Phase3 Vaporizers

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've been using Mike's test basket screen now for awhile. The walls were a little high for the Z bowl.. He mentioned as he continues to work on the press, he'll try a smaller size that'll hopefully fit well for that.

What I received does work great in the Phase3 glass bowl! Definitely raised the herb up, allowing for lower temps and great flavor :rockon:
I've trimmed just a bit off the top of the basket since this pic.

HERE's a couple of pulls, medium grind, with a quick stir. About 10 degrees lower than usual.
HERE's one, fine grind, with a bit more chug.

Probably using about the same about of herb as I would with the flat screen. A little tricky to get it to sit how you want at first, but some practice and buildup helps. Well done :clap:
Thanks for the photos and shoutout!

Indeed I'm a bit swamped right now, but those basket screens were punched out from 1-inch diameter screens. I've already got an idea on how I can design a version to work with 3/4-inch screens which should reduce the basket depth. I'm hoping to finalize my new press sometime in the next few weeks! :science:

HughJass

Just a minor change, but the switch to white sapphire removes all the chromium ( the metallic oxide which gives rubies their red color) from the bead maze.
I had wondered about this, but I also assumed the trace amounts are fairly small / not worth worrying about especially in combination with the fact that the temperature is not nearly hot enough to ‘liberate’ it.
(That being said when I take a big hit I do think of / feel like dale gribble from king of the hill when he says that line ‘I’m going to live forever- chromium picolinate, every orfice, every day’ lol)

I’m interested in potentially changing over in the future if you ever offer ‘replacement’ balls :brow:
(I know I can get them fairly cheap, but I trust you will find a better source than I could)

Thank you for sticking through everything man, I can’t wait to see what else you’ve got planned!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Glad to hear that things are progressing in your business and life. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks so much for the kind comments, appreciate you all a ton!

I had wondered about this, but I also assumed the trace amounts are fairly small / not worth worrying about especially in combination with the fact that the temperature is not nearly hot enough to ‘liberate’ it.
(That being said when I take a big hit I do think of / feel like dale gribble from king of the hill when he says that line ‘I’m going to live forever- chromium picolinate, every orfice, every day’ lol)

I’m interested in potentially changing over in the future if you ever offer ‘replacement’ balls :brow:
(I know I can get them fairly cheap, but I trust you will find a better source than I could)

Thank you for sticking through everything man, I can’t wait to see what else you’ve got planned!

I don't think it's a huge deal but I always end up running sapphires in my personal units so I figured I might as well just send them out like that.

It's probably nothing, but I don't really like the idea of materials that change colors from different temperatures. Rubies look cool in a glass or quartz housing like my original Sapphire Evaporator from the beginnings of this thread, but I don't think they have the same aesthetic punch in an opaque housing to warrant the higher cost.

I could potentially offer them on the website, though I don't necessarily recommend disassembling these devices.

And thank you! I'm excited to get some more new stuff going and get back into the design phase again.

Anyone know of a vendor for white sapphire balls in small (like, what would be needed to fill a single ZX) quantities? I dropped mine a while back and lost maybe 25% of my rubies; still works fine but I figure I should get it properly filled back up at some point.

That's very interesting that you dropped it and beads fell out, very unusual, I wonder if a screen in the heater was installed incorrectly by me? I can't imagine that happening unless a screen wasn't properly seated in the groove as you have to physically destroy the screen by crushing it onto itself to remove them. Very sorry to hear about that, drop me an email and I'll send you some.

staircase slight of hand

I can't imagine that happening unless a screen wasn't properly seated in the groove as you have to physically destroy the screen by crushing it onto itself to remove them.

Yeah, after packing up the balls I could find and getting the screen back in, my first thought was “how the heck am I ever going to get the screen out again if I want to add more balls?”. Nice tight fit; I must have either had my top screen not seated 100% or just dropped it at a very peculiar angle. Thanks for the kind offer; I’ll drop you a message.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead how is shipping looking? I think you said you were expecting some parts in yesterday? (Wednesday).

I'm only missing the screens so that I can assemble everything, I'm checking with the screen company to make sure they sent them to my new address.

Not IME. One drop, one explosion of hot spheres.

That's extremely surprising to read and I sincerely apologize for that experience - do you know if your ZX is from the first or second production? The dimensions on the screen ledge on the second batch are held to a smaller, tighter, tolerance. Perhaps one of them is better than the other.

