretty affordable. Does anyone have experience with this site or any other sites to have my photos printed? Also want to blow a few photos up beyond the regular 5x7 but don’t want the photos to get pixelated. Any ideas how I could know how big I can go without distorting them?

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I never used Google but I'm sure it's fine... we've used different places over the years, I forget exactly which but never had any issues as I can recall...

How big you can go without noticeable pixelation is dependent on the resolution, and taking that into account if it's being blown up or reduced. In regular offset printing, 300dpi @ 100% is fine but you can often get away with half that.

I forget what the res of iPhone 7 pics is, but I'm sure if you don't blow em up too much, 8 x 10s should be fine.

why not maybe just order a few of various sizes first to see before placing a big order?

Bologna,

strech

We have had Shutterstock print a bunch of stuff for us. Everything has been done well.

Last year went to the local Walgreens to have a bunch of small 5*7 made up for the kids science fair projects. That was a tedious process due to their sizing and processing. We went in with a thumb drive and sat at their little computer desk thing. Took a bit but depending on your local staff and their knowledge of the system might be easy. I was left figuring it out on my own.

strech,
Top Bottom