Phase3 Vaporizers

CaleidosCope

I have also made some progress. A cost-effective solution for a bowl with reduction. I think the pictures say it all. No more grinding necessary ( Polishing would be good). It no longer falls out! ...and the ZXBowl stays as it is ;) - Heaven! :smug:

If you go for 19mm joints an 19/14 inline-cut adapter will work too.

Last edited:

Ferg

Just replaced my stainless screens with titanium don't really notice a difference but certainly feel fancier.
Can 1noob, dab&grabass, or another member tell me the exact size of the screen for the ZX ceramic zirconia bowl, and also, what is a good source for titanium replacement screens? I have a ZX bundle on order, and I want to replace the stainless steel screen it comes with. Also, is there any trick (specific tool or joint needed) to remove the existing screen and insert a new one in the ZX ceramic bowl? Many thanks!

Ferg

Snowtree titanium screens 1/2" working well with 14mm zbowl.
Thank you so much for the info! Yes, mine is the 14mm version of the ZX bowl. Is it best to use something like the blunt wooden end of a Storz & Bickel cleaning brush or stir stick to pop the screen out and same technique to reinstall? And is it best to go from the top or bottom of the ZX bowl when removing /installing a screen?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Time for some revelations.

1. The piece you use can greatly affect the flavor you get. I have a goo roo hd 3 piece. I have a beaker with a natural perc in the down stem. I have a sky glass lunar bubbler. And I have a vapexhale hydro tube and base. The goo roo is good. Open. But makes me cough for some reason. Could be the volume of the tube I have to clear that's causing the coughing. The beaker has surprisingly awful flavor. The perc certainly plays a role but I wonder if the shape of the tube does too. The vapexhale gear is nearly flavorless. Which leads me to my newest piece, the sky glass lunar. Holy CRAP the flavor just rings in this piece. It's amazing. And the airflow is more open than any of my other options. this is all true with the z8 and with my SB.

2. 520 degrees gets the herb VERY dark with fantastic flavor... BUT that is on something other than a DC setup. On my DC controller, I could never fully dial it in to get dark and have great flavor for some reason.

cannasoor

2. 520 degrees gets the herb VERY dark with fantastic flavor... BUT that is on something other than a DC setup. On my DC controller, I could never fully dial it in to get dark and have great flavor for some reason.

Revelations! Thank you, but please, do continue to reveal …

So DC = Disorderly Conduction = the controller ("box"), the brand that Phase3 ships by default, is that correct? Or maybe you used a different DC controller, one of your own that you already had?

But most importantly, what was the "other than a DC" setup that worked so well for you? Inquiring minds yearn to know … .

(I'm one of those reading this thread on the edge of my seat, as I await my bundle from Ryan! :brow::ko::freak::) )

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Revelations! Thank you, but please, do continue to reveal …

So DC = Disorderly Conduction = the controller ("box"), the brand that Phase3 ships by default, is that correct? Or maybe you used a different DC controller, one of your own that you already had?

But most importantly, what was the "other than a DC" setup that worked so well for you? Inquiring minds yearn to know … .

(I'm one of those reading this thread on the edge of my seat, as I await my bundle from Ryan! :brow::ko::freak::) )
I used my own DC controller, yea. I was never able to dial it in like I have it right now on my new PID from the screwball. I doubt the controller plays as much of a role as the glass but I never found a tasty dark roast on the DC. On the new PID it's exactly at 520. And, of course, my z8 is in the stock coil.

Edit: crossing PID

It's that offset on the DC that makes it different. But, for some reason, if I turn the DC controller down to 445 to compensate for the 75 degree offset, it is not as dark as the crossing. When I turn it up to get it as dark, the flavor isn't as good

cannasoor

Thanks, I don't follow that.

Yeah, I got news of it here on FC. It's a little tricky for me, as Instagram for some reason won't let me sign up (:shrug:). But I found that if you control-click on a post's preview rectangle (or right-click, perhaps some other modifier, depending on system), you can open it in a new tab, and at least read the post without being logged in. (It's a little trickier to see posts past a certain limit, even in the catalog/preview mode, without being a member.)

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Yeah, I got news of it here on FC. It's a little tricky for me, as Instagram for some reason won't let me sign up (:shrug:). But I found that if you control-click on a post's preview rectangle (or right-click, perhaps some other modifier, depending on system), you can open it in a new tab, and at least read the post without being logged in. (It's a little trickier to see posts past a certain limit, even in the catalog/preview mode, without being a member.)
I'd rather never go there tbh; it's irritating to have to chase information across multiple platforms or depend on the kindness of others, especially about a preorder.