That said, I would still have to chalk it up as an isolated incident from a flawed installation on my behalf as the screens are physically larger than the bore and I don't believe it's possible for a properly seated screen to just pop out from impact. If I had to guess, possibly the smaller gap and tighter tolerances made it easier for part of the screen to miss the ledge during installation for 100% seating. That's the only thing I can think of for now that might cause that to happen.

Definitely something I will be paying closer attention to during assembly for these new parts. I genuinely wouldn't send anything out if I didn't feel completely comfortable regarding its safety.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
That's extremely surprising to read and I sincerely apologize for that experience - do you know if your ZX is from the first or second production? The dimensions on the screen ledge on the second batch are held to a smaller, tighter, tolerance. Perhaps one of them is better than the other.

That said, I would still have to chalk it up as an isolated incident from a flawed installation on my behalf as the screens are physically larger than the bore and I don't believe it's possible for a properly seated screen to just pop out from impact. If I had to guess, possibly the smaller gap and tighter tolerances made it easier for part of the screen to miss the ledge during installation for 100% seating. That's the only thing I can think of for now that might cause that to happen.
First production fs. I don't think it's unusual at all, and I'm not frosty abt it either, I dropped that damn thing (and if picture posting wasn't such a pain I'd show a hilarious pic of 8x tiny rubies stuck to my extension cord).
The screen doesn't have enough rigidity to remain planar when it gets hammered by the bead pack as the shell hits the floor. Physics at work; it's inescapable.

ViperVape

I'm only missing the screens so that I can assemble everything, I'm checking with the screen company to make sure they sent them to my new address.

Definitely something I will be paying closer attention to during assembly for these new parts. I genuinely wouldn't send anything out if I didn't feel completely comfortable regarding its safety.
Any update on the screens?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Any update on the screens?

They sent the wrong screens for the ZX 😑

E1-D35-E81-D547-4-A98-9-AC0-F3817-C37-CC06.jpg

The mesh is too fine on those which makes them too flimsy to use.

The ZXL screens look right so I should be able to start assembling those.

I’ve been trying to contact these guys for a couple days but haven’t been able to get through to anyone yet. I’ve had this issue with them once before and they quickly resolved it so they should be good for it. I just tried messaging through another platform to see if that nets a reply. It sucks because I specifically requested this mesh size but I’m not sure if they ever saw the message.

I sliced my finger open kinda bad on an aluminum can two nights ago so it’s sort of difficult to do a whole lot with my good hand right this second. That said, I’m doing what I can to help get these along, really sorry about these additional random delays.

There’s a whole car load worth of stuff for this project but I don’t own a car, so it took me a day or two to get some help to bring all this gear back from my mailbox.

86772-F52-4-BA0-4-DF4-BED5-A6-ECA0-C6271-C.jpg

I have a number of already assembled ZX’s from the November shipment filled with rubies and coils that I will try to get sent out first. These were units that were just waiting for more bowls to make a complete kit. I should be able to take apart some of my 50 pc screen sets to assemble some more ZX’s while I wait for more of the correct screens. I have some on hand, but not enough for all the orders or 50pc extra screen add-ons.

3-B5791-D0-D4-FF-4-B7-F-8-A50-7066-C929236-B.jpg

Thanks so much for your continued patience and support of this one man band.
This is the most orders I’ve ever had to prepare at once so it’s a little bit intimidating, albeit exciting.

Thanks so much everyone for the opportunities to be here.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Last edited:

MennilTossFlykune

I’ve been trying to contact these guys for a couple days but haven’t been able to get through to anyone yet. I’ve had this issue with them once before and they quickly resolved it so they should be good for it. I just tried messaging through another platform to see if that nets a reply. It sucks because I specifically requested this mesh size but I’m not sure if they ever saw the message.

I sliced my finger open kinda bad on an aluminum can two nights ago so it’s sort of difficult to do a whole lot with my good hand right this second. That said, I’m doing what I can to help get these along, really sorry about these additional random delays.

There’s a whole car load worth of stuff for this project but I don’t own a car, so it took me a day or two to get some help to bring all this gear back from my mailbox.