And get tf off my lawn.

cannasoor

I'd rather never go there tbh;

Yeah, I'm not fond of Instagram myself.

And get tf off my lawn.

Uh … OK? Not sure what you're getting at with that—I'm missing the joke here (I'm retired and in my sixties … is this what the kids call a “flex”?).

It's actually at the point where Instagram asks my age that their sign-up process rejects me. I assume they just don't want my old ass on their marketed-to-kids social media site, but that's just conjecture, as they don't state a reason.

In any case, sorry if I offended you somehow, and more so if I just misunderstood.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Yeah, I'm not fond of Instagram myself.

Uh … OK? Not sure what you're getting at with that—I'm missing the joke here (I'm retired and in my sixties … is this what the kids call a “flex”?).

In any case, sorry if I offended you somehow, and more so if I just misunderstood.
Oh goodness, not at all; I'm sorry!

"Get off my lawn" is a classic old-guy meme/saying; I was just acknowledging that my rejection of IG and related irritation are kind of curmudgeonly. It definitely wasn't aimed at you; you can cut across the grass if you like ;). Stop in at the house, even.

cannasoor

Oh goodness, not at all; I'm sorry!

"Get off my lawn" is a classic old-guy meme/saying; I was just acknowledging that my rejection of IG and related irritation are kind of curmudgeonly. It definitely wasn't aimed at you; you can cut across the grass if you like ;). Stop in at the house, even.

Oh, OK. I'm definitely familiar with the "get off my lawn" meme ("meme" in the traditional sense, no images necessary). I just misunderstood how it was intended. So: no harm, no foul. (Or perhaps more appropriately: "No worries", as the kids say … . Or *were* saying a decade or so back: I may not be fully hep to their jive even now—I hear it's a "mood" :lol: .)

I definitely have the same reaction to IG. I think the first time I tried to sign up was to see the original differently-colored woods on the then just-barely-announced TinyMight2s, including the infamous purpleheart one. (A lot of people waitin' on that, I think.)

OK, back to Phase3/ZX/ZB relevance then …

Hmmm. Well, I don't have anything more yet to add except that I managed to go a whole 12 hours today without checking my order status, a first for me. A little sweating, a bit of the shakes, but it all passed after I clicked "refresh" again. But back to the edge of my seat, I guess … .

vapefritz

Would really love to hear from you @invertedisdead! Especially regarding those two things:
- Spreading the coil. People mention that there is some reason it is not spread by default, but honestly I don't fully understand. Would love to hear the reasons from the creator himself! Most seem to agree it performs better when spread but it's my first ball vape and I am still extra careful, don't want to screw it up.
- Default settings of the pid. Would feel more comfortable playing around with it if I knew I could always go back to stock settings.

I know your busy atm and I am not in a hurry, just leaving this here.

coolbreeze

Would really love to hear from you @invertedisdead! Especially regarding those two things:
- Spreading the coil. People mention that there is some reason it is not spread by default, but honestly I don't fully understand. Would love to hear the reasons from the creator himself! Most seem to agree it performs better when spread but it's my first ball vape and I am still extra careful, don't want to screw it up.
- Default settings of the pid. Would feel more comfortable playing around with it if I knew I could always go back to stock settings.

I know your busy atm and I am not in a hurry, just leaving this here.
That's super interesting! I keep seeing more folks stretching the coil - honestly it was designed to incorporate that cooler temperature gradation towards the end of the device to reduce heat transfer in the joint and to the bowl. With the 1.7 a good amount of heat was going into the glass bowl, so Z8 and beyond added some extra length to buffer that. But perhaps it doesn't really matter so much?

From @InhaleExhale:
Mentioned earlier in this thread by @invertedisdead - you certainly can stretch the coil if you like. His goal behind using zirconia was to minimize heat transfer between the ball vape and the bowl (limiting conduction heating) so stretching the coil could potentially increase the likelihood of heat transfer. From my own experience with a DC 16mm coil and the ZX I can handle the glass bowl IMMEDIATELY after a hit - reasonably hot, but not severely so. I kind of wish someone had FLIR and could get an image of the ZX on a coil - my theory is that the bottom portion which mates with the bowl is significantly cooler than the coil portion since ceramic is so effective at heat dispersion.

He did design the ZX for use on the DC coil so for me there is no reason to stretch the DC coil - YMMV.

So, no real harm in doing it, but it would defeat the heat break meant to keep the bowl cool. I think how it helps is by effectively tightening and reducing any loss of contact with the coil more than spreading heat across the bead chamber, which is already covered by the coil. You could try tightening the coil if you can turn the head in it and want to keep that reduction in heat transfer to the bowl.

Top Bottom