I have a number of already assembled ZX’s from the November shipment filled with rubies and coils that I will try to get sent out first. These were units that were just waiting for more bowls to make a complete kit. I should be able to take apart some of my 50 pc screen sets to assemble some more ZX’s while I wait for more of the correct screens. I have some on hand, but not enough for all the orders or 50pc extra screen add-ons.

This is the most orders I’ve ever had to prepare at once so it’s a little bit intimidating, albeit exciting.

Kind regards,

Ryan
Thanks for the update! I'm very excited! I would forgo the additional 50x screens from my order if you want to get it out the door faster or if it helps you in any way.

ViperVape

Kind regards,

Ryan
Might be best to skip the 50 pc screen add on for everyone just so you have enough parts for ZX assembly 😎

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I heard back from the screen company like
2 minutes after I posted this morning. The correct ones are on the way and should be here before the end of the week.

Omitting the extra screens sounds like a good idea but ultimately it’s probably better to hold it out for a couple more days. Technically the screens by themselves should be able to ship with just a stamp, but the post office doesn’t really like that and tends to want to charge it as a parcel which ends up making them a total loss in the margins to send them like that. If it was just a couple orders it wouldn’t be a big deal but when billed as a parcel it could turn into hundreds of dollars in extra shipping which would be a lot for a small company like this one.

Even without the additional 50pc screen sets I offer, every kit is supposed to come with a set of 20 screens to keep the experience fresh. So to be able to do that still takes hundreds (more like thousands) of screens.

Besides I definitely want people to have extra screens as anytime the performance starts declining and you find you need to increase the temperatures to get the same experience, 99% of the time it’s from a dirty clogged screen.

Will try and post another update tomorrow, should be a pretty busy one.

ZXL VERSUS ZX

615191-AA-BA3-A-43-B3-9-E12-D4-B7-CBD7-FCA8.jpg

MonkeyTime

I heard back from the screen company like
2 minutes after I posted this morning. The correct ones are on the way and should be here before the end of the week.

Omitting the extra screens sounds like a good idea but ultimately it’s probably better to hold it out for a couple more days. Technically the screens by themselves should be able to ship with just a stamp, but the post office doesn’t really like that and tends to want to charge it as a parcel which ends up making them a total loss in the margins to send them like that. If it was just a couple orders it wouldn’t be a big deal but when billed as a parcel it could turn into hundreds of dollars in extra shipping which would be a lot for a small company like this one.

Even without the additional 50pc screen sets I offer, every kit is supposed to come with a set of 20 screens to keep the experience fresh. So to be able to do that still takes hundreds (more like thousands) of screens.

Besides I definitely want people to have extra screens as anytime the performance starts declining and you find you need to increase the temperatures to get the same experience, 99% of the time it’s from a dirty clogged screen.

Will try and post another update tomorrow, should be a pretty busy one.

ZXL VERSUS ZX

615191-AA-BA3-A-43-B3-9-E12-D4-B7-CBD7-FCA8.jpg
Are the o-rings going to be for sale? I'd love to throw a pair on my zx!

Can't wait for the zxl, I need to clean some glass in prep!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are the o-rings going to be for sale? I'd love to throw a pair on my zx!

Can't wait for the zxl, I need to clean some glass in prep!

Send me your ZXL order number and I’ll include some for the ZX in the box. Everybody should have received them but a couple of the envelopes got returned for some reason.

Rainy day today - working on assembling, and packaging everything up. Shouldn’t be long at all now, just getting everything sorted so I can start packing up boxes quickly.

ZX and ZXL bowls are all finished.
ZXL screens are packaged.
ZX’s are all assembled.

Working on ZXL assembly and coil installs today, everything is nearing completion to get all these orders out.

Thanks everyone

Ryan

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Send me your ZXL order number and I’ll include some for the ZX in the box. Everybody should have received them but a couple of the envelopes got returned for some reason.

Rainy day today - working on assembling, and packaging everything up. Shouldn’t be long at all now, just getting everything sorted so I can start packing up boxes quickly.

ZX and ZXL bowls are all finished.
ZXL screens are packaged.
ZX’s are all assembled.

Working on ZXL assembly and coil installs today, everything is nearing completion to get all these orders out.

Thanks everyone

Ryan

Man, I'm so excited. Something tells me my zx is going to be a great partner to my minivap. I'll be in flavor town forever
GIF by Food Network

Top Bottom